+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm here to take my licks

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

I'm here to take my licks

What can I say? That was the most poorly played game by a UNT team since I can't remember when. Our quarterbacks are an embarrassment. At least two QB scholarships should be pulled after this season, or sooner. The TD's we scored in the fourth qrtr. were in mop up duty with the game well out of hand. And the score does not reflect the total domination by LTU. At least we got to see our RS Freshman play. Well, I didn't see him. I left midway through the third quarter.

I think Louisiana Tech has the whole package this year and it would not surprise me to see you guys take the CUSA title this year. You have a QB, you have speed across the board, and you have a coach that knows what he's doing. In only his second season in Ruston.

Good luck the rest of the year!

DeepGreen

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I'm here to take my licks

You lost a ton of players, including your QB... it happens. (we know). Get a passing game and you will be tough to beat with that defense.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen View Post
    What can I say? That was the most poorly played game by a UNT team since I can't remember when. Our quarterbacks are an embarrassment. At least two QB scholarships should be pulled after this season, or sooner. The TD's we scored in the fourth qrtr. were in mop up duty with the game well out of hand. And the score does not reflect the total domination by LTU. At least we got to see our RS Freshman play. Well, I didn't see him. I left midway through the third quarter.

I think Louisiana Tech has the whole package this year and it would not surprise me to see you guys take the CUSA title this year. You have a QB, you have speed across the board, and you have a coach that knows what he's doing. In only his second season in Ruston.

DeepGreen
    MOST of us aren't going to talk any trash to you. We are naturally excited (and some of us -- shocked) about the way our team has played the last two games. Your young QB looks promising. Good luck the rest of the year.
    Last edited by Tech77; 09-12-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Yeah, the last QB in the game looked the best. The first guy playing missed at least 3 guys that were completely open for big gains.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Yeah, the last QB in the game looked the best. The first guy playing missed at least 3 guys that were completely open for big gains.
    I agree. DeepGreen, your young QB looked pretty good. He was more accurate with his passes. Hope the Mean Green does better the rest of the season. Good luck to you.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

DeepGreen
    Your team reminded me alot of our 2008 team under Dooley. It was very one-dimensional on offense. The good news is that it took us to a bowl game, the bad news is that it wasn't always fun to watch.

I think your defense is good enough to win you some games, but they were up against a team last night that is shaping up to have a special year.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

DeepGreen
    Thanks DeepGreen. You are one of the few that we will not talk trash too. We were there last year and are pleasantly surprised now. Best of luck to your team the rest of the year!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Of course I'll always talk trash to you DG, but you know its just in good fun.

I've been to hundreds of football games in my life, but I want you to know that the UNT people I came in contact with yesterday were some of the nicest people I ever encountered at a sporting event. From your ticket collectors to the concessions people to the security guys....everyone was FANTASTIC!! I've never quite seen anything like it. So I want to say THANK YOU.

BTW, your band was great, and your stadium is beautiful. It was my first time in there. 17K in that stadium honestly sounded like 35K to me.

All this to say, I know we rib each other a lot, but at the end of the day I was very impressed with UNT's facilities and its' people. Don't worry...your defense will still win you a lot of games. Yes, Sokol finally cracked the code by the 2nd quarter, but your defense is still very, very, solid.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 09-12-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

It's hard for a defense to play lights out 4 quarters with ZERO support. Y'all's defense was very fast and aggressive. Offense, well, I won't comment on that :-)

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks DG. Classy post.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

DeepGreen
    looking forward to future games. Truth is older Tech folks see ULL as our biggest rival ( 100 yrs-86 games) younger folks see NT as bigger Rival , which makes sense because of CUSA. Either way, we played almost perfect last 2 weeks -- 90 points , our 8 losses last yr we only scored 110. What i saw last nite was a fan base that did not bail out at first sign of trouble, ULL bailed out at first sign of trouble --

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Your defense is a championship quality D. But, no D can stand for four quarters with an offense that is a three-and-out machine.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Isn't it amazing how the qb position determines so much of a football team's success? Having a bad qb can make a team unwatchable at times.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Isn't it amazing how the qb position determines so much of a football team's success? Having a bad qb can make a team unwatchable at times.
    Definitely. All the difference in the world.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Of course I'll always talk trash to you DG, but you know its just in good fun.

I've been to hundreds of football games in my life, but I want you to know that the UNT people I came in contact with yesterday were some of the nicest people I ever encountered at a sporting event. From your ticket collectors to the concessions people to the security guys....everyone was FANTASTIC!! I've never quite seen anything like it. So I want to say THANK YOU.

BTW, your band was great, and your stadium is beautiful. It was my first time in there. 17K in that stadium honestly sounded like 35K to me.

All this to say, I know we rib each other a lot, but at the end of the day I was very impressed with UNT's facilities and its' people. Don't worry...your defense will still win you a lot of games. Yes, Sokol finally cracked the code by the 2nd quarter, but your defense is still very, very, solid.

HD's been hacked!

+ Reply to Thread