+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adrian Peterson in Bad Trouble

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Adrian Peterson in Bad Trouble

My mom would be under the jail with all the peach tree limbs that were used on my legs. THat is a mountain out of a mole hill and part of the society we live in today. Honestly, I never did that to my child and I think I only used a belt once. Obviously my child was MUCH LESS TROUBLE than I was to my parents.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

According to some reports I heard it wasn't just one small bruise. The child had multiple cuts from butt down to lower calf area. I would think that was probably excessive switching to say the least. I spank my kids when necessary, but have never used anything but my hand.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    According to some reports I heard it wasn't just one small bruise. The child had multiple cuts from butt down to lower calf area. I would think that was probably excessive switching to say the least. I spank my kids when necessary, but have never used anything but my hand.
    It is not. It is several lacerations. The pictures out there were taken a week after the incident and there is still deep bruising, scratches, and some scabs.
    http://deadspin.com/report-adrian-pe...ase-1634160368

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

From what I have heard (and I have not followed this closely) the kid is only 3 years old, and he hit him 15 times. I'm not opposed to spanking kids, but that is probably a little much.

Peterson said that he wants his kids to have discipline, and I agree that kids need boundaries, but spanking them is only one piece of the puzzle. The dad needs to be in the kid's life to help establish those boundaries, and since Adrian had six or seven kids with six or seven women, he isn't in this kid's life enough to truly be viewed as a father figure by the child. Being a dad doesn't mean showing up every now and then and spanking a kid (no matter how harshly). Of course, none of that will be addressed in court.

If Peterson had tried his hardest, he could not have picked a worse time for this to be made public. I know he didn't choose this, but the timing is as bad as it could have ever been.

+ Reply to Thread