+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not only

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Not only

I enjoyed their band, except for when they started blaring before our alma mater was finished at end of the game. I hope that was just a mistake on their part.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    That is terrible.

We did send a pep band to ULL. Three days is not enough time to plan a trip for 150+ students and staff (and trimmings). BoP also wasn't given the money for more than a pep band. I'd wager there was no plan or thought of sending the band until too late. However, NSU had plenty of time to prepare to bring their band.
    The contract for the oohlala game was signed in 2010. We had 4 years to plan a trip for 150 plus students and staff and trimmings.

Puppy DemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I enjoyed their band, except for when they started blaring before our alma mater was finished at end of the game. I hope that was just a mistake on their part.
    It was not intentional. I can't speak on behalf of the band as I'm just an alumni but I can assure you the "SoN" represents the university well and with class and they would not have done anything like that on purpose.

That was only my 2nd time on the LaTech compus and my first time at a game. You guys have a great thing going up there, a great atmosphere, lots of fans and not a bad seat in the house. I've always admired how loyal your students and are alumni when supporting Tech. IMO, that's a huge reason why you guys have had the success you've managed to have over the past 30 years, both athletically and academically.

NSU is just a "poor teachers and nurses" school and we'll never be able to turn the corner until our students and alumni get behind the university 100%.

Good luck next weekend against Auburn! I LOATHE the SEC!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DemonBand View Post
    It was not intentional. I can't speak on behalf of the band as I'm just an alumni but I can assure you the "SoN" represents the university well and with class and they would not have done anything like that on purpose.

That was only my 2nd time on the LaTech compus and my first time at a game. You guys have a great thing going up there, a great atmosphere, lots of fans and not a bad seat in the house. I've always admired how loyal your students and are alumni when supporting Tech. IMO, that's a huge reason why you guys have had the success you've managed to have over the past 30 years, both athletically and academically.

NSU is just a "poor teachers and nurses" school and we'll never be able to turn the corner until our students and alumni get behind the university 100%.

Good luck next weekend against Auburn! I LOATHE the SEC!
    I thought the performance was fantastic. It did irk me a little that we allowed that in our home stadium, to pump up the opposing team. Again, no disrespect (I loved the band!) but I'm not sure it was a good idea.

Puppy DemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really nice

Which aspect? Just speaking from experience, but I've never heard of universities regulating what the visiting band is able to performance unless there is some sort of special halftime presentation that eats up time and would require them to play an abridged show.

Again, the post-game was not intentional.

EDIT: I'm not one of those "know it all" fans...I really wasn't even gonna go to the game and didn't decide to leave until around 1:30 yesterday because I honestly thought Tech would beat us by 4 - 5 TDs and I didn't think it was worth making the drive "just to see the band".

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

There band was great. Our announcer sux as does our bush league use of Dawgzilla.
    Coach Snyder's (KSU) 3 keys to victory are special teams, turnovers and penalties. Must win at least 2 and we lost ALL 3 - that simple.

5 give aways, 9 penalties with (3) negating scores, a muffed punt on our 15 yd line. It was the perfect storm BUT we created it.

Lastly fire works to celebrate the loss.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    5 give aways, 9 penalties with (3) negating scores, a muffed punt on our 15 yd line. It was the perfect storm BUT we created it. Lastly fire works to celebrate the loss.
    And a dropped wide open touchdown pass by the same guy who cannot decide whether or not to return a kickoff out of the endzone, plus a WR QUITTING on his route leading to an INT,...

This "W" was GIVEN AWAY due to sloppy, undisciplined, careless effort by Louisiana Tech players.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Which aspect? Just speaking from experience, but I've never heard of universities regulating what the visiting band is able to performance unless there is some sort of special halftime presentation that eats up time and would require them to play an abridged show.

Again, the post-game was not intentional.

EDIT: I'm not one of those "know it all" fans...I really wasn't even gonna go to the game and didn't decide to leave until around 1:30 yesterday because I honestly thought Tech would beat us by 4 - 5 TDs and I didn't think it was worth making the drive "just to see the band".
    Spelling out DEMONS. Great way to pump up the fan base...but that was our house. But I don't know much about band direction so if that's the case I'll live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Spelling out DEMONS. Great way to pump up the fan base...but that was our house. But I don't know much about band direction so if that's the case I'll live with it.
    Gotcha. Good luck to the Dawgs the rest of the season!

Gotcha. Good luck to the Dawgs the rest of the season!
    Y'all better win every damn game you've got left

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Y'all better win every damn game you've got left
    We have never been able to stand prosperity! That's what has always made NSU NSU and Tech Tech...we always figure out a way to trip over our own feet!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    That is terrible.

We did send a pep band to ULL. Three days is not enough time to plan a trip for 150+ students and staff (and trimmings). BoP also wasn't given the money for more than a pep band. I'd wager there was no plan or thought of sending the band until too late. However, NSU had plenty of time to prepare to bring their band. There was no question of them coming or not. They do have the money. Their band is a priority to the university and athletic program. The NSU music department doesn't fight (hard) for a cut of the pie. Tech's problems are too numerous, but not insurmountable. Need people that care though. Robken cares, but hasn't been able to put up the fight necessary. With his leaving at the end of the year, we'll see how committed Tech is with his replacement.
    I didn't know Robken was leaving. That's a big loss. Is he retiring or pursuing another opportunity?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    The contract for the oohlala game was signed in 2010. We had 4 years to plan a trip for 150 plus students and staff and trimmings.
    And yet, not BVDV, DR, DG, or Tmac gave a consideration of taking the band until a few days before kickoff.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I didn't know Robken was leaving. That's a big loss. Is he retiring or pursuing another opportunity?
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...he-Band-Thread

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    The band dudes only have excuses. They are pretty good until you think about all the time we have to plan and all the willing donors that aren't reached out to. I think our band is lazy.

+ Reply to Thread