+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More Schools Going to Free Radio Streaming For Their Fans....

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: More Schools Going to Free Radio Streaming For Their Fans....

Big brother charges 6 bucks a month for radio, video and a bunch of other stuff

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    So . . . . when is our video board gonna be paid off? Isn't that what thi$ is all about?
    It might be if they would make tho$e figure$ public. Until then, I call B$ on any excuse given that claim$, "we need the money".

Our guy started rumors last year saying we sold out all of our ad spots on the video board and radio spots.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It might be if they would make tho$e figure$ public. Until then, I call B$ on any excuse given that claim$, "we need the money".

Our guy started rumors last year saying we sold out all of our ad spots on the video board and radio spots.
    True on all accounts, but when will the video board be paid for?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Not sure what that has to do with charging for what should be free audio, but rumor has it that our new board in the TAC was enabled because much of the JAS board money freed up after its 5th year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

How much is still owed on it? I don't know that I've seen any info on this.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

We've got 4 more years with Learfield, so unless they change their policy, expect to pay for online audio

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...072808aaa.html

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    No, you missed the point. All LA Tech fans --regardless of where they live-- should NOT have to pay anybody to receive audio broadcasts of our athletic contests. That's absurd. Radio broadcasts are free to the locals, and those same broadcasts should be streamed over the internet for free for our out-of-state fans.

Most SEC schools built their large fan bases back in the day by broadcasting their games for FREE on the radio. And they STILL DO!!! Yet LA Tech wants to charge non-local fans for same. That's not how you build a fan base.

Again, you missed the point (I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you). I don't like the fact that the audio feed is pay only, however, you get a ton of other content on all access and it is only ten bucks a month. My initial post was about the cost versus the gain of all access. For a guy that live 1200 miles from Ruston, its a nice option.

TB

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    We've got 4 more years with Learfield, so unless they change their policy, expect to pay for online audio

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...072808aaa.html
    Paying for audio is not a Learfield thing, it is an Ellenburger thing.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    Again, you missed the point (I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you). I don't like the fact that the audio feed is pay only, however, you get a ton of other content on all access and it is only ten bucks a month. My initial post was about the cost versus the gain of all access. For a guy that live 1200 miles from Ruston, its a nice option.

TB
    It's not about the $10 per month YOU pay, Einstein. I know you will find this hard to believe, but it's really NOT ABOUT YOU! It's about building a fan base thru the use of free media. How are we going to pick up new fans in south Louisiana or East Texas if they can't access the football games for free.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post

TB
    A ton of other content that people care about? Like coaches' radio shows that should also be free and are replayed a couple days later on CST? Or the weekly press conferences that we get to watch for free a few hours later on YouTube?

LaTech All-Access only had video rights to:
    - one (1) Tech football game in 2011 (SJSU at home)
    - zero (0) Tech football games in 2012 (none)
    - one (1) Tech football game in 2013 (Lamar at home)
    - one (1) Tech football game in 2014 (NWST at home)

That's only three home football games in four years on All-Access, and I attended all three of them. That is not "a ton of other content" to justify paying for an All-Access subscription during football season, especially for the fans who attended those few games. We are punished for attending games by not being able to get free audio. I wanted to hear an apology from Skippy after our embarrassing loss to NWST, but the 107.5 audio was blocked on the iPhone app. By the time I made it back to the car radio, Skip's interview was already over. I didn't get to hear what Skip said to Dave and Teddy after the game, yet I paid whatever it was for season tickets, LTAC, concessions, half tank of gas, and everything else that goes in to attending a Tech football game. I would have also liked to have listened to Dave and Teddy and their post-game interview with Skip after leaving the ULL and UNT games, but listening to the ULL and UNT radio guys sufficed. At UNT, they even blasted McCarney's post-game interview over their stadium speakers so we could hear walking back to the parking lot.

I canceled my Some-Access subscription a few years ago because it was so crappy, but I purchased the C-USA Digital Network subscription ($15/month) for two months last year (mid-January to mid-March) so I could watch some basketball games (mainly the road games). This coming season, I may not have to purchase the CUSADN because it appears the ASN will be televising most of the games that would've only been available through an All-Access subscription before this upcoming season.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 09-23-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Paying for audio is not a Learfield thing, it is an Ellenburger thing.
    So . . . Ellenberger, who works for Learfield, is helping pay for The Joe video board with proceeds from the CBS Sports web service, along with ads, game program sales, Signage, radio sponsorships, etc., before he takes out Learfield profits? Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    A ton of other content that people care about? Like coaches' radio shows that should also be free and are replayed a couple days later on CST? Or the weekly press conferences that we get to watch for free a few hours later on YouTube?

LaTech All-Access only had video rights to:
    - one (1) Tech football game in 2011 (SJSU at home)
    - zero (0) Tech football games in 2012 (none)
    - one (1) Tech football game in 2013 (Lamar at home)
    - one (1) Tech football game in 2014 (NWST at home)

That's only three home football games in four years on All-Access. That is not "a ton of other content" to justify paying for an All-Access subscription during football season, especially for the fans who attended those few games. We are punished for attending games by not being able to get free audio. I wanted to hear an apology from Skippy after our embarrassing loss to NWST, but the 107.5 audio was blocked on the iPhone app. By the time I made it back to the car radio, Skip's interview was already over. I have no idea what Skip said to Dave and Teddy after the game.

I cancelled my Some-Access subscription a few years ago because it was so crappy, but I purchased the C-USA Digital Network subscription for two months last year (mid-January to mid-March) so I could watch some basketball games (mainly the road games). This coming season, I may not have to purchase the CUSADN because it appears the ASN will be televising most of the games that would've only been available through an All-Access subscription before this upcoming season.
    For what it's worth All-Access will be worth it this year in Bulldog Basketball. Maybe womens basketball. Maybe Bulldog baseball.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

For what it's worth All-Access will be worth it this year in Bulldog Basketball. Maybe womens basketball. Maybe Bulldog baseball.
    I'll do my best to make most of the home games, but I think most, if not all, of our C-USA games will be televised now thanks to the ASN and thus not available on All-Access. I don't know. We'll see. But I'm certainly not paying to watch basketball during football season.

ASN is the one pushing Cox?
    I think we're SOL in Monroe/Shreveport Comcast on that.
    Hope they can get some of the local digital channels to pick it up.

ASN is the one pushing Cox?
    I think we're SOL in Monroe/Shreveport Comcast on that.
    Hope they can get some of the local digital channels to pick it up.
    IDK. My guess is C-USA pushed Sinclair to find an affiliate(s) in Louisiana, and Sinclair struck a deal with CST. At least in Shreveport we have Rotolo's and friends in Bossier.

+ Reply to Thread