+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What I REALISTICLY hope to see tonight vs OU

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: What I REALISTICLY hope to see tonight vs OU

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You started early didn't you? Hard stuff?:icon_wink:
    twss

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

So far we are 1/7 on your list. Lets hope we can finish the game and meet #1. Not for the sake of the season, but just for the sake of the kids.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Yes sir. I hope no one gets hurt.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Dawgs Score!!!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    #1: No injuries. This is the Captain Obvious answer.

#2: FBS quarterback play. Not lighting the woods on fire. Not Drew Brees. Just a QB that looks like a FBS QB.

#3: Improved OL play. No more matadors. Not 7-8 false starts. Better in pass pro. I don't realisticly expect them to dominate OU, just show up and play as a unit.

#4: Tackling. No going for the highlight hits only to whiff and let the guy get another 15 yards. Wrap up.

#5: Limit the big play on defense.

#6: Creativity on offense!!

#7: I'd like to think somehow we could generate pressure on the QB. We didn't do that well at all in 2013
    # 1 was a passing mark. We came out of the game relatively healthy. I dont know of any major injuries.

#2 I would say Sokol did what I asked of him. He started shaky but improved as the night went on. He took care of the football and shows poise under pressure. I think he's gonna be OK.

#3 Big improvement over last year. (It's hard to fathom how they could have gotten worse lol)

#4 Fail. We still seem to have problems tackling.

#5 Fail.

#6 French Vanilla as opposed to plain Vanilla.

#7 Fail. I'm hoping this had more to do with who we were playing than scheme/personnel issues.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

# 1 was a passing mark. We came out of the game relatively healthy. I dont know of any major injuries.

#2 I would say Sokol did what I asked of him. He started shaky but improved as the night went on. He took care of the football and shows poise under pressure. I think he's gonna be OK.

#3 Big improvement over last year. (It's hard to fathom how they could have gotten worse lol)

#4 Fail. We still seem to have problems tackling.

#5 Fail.

#6 French Vanilla as opposed to plain Vanilla.

#7 Fail. I'm hoping this had more to do with who we were playing than scheme/personnel issues.
    Our HC didn't seem to care about the injury thing regarding our best player.

I'll hold off on the conditioning thing for one more game, but yesterday looked like last year.

Good special teams comes from coaching. No coaching.

Discipline comes from coaching. No coaching.

This was a good thread. Thanks for posting.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't know what to make of it at this point. I'm hoping OU is one of the top 2-3 teams in the country. If that's true, then we'll be alright.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I really don't know what to make of it at this point. I'm hoping OU is one of the top 2-3 teams in the country. If that's true, then we'll be alright.
    We'll know more next week. We will be an underdog, but that game will tell us what kind of team we have and losing that game won't mean we suck.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We'll know more next week. We will be an underdog, but that game will tell us what kind of team we have and losing that game won't mean we suck.
    If we win next week, there's hope for the season. If we play close and lose, there's hope for the season. If we get beaten in a run away it won't bode well for the season.

We've got three games to put the pieces of the puzzle together before conference play starts.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

I work with an OU fan. I went into work Friday with my Tech shirt on and jokingly said I was asking for two things:

#1) Don't hurt KD

#2) Make sure the check clears.

Now did I want the Dawgs to put up a good show, yes. Would I have been ecstatic if the Dawgs had won, hell yes.

But realistically, c'mon man, we were in the house of the #4 team in the country and we only won four games last year.

Here's how I'm going to approach my co-worker Tuesday:

#1) I was hoping we could keep OU under 50. The more under 50 the better. Hey, it wasn't pretty, but that happened.

#2) I was hoping we could score at least 20. That being at least 3 TDs or 2 TDs and a couple of field goals. Not sure what's going on with the kicking game, but that almost happened.

#3) I was hoping we would win the turnover battle (that being a key to #1 and #2). That happened.

#4) I was hoping the team could work together to get KD at least two of the hoped for TDs on the ground and get him over a 100 yards. That didn't happen.

The Dawgs seem to have come out of the game basically healthy. I assumed the check will clear. This one's behind us and time to move forward. Go Dawgs!

#1: No injuries. This is the Captain Obvious answer.

#2: FBS quarterback play. Not lighting the woods on fire. Not Drew Brees. Just a QB that looks like a FBS QB.

#3: Improved OL play. No more matadors. Not 7-8 false starts. Better in pass pro. I don't realisticly expect them to dominate OU, just show up and play as a unit.

#4: Tackling. No going for the highlight hits only to whiff and let the guy get another 15 yards. Wrap up.

#5: Limit the big play on defense.

#6: Creativity on offense!!

#7: I'd like to think somehow we could generate pressure on the QB. We didn't do that well at all in 2013
    We get an A in every category tonight.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We get an A in every category tonight.
    And last week as well.

+ Reply to Thread