+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Conf Sunbelt Looking ahead!

Always nice to relish in some success, but let’s look ahead!
    The game against Northwestern at home will be welcomed and a fun game for all fans to enjoy!
    It will be the following game and the ones to follow that will determine this year’s team…
    Although Auburn is in the same class as OU, I don’t expect the same results as the OU domination of the Bulldogs!
    Coach D…, has the defense coming together and Coach H… seems to have the offence jelling nicely…
    Will our confidence continue as we take on Auburn, will Auburn take us for Granit, could there be an up-set in the making or a great showing from our Bulldogs?
    The learning process should be over by now and execution should be the focus from now on…
    Leaders are stepping up and the process of finding out what works and what does not is being addressed.
    Maybe I am just drifting in a fantasy world here and hopefully someone can bring me back down from cloud 9 that I am rideing on right now!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Looking ahead!

Oops, going to need a moderater to fix my title.. didn't think I had one!

Varsity Bulldog rmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of light

Looking ahead, we have the following games left:

vs Northwestern State - should be an easy W at home after 3 straight road games to open the season (3-1)
    @ Auburn - won't be good. Agree that they won't dominate as bad as OU did, but the final score may not show that. (3-2)
    vs UTEP - UTEP appears to be improved from last year but I still believe we will win by 14 or so (4-2)
    BYE - Although we don't play, this may be the biggest week of the season with UTSA coming into town the following week.
    vs UTSA - Could see the game going either way, but since we will be coming off a bye, I'll say dawgs win (5-2)
    @ Southern Miss - Dawgs should win (6-2)
    vs Western Kentucky - I have a feeling we will lose to either WKU or UAB...I'll say WKU for now (6-3)
    @ UAB - tough road game, but since I said we'll loose to WKU above, Ill say we pull this one out (7-3)
    BYE
    @ Old Dominion - Should be a dawgs win, although ODU isn't bad. (8-3)
    vs Rice - Could see the game going either way, but since I have us @ (5-1) in conference play and the L is to an Eastern team, we will hold all tie breakers in the West and play in the conference championship with a W vs Rice so we pull this one out for a 9-3 regular season and go to the conference championship where we redeem ourselves agains WKU!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rmc020 View Post

vs Northwestern State - should be an easy W at home after 3 straight road games to open the season (3-1)
    @ Auburn - won't be good. Agree that they won't dominate as bad as OU did, but the final score may not show that. (3-2)
    vs UTEP - UTEP appears to be improved from last year but I still believe we will win by 14 or so (4-2)
    BYE - Although we don't play, this may be the biggest week of the season with UTSA coming into town the following week.
    vs UTSA - Could see the game going either way, but since we will be coming off a bye, I'll say dawgs win (5-2)
    vs Western Kentucky - I have a feeling we will lose to either WKU or UAB...I'll say WKU for now (6-3)
    @ UAB - tough road game, but since I said we'll loose to WKU above, Ill say we pull this one out (7-3)
    BYE
    vs Rice - Could see the game going either way, but since I have us @ (5-1) in conference play and the L is to an Eastern team, we will hold all tie breakers in the West and play in the conference championship with a W vs Rice so we pull this one out for a 9-3 regular season and go to the conference championship where we redeem ourselves agains WKU!
    I would take that right now. I think we beat northwestern, lose to auburn and will know a lot more about the rest of the schedule after those two games. A lot of the teams are looking pretty salty. UTEP, UTSA, WKU, UAB, ODU, Rice will all be challenges. I think we should at least win half and get to a bowl game.

Varsity Bulldog Captain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to behold Captain Rowdy's Avatar

NSU should be a great home-opener and lots of fun to watch as long as we dont start to get a big head.

Auburn will still probably put it on us, but if Sokol & Co. can get over the shaky starts and come out slinging we may be able to keep it close.

After that, if we stay healthy winning CUSA is a real possibility. Lose a few key guys and we're right back where we were.

We've come a long way from last season, but there are still miles to go. Defense and Special Teams have given the Offense a lot of breathing room in the last 2 weeks, and a few lucky breaks have helped as well. I want to see how this team responds to some adversity before I start marinating my crow, but for now I've upgrade my disposition from apathetic to optimistic.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

http://nsudemons.proboards.com/

Commence to poking a possum with a stick.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    http://nsudemons.proboards.com/

Commence to poking a possum with a stick.
    I LOLed at your comment, and I admit, I was one and proud of it.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Our tendency to start slow will hurt us against balanced quality opponents. I think we are light years ahead of where we were last year, but we ain't there yet. If we don't get started on offense until mid to late 2nd quarter against Auburn, I have a feeling they won't return the favor. We will be facing a Malzhan run offense, and it won't be easy to contain.
    NWST should be a game that our starters play a half then get the 2's some game experience.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Auburn is going to beat us 2,354-3. Besides that I don't think we should lose another game unless we screw it up.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

IDK about that but I think they win. I just hope we come away from it injury free.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

I hope we don't have any key injuries against Auburn, that's what worries me most about that matchup....Though I do have to ask rmc020 (is that your tech username), why do you think that WKU will take down Marshall?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Come on people. In all the years of posting on this board, I can't believe maddawg hasn't taught y'all that we can't focus on all these games at once. The only game that counts is the next one. We can't risk losing it by talking about all these other games. STAY FOCUSED

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

I think we lose 2 more games. Auburn will destroy us, and either a loss to UTSA or WKU.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmc020 View Post

BYE
    I think that's a very reasonable expectation now. My only real difference is that I think we will beat UTEP badly. They have the same problem UNT has.....they are one dimensional offense. For UTEP it's all about the "run" game. With Jamielle Showers at QB, UTEP has no passing game whatsoever.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I think Dixon will run wild against the Demons the short time he gets to play.

+ Reply to Thread