+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cigar aficionados

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Cigar aficionados

Any cigar gurus here? Need some guidance.

Bulldog dawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Cigar aficionados

yes sir. what guidance do you seek?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

We hold the wisdom passed down from the Elders before us.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Don't smoke the same brand that Slick Willy does.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

On Saturday I will have (as options, probably won't smoke all):

Tatuaje Serie P
    Tatuaje Ambos Mundos Habano
    Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Maduro
    Vallejuelo Robusto Gordo Habano

And several tins of pipe tobacco.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Have some biz associates from Panama coming in a few weeks. Both enjoy cigars. I assume they can get Cubans, so I want to give them a gift of cigars they won't be disappointed with. I know nothing about it, so.....

Brand name(s)?

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Have some biz associates from Panama coming in a few weeks. Both enjoy cigars. I assume they can get Cubans, so I want to give them a gift of cigars they won't be disappointed with. I know nothing about it, so.....

Brand name(s)?

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    In that case, I would give Friday Ellis down at Governor's in Monroe a call. He's extremely knowledgeable about different areas and will almost certainly be able to help you

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

D80,

Rather than buying someone from Panama cigars (that is like buying an Eskimo salmon), why don't you find them something local that would go well with a cigar, such as an aperitif???? There are just too many types of cigars, nationalities, sizes/rings, degree of strength, etc..... I personally like a Portifino, but also smoke Undercrown's or Nica Bustica's.... all from Domincan. However, while I was in Panama, I had access to all of the Monte Cristo's or Cohiba's I could buy! Unless you are headed to Canada or Mexico in the next week or have a source for a good Cuban, you should should try to buy them something local to the USA..... in my humble opinion!

A good Port or a Brandy always goes nice with a 'gar!!!! They should be bringing you the cigars and you should provide the rest of the fare!

Besides isn't Panama where the virgins roll cigars on their thighs??????? :icon_wink:

DFiH

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    D80,

Rather than buying someone from Panama cigars (that is like buying an Eskimo salmon), why don't you find them something local that would go well with a cigar, such as an aperitif???? There are just too many types of cigars, nationalities, sizes/rings, degree of strength, etc..... I personally like a Portifino, but also smoke Undercrown's or Nica Bustica's.... all from Domincan. However, while I was in Panama, I had access to all of the Monte Cristo's or Cohiba's I could buy! Unless you are headed to Canada or Mexico in the next week or have a source for a good Cuban, you should should try to buy them something local to the USA..... in my humble opinion!

A good Port or a Brandy always goes nice with a 'gar!!!! They should be bringing you the cigars and you should provide the rest of the fare!

Besides isn't Panama where the virgins roll cigars on their thighs??????? :icon_wink:

DFiH
    I would pay to watch that....

Good advice. Have thought of that, but wasn't sure exactly what to get 'em. Yeah, we'll do the obligatory meat pie thingy for lunch one day.

Back to the 'gars....is there a brand that maybe they wouldn't have access to, that might intrique them to try? I do plan to gift them with other stuff, but thought it would be a nice gesture to give them 'gars new to them. I am told, but another biz associate, these fellows like to sample all brands of 'gars. Like wine experts enjoy the experience of tasting wines they haven't had before.

Thanks.

BTW, I am not a smoker, of any kind, myself.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I'm kinda partial to these around the campfire:backwwods.jpg
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

On a more serious note you may see if you can get some of the 1 yr old hand rolled form that place down in NO...it's on Decatur from Cigar Factory in New Orleans. It was very nice..as were the others I sampled, frequently: http://www.cigarfactoryneworleans.com/dev/
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Thanks! heading to NO this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread