+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report from espn1420

Puppy dawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Report from espn1420

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Re: Report from espn1420

Clicked looking for info. Was disappointed.

It's my own fault for not paying attention to the red dots first.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

It was VERY interesting to find we had played in a conference with TCU.
    That's some amazing research right there. Gives you a good idea how credible the guy is.
    And, no matter how their paid mouthpiece spins it (this is their play-by-play man writing this slanted piece), we are in a conference they want to be in, and they have not been given an invite.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Play each other every year???

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Games in Ruston would increase attendance there, and, with the flux of Cajun fans making the trip up highway 167, Tech might have to remove the blue tarps that block off what are always empty seats

Yeah right, they traveled less than 200 excluding the band to Ruston.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We could take the blue tarps off? This article seems a little biased. I don't remember many Cajun fans making the trip north the last time we played.
    Games in Ruston would increase attendance there, and, with the flux of Cajun fans making the trip up highway 167, Tech might have to remove the blue tarps that block off what are always empty seats.

Read More: Cajuns Vs. Louisiana Tech: It’s About Time – From the Bird’s Nest | http://espn1420.com/cajuns-vs-louisi...ckback=tsmclip

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

And yet Lafayette is still in the Sun Belt.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    And yet Lafayette is still in the Sun Belt.
    Which according to the article Tech played football in prior to joining the WAC. The misinformation here meant to show Tech as the delusional fanbase is overwhelmingly skewed in a most delusional way.

Interpretation for ULL trolls:
    This is article (R-tick-ull) is full of lies (not truth), which means that the article as a whole (1st word all the way to the end) must be counted as propaganda (made up stuff).

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Games in Ruston would increase attendance there, and, with the flux of Cajun fans making the trip up highway 167, Tech might have to remove the blue tarps that block off what are always empty seats

Yeah right, they traveled less than 200 excluding the band to Ruston.
    I saw arieals pics of the game in Monroe a few years ago and they filled almost half the stadium. The fans of ULL travel much better today than they did the last time we played them. I was looking at some of thier home crowds on he web site and they got over 31K against FIU before hud was the coach. Our biggest crowd in history was 1997 against NLU 28k. Tell me where would a bowl need to be played to get over 42K Tech fans as ULL did in NO 3 years in a row? I tend to see things from 2 sides. The only thing that might hold them back is the lack of hotel rooms in Ruston.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Meh.

If we play them sometimes, fine. If we miss them a few years, that's fine. I say play them when we want to play them. I don't really know if that weird, football series or else no other sports thing was really the reason we renewed the series or if it just happened to work out that 2014-15 were good years to work them in - but if it was up to me it wouldn't have been a factor at all (at least not in a positive direction).

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I saw arieals pics of the game in Monroe a few years ago and they filled almost half the stadium. The fans of ULL travel much better today than they did the last time we played them. I was looking at some of thier home crowds on he web site and they got over 31K against FIU before hud was the coach. Our biggest crowd in history was 1997 against NLU 28k. Tell me where would a bowl need to be played to get over 42K Tech fans as ULL did in NO 3 years in a row? I tend to see things from 2 sides. The only thing that might hold them back is the lack of hotel rooms in Ruston.
    Why would we care about their home crowds? That doesn't help us.

It'd be great if they brought a bunch of fans to Ruston. But when we stopped playing them, they weren't bringing great crowds. If they are traveling better now, then that's good news for us, but until we see it you can understand why we'd be skeptical (and why it wasn't the end of the world to let the series go for a few years).

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Just for the record...and because I'm tired of reading comments about them...we have not had tarps over seats in several years.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

That was one of the most ignorant, inaccurate, and unprofessional articles I have ever read.

Dooley removed the tarps long ago, and they were never blue.

The funniest part to me was that the idiot actually thought that ULL broke our athletic budget by ULL's refusal to play Tech in Olympic sports as if there weren't dozens of other regional DI teams to play.

If the idiot actually looked at the budgets, he would find that Tech's travel expenses vs. conference revenue in the WAC came out way ahead of ULL's travel expenses vs. the Belch distribution.

And I think our volleyball players enjoyed every trip to Hawai'i, especially because they played in front of thousands and thousands of Wahine fans on statewide TV.

And they are still whining about the 2008 Indy Bowl blaming Tech for keeping 6-6 ULL at home?

And what does Tech's 2012 bowl situation have to do with ULL?

UTEP and NMSU are nothing like Tech and ULL. UTEP and NMSU schedule each other like they do because both schools are geographically isolated with no other DI schools within driving distance except for UNM. There are dozens of DI schools near Ruston.

ULL has never brought fans to Ruston, and Tech-ULL has never been a football rivalry. Just because we've played 85 times doesn't make it a rivalry. Tech's rival was Northwestern and to a lesser extent NLU. USL's rival was McNeese and to a lesser extent Southeastern and Lamar and now ULM over the last decade. Maybe basketball, but not football. Nobody from Tech should ever call ULL a football rival because they never have been. We should never stoop to playing at Sun Belt football venues.

ULL's jealousy of Tech runs deep.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 09-03-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Stop pretending to be a Tech fan. You aren't fooling anybody. Everybody here knows you are a ULL troll.

And we've had several home crowds bigger than the 28K vs. NLU.

And we've put over 42K fans in the Indy Bowl several times, thank you.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Stop pretending to be a Tech fan. You aren't fooling anybody. Everybody here knows you are a ULL troll.

And we've had several home crowds bigger than the 28K vs. NLU.

And we've put over 42K fans in the Indy Bowl several times, thank you.
    They really do have a mental block with the idea of us having 2 home stadiums, don't they?

+ Reply to Thread