+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positives

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

The Positives

Come off the ledge guys, we are not close to a Top 5 team and it showed. They were much, much better than us,( like that kind of team always is) and we all predicted this kind of outcome. It's tough to watch it happen, but everyone in the country knew it was going to happen.

Now for the positives and what we can build on:

- Upgrade at QB. I like Sokol. He will stand in there with enormous pressure and still deliver a strike. He has good composure. That last one to Hunter on 4th down was very nice. That being said, he did underthrow an easy TD to Dixon in the 1st half and he made a bad throw that got picked off. It was his first Division 1 start in a hostile environment against a great defense, I think he did well and will improve as the season goes on.

- The OL looks much better. I think we only gave up 1 sack. Sokol got hit a few times, but only the 1 sack. The run blocking was bad, but I think that was because OU's DL is incredible.

- Receivers looked about the same. Turner got shutdown. Only made 1 catch, but it was a nice catch. Sterling looked much better to me. Trent Taylor is going to be a player for us. But I didn't see much of an upgrade from last year's group. I think Sokol will do a better job of finding open receivers than Higgins/Young did.

- DBs played pretty well. Their QB made some nice throws into good coverage. I didn't think either of the Pass Interference calls were really pass interference. Once they played their 2nd team receivers, they didn't do much.

- DL got zero pressure. I'm sure that's because OU's OL is incredible. I didn't notice much blitzing, but if there was any, it didn't work. OU's QB had all day. I thought they did OK at times with the up the middle stuff. But they were dominated most of the time.

- LB were too slow for that kind of offense.

- We didn't tire with the up-tempo offense. We looked better conditioned and tougher on D. They didn't steal our will or make us quit. We competed 'til the end.

- They crushed us in the 1st quarter 21-0. They played their starters until the 4th. The score in the 2nd and 3rd quarter was 20-3. We beat their subs in the 4th quarter 13-7. Their subs were still high school studs if they signed with OU.

- Special Teams needs some work: Blocked FG, Blocked EP, and the big KO return.

- I think we only had 1 turnover. That's a positive against a defense like that.

- I look at that game as a scrimmage to prepare us for the conference games. I think we learned from it and we will get better by playing that kind of talent.

Fire away! (I'm ducking)

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Positives

I think thats fair.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I honestly think you're right on the money.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I think we win at least 6.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We competed 'til the end.

This is the most glaring. We were out of this game before the 1st quarter ended. We NEVER competed.

Puppy tabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the ears

You are correct. The only other team the Dogs will face with that kind of talent is Auburn. We will see how playing someone this well prepares us for our league schedule the rest of the way.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with everything there, and I will be stronger with the criticism of special teams.

Place-kicking protection was atrocious on the two blocked kicks.
    Kickoffs that don't get past the 5 aren't good enough, and that short kick exposed undisciplined kickoff coverage.
    Punting was bad...rugby-style is an adventure and conventional punts were low and led to easy return yards.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

This is the most glaring. We were out of this game before the 1st quarter ended. We NEVER competed.
    We tried. We didn't have half the talent of OU, but we gave it our best shot from start to finish.

Another thing: I think Kentrell Brice did a nice job tackling. I think this was his best game at Tech.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think he meant conditioning-wise. Unless we were just winded to begin with and remained that way. #EmbracetheSuck

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

I didn't watch the game, just followed some on GameCast. Did we make it out relatively injury free?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    I didn't watch the game, just followed some on GameCast. Did we make it out relatively injury free?
    No injuries mentioned in post game or during game.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

C-USA teams on Tech's schedule that lost by similar scores to teams close but not quite in the same class as Oklahoma...

Rice lost 17-48 to Notre Dame
    USM lost 0-49 to Mississippi State
    North Texas lost 7-38 to Texas

What that says is that other than Auburn, Tech should be able to compete with the rest of its schedule. Still have to get better though to win 6 or 7 of those 10 games.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    C-USA teams on Tech's schedule that lost by similar scores to teams close but not quite in the same class as Oklahoma...

Rice lost 17-48 to Notre Dame
    USM lost 0-49 to Mississippi State
    North Texas lost 7-38 to Texas

What that says is that other than Auburn, Tech should be able to compete with the rest of its schedule. Still have to get better though to win 6 or 7 of those 10 games.
    This! I was about to post almost the exact same thing. I think we have a pulse and will be in the thick of things!

FNB Postgame Call In show (free listen to all fans) has two Tech fans hosting. That's a positive for sure.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

FNB Postgame Call In show (free listen to all fans) has two Tech fans hosting. That's a positive for sure.
    Are any of y'all calling in, or just posting on here?

+ Reply to Thread