+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Memories of NSU Games Past

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

LaTech Memories of NSU Games Past

Regardless of whether this game qualifies as a "rivalry," it is a game that has been played many times and a lot of Tech grads of all ages have good (and maybe a few bad) memories of State Fair games. So, let's hear some of the stories in this thread.

I remember going to several State Fair games with my parents (both Tech grads) while I was growing up. We went to the last game in 1987, but I turned 15 in '87, so I couldn't take part in some of the tailgating activities.

Here is a great blog post by Nico Van Thyn about the 1968 game, which featured the Bradshaw to Liberto pass. Great writing, as always. My dad took my mom on a date to the 1968 game. Mr. Van Thyn mentions video of the play. Does anyone know if that video still exists? Having things like that on our official athletics website would be cool.

If we have any NSU grads who visit the board, maybe they will share a few stories too.

http://nvanthyn.blogspot.com/2012/10...ds-td-013.html

Edit: Some of the comments under the blog are great too.
    Last edited by StrayDawg; 09-17-2014 at 03:20 AM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Memories of NSU Games Past

Puhleeeze....

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Puhleeeze....
    Girlfriend dumped you at the State Fair game and you don't want to talk about it, huh?

Just like some of us have good stories to tell about going to the Alabama games, the Ok. State game, etc. some people here have good stories about the old NSU games and I like hearing them. The story that Van Thyn wrote is excellent.

Take your old grumpy ass somewhere else if you don't have anything to say.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Monsoon game where Tech won 5-0. Very few fans in the second half. Us stat guys basically guessed at the yard marker where the ball was.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Monsoon game where Tech won 5-0. Very few fans in the second half. Us stat guys basically guessed at the yard marker where the ball was.
    I remember that game - 84?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread