+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That was just plain fun to watch!

Bulldog wmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of light wmladawg's Avatar

Re: That was just plain fun to watch!

The Henderson kid looks like he will be a very special player!!! I think he has all the tools...speed, size, hands, moves. Opposing defenses will have to pay attention to him.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

When will we see Sanford Seay? Is he hurt or suspended?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I agree! He gives you way more than just talent and skill- he has heart, and you can coach that. He will be missed next year!
    He's also got really good hands. Do you really how many tough catches Hunter Lee has made over the last 3 or 4 years? (e.g., remember the TD cattch against Kansas last year?)

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

When the team is playing at a high level and improving from week to week - why not say positive things or "Love Fest" comments. I read all the time the negative crap on here from certain people all the time...with them never giving some positive encouragement when they play well. I was hoping last week was not a fluke - & boy it sure wasn't...I'm so impressed with our coaching staff that they know when you work with 17 - 19 year olds for your program to have success you have bring them along until they get into the coaches scheme. This can be seen with what our coach was doing in the 4th quarter by taking out the A team & using the reserves, the game was already won...this is crucial for the future of our team that they get game time experience to learn how to improve without undoing what the offence and defense have already accomplished...

Seeing formations I haven't seen since the 70's/80's, throwing to the tight end for a TD - wow are you kidding me ! It all has to do with how fast the team can comprehend all the different play schemes. I'm really excited with what has been accomplished so far and their establishing a good foundation to work from. From here on out there's no relaxing on the field no matter who the opponent. Uh - just ask Nebraska about McNeese State last week !

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    I was hoping HCSH would let Higgins run the same plays as Sokol but alas we called the dive play and quick pass to Henderson. Looked like last years offense. I am not complaining but I hope they open the playbook for Higgins when or if he plays again.
    The plays Higgins got to run might be a reflection of what the coaches thought would give him the best chance of success at this point in time. I think he's still a work in progress, but I think he's going to develop into a good QB. We saw much the same with Colby Cameron. I hope he gets a lot of playing time over the course of the year. When the light comes on, he could be just what the doctor ordered.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched the presser from last Monday. Holtz said he trusts Sokol to throw the ball to the middle of the field. He said if he doesn't trust his QB, he will not throw to the middle of the field very much because so much can go wrong there... it's a dangerous area. Telling.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Not to turn this in to a HL love fest thread, but I don't recall him missing many catchable passes. One last year, but they didn't give him the drop. The guy is a football player. Get the ball to him and good things happen. Dykes and Franklin igored him as a weapon in 2012 and Holtz/Peterson/whoever ignored him last year. Yes, we had receivers open last year.

Looks like Taylor is also that type player. We actually have another one on the defensive side of the ball in Michael Mims.
    100% good things happen when Hunter has bahe turns 2 yrds into 10 carrying people on back. I posted before game yesterday that NT has reputation for being hardnosed -- said wait til they meet Hunter --predicted big game for him and Sokol/

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I just watched the presser from last Monday. Holtz said he trusts Sokol to throw the ball to the middle of the field. He said if he doesn't trust his QB, he will not throw to the middle of the field very much because so much can go wrong there... it's a dangerous area. Telling.
    Throwing to the MIDDLE of the field has actually been a big part of LA Tech's offensive success so far this year. Especially against UNT. Yes, Dawg80's infamous and patented 1970's "Crossing Patterns" over the MIDDLE of the field were what finally broke the game open for us against UNT.

Last year, we just REFUSED to throw to the middle of the field, despite all the opportunities there.

IMO, it's safer for a QB to throw to the middle of the field than it is for him to throw a deep "Down and Out" pattern --or a "Flag" pattern. It takes a strong arm to throw those deep Down and Outs. This ain't the NFL.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Higgins is our starter next year, but that is for future discussion.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    When will we see Sanford Seay? Is he hurt or suspended?
    He played some in garbage time against UNT. I heard he has missed a good bit of practice time for some reason so maybe he is catching up learning the offense. Not sure exactly what is going on but I think he has the physical tools to be playing more.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    I don't think Higgins is our starter next year, but that is for future discussion.
    Not unless there is major improvement.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Was glad to see Taylor Burch get a couple of snaps. Guys that run the scout team all week (just an assumption) and get the heck beat out of them all week need to get at least one play. Keeping the Shirt on Wilson. Higgins will be okay next year. He's getting some much needed seasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Was glad to see Taylor Burch get a couple of snaps. Guys that run the scout team all week (just an assumption) and get the heck beat out of them all week need to get at least one play. Keeping the Shirt on Wilson. Higgins will be okay next year. He's getting some much needed seasoning.
    Neither Higgins or Burch acted like they knew what a football was. I thought they both looked pretty bad in relief of Sokol. I know it was garbage time, but both Higgins and Burch threw really bad passes on what was supposed to be "routine" sideline screens.

How does that happen? Is it just "game time jitters"? You'd like to think you can trust your 2ND team QB to throw a decent pass in that low pressure situation.

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

Burch getting a couple snaps tells me all I need to know about our qb situation last year. Yeah he didn't look to good, but the guy hasn't been on the team in 2 years.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Burch getting a couple snaps tells me all I need to know about our qb situation last year. Yeah he didn't look to good, but the guy hasn't been on the team in 2 years.
    You may be over analyzing this one. I don't think the move was anything other than a reward to Burch for hard work.

+ Reply to Thread