+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 111

Thread: ULL game - Football Discussion

  1. #1
    Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of lightfrogdog is a glorious beacon of light frogdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    325

    ULL game - Football Discussion

    Let's have 1 thread about the game and how it may play out without any bashing or personal assination:
    I think we need to open with a lot of counteraction and mis direction, USL plays on emotion and will over prusue and if we hit these early I think we can put them on their heels and jump on them early. I am not sold on their D line I do not find they got a single sack on Southern. If we can Dixon or king the ball with a little space there will be big plays avalible. Unlike most the defense will win this gam and we will force 3 turnovers. The real wild card to me is how much Hunsmit and Diaz know each other and where does that advantage falls, they were both on the staff together at M state. now can we keep one thread on football, please.

  2. #2
    Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    on the brink
    Posts
    8,061

    Re: football discussion

    i'm not sure what assination means, but it sounds like exactly the sort of thing that goes on in most ull threads.

    i think we just need to settle down and execute. we should not need anything special to win this game -- just some good execution and half-decent situational playcalling. i'm still waiting to see that for the first time with the current coaching staff...

  3. #3
    Varsity Bulldog Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    219

    Re: football discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    Let's have 1 thread about the game and how it may play out without any bashing or personal assination:
    I think we need to open with a lot of counteraction and mis direction, USL plays on emotion and will over prusue and if we hit these early I think we can put them on their heels and jump on them early. I am not sold on their D line I do not find they got a single sack on Southern. If we can Dixon or king the ball with a little space there will be big plays avalible. Unlike most the defense will win this gam and we will force 3 turnovers. The real wild card to me is how much Hunsmit and Diaz know each other and where does that advantage falls, they were both on the staff together at M state. now can we keep one thread on football, please.
    According to Skip they rotate 6 D linemen in that all go 300 lbs and can move. Just curious how do you know about the 3 turn overs already.

  4. #4
    Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Walker, LA
    Posts
    5,985

    Re: football discussion

    Their QB sounded rusty and I know they have concerns with the center position. If we can stuff the running game I think we have a shot.

    Bwi4pQuCMAEEyPQ.jpg

  5. #5
    2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,679

    Re: football discussion

    They're not that good. It comes down to whether or not they can stop our rushing attack. I say that because they will have more passing yards than us, but he'll throw the ball up for grabs a few times. I don't think Hudspeth is patient enough to try and pound it out on the ground.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

  6. #6
    Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Minden LA
    Posts
    2,205

    Re: football discussion

    I wondered why we did not even try to get the ball in TK's hands last week. I saw him kneeling on kick offs but not in on offense...maybe he will be a secret weapon this week...a difference maker.

  7. #7
    Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Conway, AR
    Posts
    3,604

    Re: football discussion

    I will probably be bashed for this by some folks, but I wonder if we purposely didn't show our entire play book against OU.

  8. #8
    Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Walker, LA
    Posts
    5,985

    Re: football discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    I wondered why we did not even try to get the ball in TK's hands last week. I saw him kneeling on kick offs but not in on offense...maybe he will be a secret weapon this week...a difference maker.
    +1 He is the most dangerous man on the field when he gets the ball.

  9. #9
    Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: football discussion

    From a pure athletic standpoint, our Jimmy's and Joe's should be par with--or better than--ULL's. However, ULL has the experience edge with a senior-laden team. If Tech keeps the game close in the 1st quarter, I like our chances.

  10. #10
    2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Shreevesburg
    Posts
    25,478

    Re: football discussion

    It's all about the trenches. I think Dixon is the key. If we can establish the run, we've got a good shot.

    As much as I a. Not a fan of ball-control O, if we can force them to play "our" game, we can win it.

  11. #11
    Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    16,450

    Re: football discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I will probably be bashed for this by some folks, but I wonder if we purposely didn't show our entire play book against OU.
    No, you shouldn't be bashed for that at all. Holtz would be incredibly stupid to show it all off against OU. Of course you'd think ul-L would have done the same thing.

  12. #12
    Puppy cajunconnection has turned a few heads around herecajunconnection has turned a few heads around herecajunconnection has turned a few heads around here
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2

    Re: football discussion

    [QUOTE=RougeDawg;1449517]Their QB sounded rusty and I know they have concerns with the center position. If we can stuff the running game I think we have a shot.

    Attachment 11654[/QUOTE
    Our Qb was not the best that night( even though threw 3 touchdown passes and ran for another Threw two picks ] Our center is a very experienced lineman who had no bad exchanges to Broadway.
    This Cajun team is not the team a lot of Tech fans remember .
    Come down and see for yourself.

    CC

  13. #13
    He's Sexy & He Knows It... SWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Vicksburg, MS
    Posts
    433

    Re: football discussion

    [QUOTE=cajunconnection;1449609]
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Their QB sounded rusty and I know they have concerns with the center position. If we can stuff the running game I think we have a shot.

    Attachment 11654[/QUOTE
    Our Qb was not the best that night( even though threw 3 touchdown passes and ran for another Threw two picks ] Our center is a very experienced lineman who had no bad exchanges to Broadway.
    This Cajun team is not the team a lot of Tech fans remember .
    Come down and see for yourself.

    CC
    I don't understand why ever USL fan on here keeps saying this statement "this is not a team that you Tech fans remember" in the sense that when we go down to play you we're just going to be wowed by your level of talent, facilities, etc. I mean I know you guys have had your struggles in the past and have had years that were very embarassing, much like we've had, but lets not kid ourselves here. It's not like you guys have moved up to the SEC or something since we last played you. I mean you lost to ULM last year. That seems to line up pretty well with the USL I know. And I'm not saying we had a great year at all last year (losing to Army, Tulane, and Kansas), but some of you USL folk are acting like y'all have turned a corner somewhere down the road from us. That is just simply not true.

    I congratulate you on your recent successful seasons, but lets not pretend that your program has somehow vaulted itself into another stratosphere than where we are off of a couple of New Orleans Bowl victories against marginal teams, and a shared Sunbelt conference title. I'm all for being proud of my program, but I also don't claim that we are on the same level as a TCU or Boise. I just can't see how being good for 3 years in the Belch raises your program level above us. I don't think we'll be surprised with the program we see on Saturday at all. I think most Tech fans have a good idea of where you guys are sitting, and a good idea of where we are sitting. I think it will be a tight game that comes down to 1 possession. Hopefully it's us on the end of that possession.

  14. #14
    Puppy timf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    42

    Re: football discussion

    [QUOTE=SWarner63;1449613]
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunconnection View Post

    I don't understand why ever USL fan on here keeps saying this statement "this is not a team that you Tech fans remember" in the sense that when we go down to play you we're just going to be wowed by your level of talent, facilities, etc. I mean I know you guys have had your struggles in the past and have had years that were very embarassing, much like we've had, but lets not kid ourselves here. It's not like you guys have moved up to the SEC or something since we last played you. I mean you lost to ULM last year. That seems to line up pretty well with the USL I know. And I'm not saying we had a great year at all last year (losing to Army, Tulane, and Kansas), but some of you USL folk are acting like y'all have turned a corner somewhere down the road from us. That is just simply not true.

    I congratulate you on your recent successful seasons, but lets not pretend that your program has somehow vaulted itself into another stratosphere than where we are off of a couple of New Orleans Bowl victories against marginal teams, and a shared Sunbelt conference title. I'm all for being proud of my program, but I also don't claim that we are on the same level as a TCU or Boise. I just can't see how being good for 3 years in the Belch raises your program level above us. I don't think we'll be surprised with the program we see on Saturday at all. I think most Tech fans have a good idea of where you guys are sitting, and a good idea of where we are sitting. I think it will be a tight game that comes down to 1 possession. Hopefully it's us on the end of that possession.
    What ever helps you get through the day.......

  15. #15
    He's Sexy & He Knows It... SWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Vicksburg, MS
    Posts
    433

    Re: football discussion

    [QUOTE=timf82;1449614]
    Quote Originally Posted by SWarner63 View Post

    What ever helps you get through the day.......
    I could say the same to you.

    I mean be realistic. Y'all won't beat Ole Miss, and you won't beat Boise either. Until you do, and actually win your conference on a regular basis, you are not on a different level than us. That's not a bad thing, it's just there are things you have to do to be considered an upper level mid-major, and you haven't done them. And neither have we! So saying you're program is superior to ours is just ludicrous.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts