+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU-Shreveport Updates (September 2014)

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LSU-Shreveport Updates (September 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Did you really just say that?
    Charting dangerous waters there...

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Did you really just say that?
    Sold me with the "under me" part.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Might be a good thing if someone would accurately point out to the stakeholders just how poorly LSU is following through with their promises and plans.
    Here is a small section of an article I am composing where I compare what was promised in the LSU Shreveport Commitment Plan and what was delivered. This section focuses on the LSUS Honors College (actually the Honors Program).

5. A Commitment to Student Academic Achievement

Honors College and Honors Courses

What was promised?

From the LSU Shreveport Commitment Plan: To enhance the advanced scholarship and service for students, honors courses will be available to all students in every major discipline. The courses will include a wide selection of lower and upper division class offerings, with a particular focus on developing strong writing skills.
    What actually happened?

While an LSU-S "Honors College" was not created, an Honors Program was founded in 2012. The LSU Shreveport School of Humanities and Social Sciences Honors Program was approved on June 27, 2012 for the Fall 2012 semester. The Honors Program and classes started during the Fall 2012 semester.

While the LSU Shreveport Commitment Plan mentions that “honors courses will be available to all students in every major discipline”, the actual program curriculum says otherwise. In order to take the HONR 101 (Honors Colloquium I) course, a student must first be accepted into the Honors Program. This means that the Honors Courses are only offered to those students who are in the Honors Program instead of all students at LSU-Shreveport.

New students who wish to enter the Honors Program must qualify for a guaranteed scholarship at LSU-S (Louisiana, Red River, and Shreveport Scholarships) or have “a minimum ACT of 24 and an unweighted high school GPA of 3.00”.

Continuing LSU-Shreveport students who wish to enter the Honors Program must:

1. Have a minimum 3.25 GPA from LSUS,

2. Complete at least 15 hours per semester after the first freshman semester,

3. Have completed less than 75 hours, and

4. Have a letter of recommendation from a full-time LSUS faculty member with whom they are currently studying

Even if a student qualifies for the Honors Program, they “may be wait-listed” according to LSU-Shreveport, because there are only fifteen (15) student slots available in each class.

As for the “wide selection of lower and upper division class offerings”, there are four 100/200 (lower division) class offerings and two 300/400 (upper division) class offerings available right now in the Honors Program.

In a nutshell...

An Honors Program was founded at LSU-Shreveport in 2012. However, Honors Classes are only available to those who are admitted into the Honors Program; students may not qualify based on factors like GPA, ACT scores, and semester hours completed; students who do qualify may be "wait-listed" since each class size is limited to fifteen students; and the LSU System considers six classes to be a "wide selection".

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

I look forward to reading your article.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Here is a small section of an article I am composing where I compare what was promised in the LSU Shreveport Commitment Plan and what was delivered. This section focuses on the LSUS Honors College (actually the Honors Program).

5. A Commitment to Student Academic Achievement

Honors College and Honors Courses

What was promised?

What actually happened?

While an LSU-S "Honors College" was not created, an Honors Program was founded in 2012. The LSU Shreveport School of Humanities and Social Sciences Honors Program was approved on June 27, 2012 for the Fall 2012 semester. The Honors Program and classes started during the Fall 2012 semester.

While the LSU Shreveport Commitment Plan mentions that “honors courses will be available to all students in every major discipline”, the actual program curriculum says otherwise. In order to take the HONR 101 (Honors Colloquium I) course, a student must first be accepted into the Honors Program. This means that the Honors Courses are only offered to those students who are in the Honors Program instead of all students at LSU-Shreveport.

New students who wish to enter the Honors Program must qualify for a guaranteed scholarship at LSU-S (Louisiana, Red River, and Shreveport Scholarships) or have “a minimum ACT of 24 and an unweighted high school GPA of 3.00”.

Continuing LSU-Shreveport students who wish to enter the Honors Program must:

1. Have a minimum 3.25 GPA from LSUS,

2. Complete at least 15 hours per semester after the first freshman semester,

3. Have completed less than 75 hours, and

4. Have a letter of recommendation from a full-time LSUS faculty member with whom they are currently studying

Even if a student qualifies for the Honors Program, they “may be wait-listed” according to LSU-Shreveport, because there are only fifteen (15) student slots available in each class.

As for the “wide selection of lower and upper division class offerings”, there are four 100/200 (lower division) class offerings and two 300/400 (upper division) class offerings available right now in the Honors Program.

In a nutshell...

An Honors Program was founded at LSU-Shreveport in 2012. However, Honors Classes are only available to those who are admitted into the Honors Program; students may not qualify based on factors like GPA, ACT scores, and semester hours completed; students who do qualify may be "wait-listed" since each class size is limited to fifteen students; and the LSU System considers six classes to be a "wide selection".
    TechAlum05,

I'm the first to agree that the LSUS fiasco from a couple of years ago was a terrible thing for Shreveport and I agree that the clowns at LSUS who fought for this are getting what they deserved. But, I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone broke a promise here. I will admit that I have never worked in higher education, so maybe I just don't know the details.

To me an honors program inherently can't be open to everyone. It has to have some kind of qualification standards in order to be called an honors program. If there are no standards, and it is truly open to "all students in every major discipline," then it isn't really an honors program, but just another course being offered. I guess they are guilty of using stupid wording in their original promise, but I'm pretty sure every university has some kind of prerequisites for an honors program.

I hope Tech is able to really grow in Shreveport/Bossier, because it will be a mutually beneficial relationship.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The program is closed. But the courses that make up the program are supposed to be open to everyone.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    TechAlum05,

I'm the first to agree that the LSUS fiasco from a couple of years ago was a terrible thing for Shreveport and I agree that the clowns at LSUS who fought for this are getting what they deserved. But, I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone broke a promise here. I will admit that I have never worked in higher education, so maybe I just don't know the details.

To me an honors program inherently can't be open to everyone. It has to have some kind of qualification standards in order to be called an honors program. If there are no standards, and it is truly open to "all students in every major discipline," then it isn't really an honors program, but just another course being offered. I guess they are guilty of using stupid wording in their original promise, but I'm pretty sure every university has some kind of prerequisites for an honors program.

I hope Tech is able to really grow in Shreveport/Bossier, because it will be a mutually beneficial relationship.
    When the Commitment Plan was first announced early in 2012, some of us knew that the "honors program" couldn't be open to everyone. You're correct in that an honors program inherently can't be open to everyone and it has to have some qualifications or standards for students to meet.

I don't know if this is a case of stupid wording in the original promise (incompetence, which is plausible) or an outright lie by the LSU System people (which is also plausible). Either way, this is an example of the LSU System not fulfilling a promise they made with they created the LSU Shreveport Commitment Plan. To me, this is a case of a broken promise since the LSU System and LSU-S people didn't deliver on the stated promise in the plan either by incompetence or outright lying.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    The program is closed. But the courses that make up the program are supposed to be open to everyone.
    According to the LSU-S website, the Honors Program is still operating this fall quarter. This would be the first I've heard of the program being closed.

http://www.lsus.edu/news-and-events/...emester-strong

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

According to the LSU-S website, the Honors Program is still operating this fall quarter. This would be the first I've heard of the program being closed.

http://www.lsus.edu/news-and-events/...emester-strong
    I meant it as selective, not shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I meant it as selective, not shut down.
    Okay. I was confused for a second.

Okay. I was confused for a second.
    I tend to do that to people. Sorry.

LSU-Shreveport seems to be quietly ended the LSU degree program in Construction Management (one of the LSU-BR degrees included in the Commitment Plan).

The first picture is a snip of the old LSUS front page around June 2014. The second picture is a snip of the current LSUS front page as of two minutes ago.

LSUS 2014-10-03 Old Front Page.jpgLSUS 2014-10-03 New Front Page.PNG

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

LSU-Shreveport seems to be quietly ended the LSU degree program in Construction Management (one of the LSU-BR degrees included in the Commitment Plan).

The first picture is a snip of the old LSUS front page around June 2014. The second picture is a snip of the current LSUS front page as of two minutes ago.

Attachment 11842Attachment 11843
    It kills me with how blatant they are about the colors! They should just go ahead and change their mascot to a tiger. This is idiotic. Wonder how it feels to be a Pilot athlete.

Confusion of the facts is the oldest and still proven to be the most effective strategy of politics.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It kills me with how blatant they are about the colors! They should just go ahead and change their mascot to a tiger. This is idiotic. Wonder how it feels to be a Pilot athlete.

Confusion of the facts is the oldest and still proven to be the most effective strategy of politics.
    I agree 100% And liberal educators are some of the worse. But the award to the true evil "Masters of Deception" goes to.......you know who.

Global warming to Climate Change
    Abortion to Right to Choose
    Al Qaeda to ISIL, Khorasan Group and many more
    Liberal to Progressive
    Any facts on economic numbers; unemployment, welfare or national debt to whatever comes out of their mouth
    Terrorism in America to "Work Place Violence"
    Obama Care to Affordable Care Act
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 10-04-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

All the the lsu-x schools changed there colors & logo

+ Reply to Thread