+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lulu Perry Dismissed From Team

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Lulu Perry Dismissed From Team

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    well, isn't that special!
    I just want a Techster team that wins, pat him on the butt at church next Sunday morning and say, "Way to go Coach"!
    Been there -

Done that -

Didn't work...

That's why we have a new head coach
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

I just want a Techster team that wins, pat him on the butt at church next Sunday morning and say, "Way to go Coach"!
    Blind,
    I take it, by the comments you have made, that you don't like the fact that TS is very public about his Christian faith?

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    So you'd rather have a team of thugs just to get the wins? This isn't LSU this is the proud and storied Techsters.
    I would hardly call Lulu a thug for one!
    Secondly, women's basketball is not for the meek and weak any more
    Change is always hard on a program and especially the players, not to mention us fans!
    We have Andrews as the only back up guard on the team now, unless you consider walk on, Richie...
    They have freshman Davenport listed as a guard but don't know if that is a position she would be capable of playing.
    Now, the freshman Murdock could have filled in for her but, Oh yea, she's gone too!
    I suppose we could play Frazier and
    wingate as a guard and put Langston and Molton down in the post and hope they can play for more than 5 minutes with out getting fouled out by half time
    I hope winning is something this team of Techsters can do and hate to know that another looseing season is now more likely in-store for this season as well.
    Some might be O.K. with that but the majority of the LaTech fans I know only support a winning team!
    Since the Barmore error, it seems that we are always re-building!
    Ready for something to get built personly...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I would hardly call Lulu a thug for one!
    Secondly, women's basketball is not for the meek and weak any more
    Change is always hard on a program and especially the players, not to mention us fans!
    We have Andrews as the only back up guard on the team now, unless you consider walk on, Richie...
    They have freshman Davenport listed as a guard but don't know if that is a position she would be capable of playing.
    Now, the freshman Murdock could have filled in for her but, Oh yea, she's gone too!
    I suppose we could play Frazier and
    wingate as a guard and put Langston and Molton down in the post and hope they can play for more than 5 minutes with out getting fouled out by half time
    I hope winning is something this team of Techsters can do and hate to know that another looseing season is now more likely in-store for this season as well.
    Some might be O.K. with that but the majority of the LaTech fans I know only support a winning team!
    Since the Barmore error, it seems that we are always re-building!
    Ready for something to get built personly...
    Didn't say she was and I don't think she is. But what do you expect will happen if we throw discipline out the window?

This is how things get built.

I'm sorry she's gone; I know we could have used her. But if she can't follow rules (repeatedly!) then that's something we don't need.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeDawgfan View Post
    Blind,
    I take it, by the comments you have made, that you don't like the fact that TS is very public about his Christian faith?
    Absolutly not! His faith is probably the same as mine!
    Think it is neccassary to practice what you preach as well!

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

You have to be one of the most idiotic posters that has graced this board. Your grasping of false hope of the previous regime is pathetic, misguided at best. If you "just" wanted a winner, you would shut up and let the man do what he feels like he needs to do to build a winner. What was tried by the previous coach did not work and the program is going in a new direction.

I don't know LuLu, nor do I know Coach Summit. But I am going to give him the benefit of a doubt and trust that he is doing what it will take to build a winner. I will reserve judgment for a few years since the previous staff left him a huge mess to clean up. (The same goes for the new baseball coach.)

What we do know is that the product the previous coach put on the floor stunk. The previous coach played a major role in destroying the program and needed to go. The team was not going to get any better with her at the helm. Plus, history would have likely repeated itself with players leaving like they did in her previous off-seasons, with you singing the chorus of ifs, ands and buts and talking about how a 60th ranked (mediocre) recruiting class will return us to glory next year. (A class like could possibly do it, if it had a good coach, but Spoon was not a good coach.)

Granted, I am not a college coach, but I have coached youth sports for nine seasons, and I have learned that at some point you have to pull the trigger when it comes to dismissing/punishing players who repeatedly break the rules. He wasn't hired to allow problem players to repeatedly break the rules. He has to do what is right for our University's program. He was hired to rebuild a once proud program. If he needs get to rid of more people who do not follow his rules or are cancers in the clubhouse in order to build a winner, so be it.

Wake up from the bad dream of the previous head coach and join us in the new dawn of the Lady Techster program.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Didn't say she was and I don't think she is. But what do you expect will happen if we throw discipline out the window?

This is how things get built.

I'm sorry she's gone; I know we could have used her. But if she can't follow rules (repeatedly!) then that's something we don't need.
    agree...Let's hope so! I am thinking we are all so ready for it to get built!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

agree...Let's hope so! I am thinking we are all so ready for it to get built!
    I am thrilled that he is trying to build a team with rules and discipline. I truly believe we will never be a great team again without this. I have no idea what LuLu did, but I do believe that she was given multiple chances and made the choice not to follow them as the article said. After our last debacle at coach, I am sure it is going to take some time to get the program moving forward again- I am just thankful we have someone of integrity in that role. There is no way on earth you can let the players dictate how things will go so they won't quit. If they quit and we lose, there will be more scholarships for next year. We were already a terrible team, so we have lost nothing, but are at least moving forward.

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

The season might not be a return to the national championship (as some people seem to think it should have been) but look for a very good recruiting class for next year. This staff is making good things happen and are generating interest from some very impressive players.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I have no clue what she did this time, but I can say without question and from numerous sources she would not have made it out of high school at Southwood, Ouachita, West Monroe or some of the other elite programs in the area...Without even knowing I can assure you she would have never survived El Dorado...She has a long history of slacking off, missing class, etc...her talent got her by

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose you have an agenda with your post?????

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Absolutly not! His faith is probably the same as mine!
    Think it is neccassary to practice what you preach as well!
    Instead of directing your anger at CTS, you should be directing it towards LuLu. Afterall, SHE'S the person letting everybody down.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Instead of directing your anger at CTS, you should be directing it towards LuLu. Afterall, SHE'S the person letting everybody down.
    You have a point there HogDawg!
    When you follow the program as closely as I do and always expect great things from the gals that wear the Techster uniform I am excited and hope they will be part of the team that brings us back to prominace and always expect them to make us all proud!
    Lulu has let us down for sure
    Maybe even more her teammates that will have to work even harder in her absence!

These disappointments are all so familiar to us all...
    That is especially for the fine folks that really follow the program!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

When you follow the program as closely as I do and always expect great things from the gals that wear the Techster uniform I am excited and hope they will be part of the team that brings us back to prominace and always expect them to make us all proud!
    Maybe even more her teammates that will have to work even harder in her absence!

Now THAT is an excellent post.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Good post........ Lulu will definitely be missed on the court. I have a feeling, though, that many of the problems we saw last year of a team that was CERTAINLY more talented than they played, can be attributed to an undisciplined team. That is being changed. As for turning the other cheek, as you mentioned, we have one player that was dismissed last year, walked back on, and is on scholarship now. She seems to have been given a second chance and is proving she can make it work. It is going to take hard work by all of these players. There is no room for selfishness any more. This is a team and we will now have players that act like one.

This, above all, shows how much like Barmore that Tyler is.............

+ Reply to Thread