+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Schools Going to Free Radio Streaming For Their Fans....

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Thumbs Up More Schools Going to Free Radio Streaming For Their Fans....

http://www.insideradio.com/Article.a...1#.U_4wFaNu7k8

“By having 64 IMG College schools on TuneIn, each with their own 24/7 channel, we make it easy for fans to connect with their favorite teams and hometown announcers, and provide listeners with free, team specific programming from wherever they may be in the world,”
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: More Schools Going to Free Radio Streaming For Their Fans....

The more I learn, the more I think we are getting the shaft with Learfield.

Puppy oldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her gameoldbird is on top of his/her game

I had to listen to the North Texas Radio crew while in Florida last week. Glad they were streaming.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

I don't understand how anyone thought charging for streaming a radio broadcast (that would be free if the person lived in the local area) would help build the fan base. Provide free audio streaming, then -- after they are "hooked" -- they'll be more likely to pay for video access. Why penalize the portion of the fanbase who lives outside the area?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    I don't understand how anyone thought charging for streaming a radio broadcast (that would be free if the person lived in the local area) would help build the fan base. Provide free audio streaming, then -- after they are "hooked" -- they'll be more likely to pay for video access. Why penalize the portion of the fanbase who lives outside the area?
    Good post. I agree.

It honestly makes you wonder, "what are they thinking when they make decisions like this?"

Bulldog dawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the rough

i had to as well. why is tech making it hard for those of us? would love to listen to the game this weekend

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1992 View Post
    i had to as well. why is tech making it hard for those of us? would love to listen to the game this weekend
    All I can say is ask our President and AD -

If IMG is offering this to their schools - Learfield may already have it and if they don't they won't be far behind...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I've complained about this for years. I've learned to live with it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What works for other schools across the country doesn't work for us. Don't you guys know that???

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Don't get it either.

Since we are broadcasted online, our audience is increased, so shouldn't we charge more for radio sponsorships? Or sell separate internet only radio sponsorships? That makes more sense than charging the listener.

Here's the other thing, when they started this, listening via internet was probably something out of towners did. Today, I don't own a radio unless its in the car. So I can't listen to an away bball game in my house. Locals are just as likely to listen online with a phone, tablet or laptop than somebody in Oregon.

This policy never made any sense. Certainly doesn't make sense now.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

I've searched on TuneIn the last couple of Saturdays trying to find our game with no luck. I did find stations for Rice, UTEP, Southern Miss, UAB, & Western Kentucky. I guess when we play them I'll be able to listen but in this day and age there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to listen to a free to air broadcast no matter where I live.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Guys,

I don't get all the bitching about All Access, its ten bucks a freaking month and you get Football, M&W Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, etc. We brag about the average wage of Tech graduates and I have heard little but bitching about this ten bucks a month. If you join the CBS version, which I think is fifteen bucks a month, you can even watch some of the away games.

Just crazy to me.

TB

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    I've searched on TuneIn the last couple of Saturdays trying to find our game with no luck. I did find stations for Rice, UTEP, Southern Miss, UAB, & Western Kentucky. I guess when we play them I'll be able to listen but in this day and age there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to listen to a free to air broadcast no matter where I live.
    I searched week 1 and OU blocked online streaming too. Was really disappointed in that.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    The more I learn, the more I think we are getting the shaft with Learfield.
    The University sold the media rights to our athletic program to the Louisiana Tech Foundation for $200,000 annually. The Foundation in turn sold those rights to Learfield for I believe $600,000 annually. Learfield thus is doing everything they can to sell the program in any possible way to produce income that offsets that cost and provide some profit therefore thats probably why they charge.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    Guys,

I don't get all the bitching about All Access, its ten bucks a freaking month and you get Football, M&W Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, etc. We brag about the average wage of Tech graduates and I have heard little but bitching about this ten bucks a month. If you join the CBS version, which I think is fifteen bucks a month, you can even watch some of the away games.

Just crazy to me.

TB
    The point is we should not have to pay for a radio broadcast. I'm fine with paying for video. If I get a good enough service I will pay that. Heck I might pay $15 a game for that. But it is the idea that all these companies charge for audio only is just a bad business practice. I won't let my fan hood justify this gouging of our fan base so I will not pay to listen to radio.

+ Reply to Thread