+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Tech 46 - ul-l 33 - Series Record

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

La Tech 46 - ul-l 33 - Series Record

Bulldog Ragin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: La Tech 46 - ul-l 33 - Series Record

See the post about living in the past. Your future is Saturday. Time for LTUR to embrace the suck

Puppy Bravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeDawgfan View Post
    Cornell leads the all time record vs Michigan 12-6. If I utilized some dawgs' logic then I would have to assume that Cornell has a better football program than Michigan.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bravecajun View Post
    Cornell leads the all time record vs Michigan 12-6. If I utilized some dawgs' logic then I would have to assume that Cornell has a better football program than Michigan.
    Apparently they did from 1889-1952.
    We've had the Cajuns number from 1910-2004

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

1910 - 2012 (just haven't played since 2004)

Puppy Bravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBravecajun Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Apparently they did from 1889-1952.
    We've had the Cajuns number from 1910-2004
    Fair enough. Most logical people would agree to that statement and that past results are not always the best indicator of future games.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    See the post about living in the past. Your future is Saturday. Time for LTUR to embrace the suck
    If history doesn't matter, then why do you keep bringing up our 4-8 record and loss to Tulane from last year? You're not too consistent when the facts don't work for you...

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I have read several of your comments on this board, in all seriousness, are you a loser at life?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Fair enough. Most logical people would agree to that statement and that past results are not always the best indicator of future games.
    we actually use that when recommending an investment, we can not guarantee results BUt we recommend because history show it works. It is a discailmer said with no enthusiasm -- we really think you go with history, those who do not are doomed to repeat failure---

Puppy zakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your timezakeeus Ultimate jerk and not worth your time zakeeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    If history doesn't matter, then why do you keep bringing up our 4-8 record and loss to Tulane from last year? You're not too consistent when the facts don't work for you...
    I would say that is relevant because the teams have many of the same players and coaches from last years teams. Games that happened over 6 years ago are completely irrelevant. You can only use recent stats, because old numbers sometimes only show how much things have changed. The last year the Cajuns and Dawgs played Utah, Iowa, Cal, Miami, Tennessee, Boston College, Fresno state, Navy, and Pitt all finished the season ranked. I believe its ok to use history, but recent history has to be weighed much much higher.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

You obviously know how it feels. Hopefully we won't have to-- pretty sure I would not want to go thru what you guys have experienced all these yrs

Here is what bothers me. Both ULL and Tech have the same problem. No matter how well we compete in any given year we will never get coverage either team deserves. LSU dominates media and for years graduates from both our schools , and most state schools, wander around in LSU wall mart gear. Most folks do not know what a great job ULL has done with their athletic program last few yrs -- most folks do not know Tech has put 6 players in NFL over last 2 yrs-and backup for Brees. This is Huge game for state--- for us, it will be embarrasing to lose -- we have worked hard to get where we are. Most folks ridiculed us for jumping to div 1 ( including souwthwestern-then)-- For ULL -- they will not admit it but losing to us will leave them sick. Do not for a minute think its not true--our Basketball team was incredible, i made home games and best team and fans since Malone BUT losing to ULL still bothers me. POINT is , this game deserves Media to discuss a 100 yr rivalry but they wont, we will get endress drible about LSU and Sunday - articles about how they trounced a hapless div 2 program. BOTH our programs deserve more media attention -- maybe this is one thing we can all agree on

and as an investor I would AGREE -- Cornell does have a better football program based on "bang for buck". I assume they have 1/10th of budget at best and probably no scholarships ( most Ivy dont). What you just told me, Cornell does an incredible job sith their football program --MUCH better than most --bang for buck

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by zakeeus View Post
    I would say that is relevant because the teams have many of the same players and coaches from last years teams. Games that happened over 6 years ago are completely irrelevant. You can only use recent stats, because old numbers sometimes only show how much things have changed. The last year the Cajuns and Dawgs played Utah, Iowa, Cal, Miami, Tennessee, Boston College, Fresno state, Navy, and Pitt all finished the season ranked. I believe its ok to use history, but recent history has to be weighed much much higher.
    I don't know what you've been smoking, but neither of us have played those teams in the past year. Also, let's compare our past opponents for this season: an incomplete, unranked Southern team from the FCS, and perennial top 25 Oklahoma, who's ranked in the top 3 of the FBS. You drubbed the weak team, we got drubbed by the strong team even though we won the turnover margin. Right now that seems to me that we're about even...neither of us have proved much so far.
    Last edited by BearDawg137; 09-02-2014 at 05:38 PM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    and as an investor I would AGREE -- Cornell does have a better football program based on "bang for buck". I assume they have 1/10th of budget at best and probably no scholarships ( most Ivy dont). What you just told me, Cornell does an incredible job sith their football program --MUCH better than most --bang for buck
    The Ivy Leagues do surprisingly well for all that. But as far as budget goes, they of course have higher total budgets than almost all others. So I'm sure that helps despite their lack of schollys.

+ Reply to Thread