+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Advocate Writer

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Cajun Advocate Writer

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    This is actually perfect. Maybe they'll convince themselves that they can win next year. I'd love to have 5,000 or so of them make the drive to Ruston to witness that beat down.
    They wont bring 500. Although last time I think they brought their band. That was so long ago I may have misremembered.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    They wont bring 500. Although last time I think they brought their band. That was so long ago I may have misremembered.
    Which is exactly why I want the sportswriters down there to convince them this was a fluke. I want them to think they're going to come to Ruston and leave with a W only to leave wearing their butt for a hat.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

He sent me a reply:

Johnson, Luke

3:27
    PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my article. Feedback is a necessity in this business, both on my end and from the reader's perspective.

The beautiful thing about opinions is that everyone has one. In my opinion, the Cajuns team you saw get clobbered by Tech Saturday night is not the one you'll see the majority of the time this season. There is a reason they were double-digit favorites heading into the game. In your opinion, Saturday's game was all the evidence you need to make the case that the Cajuns were vastly overrated. Your proof is in the score, mine is in what I've seen watching this team practice and play together for the last month.

Thanks again for the email and for reading my work. Have a good day.

THEADVOCATE
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Remember the line from "Platoon". Excuses are like a**holes. Everyone's got one. Just like his opinion.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    He sent me a reply:

Johnson, Luke

PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my article. Feedback is a necessity in this business, both on my end and from the reader's perspective.

The beautiful thing about opinions is that everyone has one. In my opinion, the Cajuns team you saw get clobbered by Tech Saturday night is not the one you'll see the majority of the time this season. There is a reason they were double-digit favorites heading into the game. In your opinion, Saturday's game was all the evidence you need to make the case that the Cajuns were vastly overrated. Your proof is in the score, mine is in what I've seen watching this team practice and play together for the last month.

THEADVOCATE

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    He sent me a reply:

Johnson, Luke

PM (1 hour ago)

to me

THEADVOCATE
    Someone should ask this idiot if he saw what we did: LA Tech was bigger, faster, stronger, better coached and executed on their game plan better than ULL. Oh....and yes, we had more points too.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Anyone who has been around sports long enough should realize that teams practice against their own teammates. Therefore, they learn very well what the offense or defense can do. That's a whole lot different than real games when they are seeing teams for the first time.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

His apparent asinine reply has to be tongue-in-cheek. It has to be! No one can be that stupid!

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Thanks to the First Amendment, he is indeed entitled to publish his opinions. That doesn't mean they aren't delusional. If he thinks his Cajuns are that good, let's see how their record looks half way through the season. Of course with he'll probably say every opponent except SU had a fluke game.

Varsity Bulldog 1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Did they wear blue?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    And if your aunt had balls, she would be your uncle! Little brother of your daddy, Louisiana Tech University!
    LOLOLOLOLO
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Sunshine pumpers gon sunshine-pump. Even flammin cajun ones.

Look, I think any truly unbiased observer would have watched that game and noticed the obvious disparity on all levels; the eye test would have told them all they needed to know. Then, the results in the score (though it wasn't even that close) and the boxscore would have further verified what their eyes told them. And the truly unbiased conclusion would be, "Those two teams play 10 times this year, and Tech wins all 10, definitively. Really, no debate."

However, there will always be those in every fan base that delusionally and -- perhaps -- loyally (to a fault) refuse to let their eyes tell them anything but positive. ULL has those fans/supporters as does Tech.

The loyalty I can respect, even though the logic is suspect.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I think he wrote that article without watching the game, which is unethical. Nobody who watched that game would make that statement and then (worse), double-down on it.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

This beat writer is new this year, and I don't know how closely he looked at last year's results... But ULL has struggled against their last 6 FBS opponents.

- Had to dig themselves out of 21-point deficit to beat hapless NMSU in Laffy
    - Squeaked by Troy in Laffy by 5 points.
    - Beat winless Georgia State, but it was a 1-possession game in the 4th quarter.
    - Lost to ULM in Lafayette! LOL
    - Curb stomped by South Alabama 30-8.
    - Beat Tulane by 2 because the Greenie Lou Groza winner missed a chip shot FG.
    - SWAC
    - Blown out by Tech!

Taking into account those results and watching the game on Saturday night, it's pretty obvious ULL is waayyy overhyped. Hudspeth's best win in three years may be over a mediocre SDSU team.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jukedawg View Post
    "Play that game nine more times and the Cajuns probably win seven of them" Luke Johnson Cajun Beat Writer BR Advocate

+ Reply to Thread