+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What will be our final record ?

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Re: What will be our final record ?

I'll be surprised if we win two more games. The NSU loss will be the spark that ignites a 4-8 record. And then hopefully, changes will be made.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I don't think we'll have any more head scratchers after Saturday. We will be focused. We might get BEAT but we will not be sloppy and give it away (TWSD).
    Theme for the rest of the year: Remember Northwestern State!

Varsity Bulldog rascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the roughrascal34 is a jewel in the rough

Before Saturday 9-3. After Saturday 4-8.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by domangue View Post
    At the end of the day, we are 2-2 and in first place in C-USA West. Saturday, the "reset" button was hit on our season.

Going into the season, everyone thought September 6 in Lafayette would be the tale of the season.

Now, UTEP on October 4 is the tale of the season. Does the team have the fortitude to come off of two straight (humiliating!) lossses, and rebound against a *MUCH* improved UTEP team? UTEP is a phyiscal run-first team, and had great success running the ball against Texas Tech in a close loss. I do believe that this year's UTEP team would have easily beat us last year.

If that game in Ruston turns into anything like NWST... we frankly could be staring at a 2-10 finish, mailing it in again like last year.
    Could not agree more about the UTEP game.

Win and Tech will likely be playing for a bowl game over the final 3-4 games.

A loss and Tech is looking at a 4 game losing streak going to S. Miss and needing to beat WKU or Rice to avoid a winless season in Ruston.

Tech is a much better team than last year, I hope Saturday was nothing more than a hiccup.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I'm expecting us to lose at Auburn and maybe one more, but otherwise win out. I'm counting on them recovering well from this loss...we need 'em to!

Varsity Bulldog LaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the rough LaTechAlum2014's Avatar

I have a really hard time as a logical and critical thinker believing that Tech will have 5 turnovers again in a game where 3 of them come on the final 3 possessions in a game. That being said Auburn is a definite loss. UTEP and UTSA could both be losses, too. Both those teams have improved since last year and could easily beat Tech. This is where that whole "Tech has to play like they did against ULL and UNT" thing comes into play. If Tech comes into those games as they did in their two victories this season, give Tech the W. USM is bad and does not seem to be getting better, and so I say Tech pulls that one out. I do not know much about the WKU football program, but they played fairly well against fellow CUSA opponent MTSU this season, but I say Tech pulls that one out as well. UAB has started off well, having one loss to Miss. St, and only fell to them by 13, so that game gets lumped into the UTEP/UTSA category regarding which Tech will show up to play. Old Dominion and Rice are also in that same category, though I see the Rice game being the most likely scenario in which Tech can win.

None of the remaining games on the schedule are "gimmes". Heck, NSU was supposed to be a "gimme" and look what happened. Two of the games are more likely to result in wins for Tech (USM and WKU) but the rest depend largely on which team shows up to play: the Week 2-3 team, or the Week 1 and 4 team? We shall see, but my positive projection is a final record of 6-6 and a trip to the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl, and my negative projection is another 4-8 squad.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I say we go 10-3 and sit at home due to Bowl Fiasco II.......

Hey we're Tech. Something has to kill the buzz from a conference championship.

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Theme for the rest of the year: Remember Northwestern State!
    Would absolutely be wise to do so.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

I think we win three more but I couldn't tell you which three.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Pre season I felt 4-8 was doable. After N TX I bought in to the dream and flipped to 8-4. I'll compromise and call it 6-6 and consider a bowl lagniappe, not a gimme.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I'm calling 6-6. That means we go 4-5 from here on out.

By the way, 6-6 is NOT good enough for Holtz to retain this job. I honestly believe a number of people on this board could coach this team to a 6-6 finish this year.

Puppy BDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her game

I rarely post because it is hard to be rational with some people on this board. I do not believe anyone thought we would be 2-2 coming out of the first 4 games with big wins over UNT and ULL. I, like most of you, had already given ourselves loses to OK, UNT, and ULL. Now, that being said the loss to NWST was down right embarrassing. However, saying fans could coach this team to a 6-6 record or placing all blame on the HC is ridiculous. The majority of fans have not given Skip a shot. The team last year was horrible and if Higgins was QB this year, we would be HORRIBLE!, HORRIBLE! I will spare all from the points to validate that statement.

My question to all who have already put the down payment on the moving company for Skip, is who do you want? Who is going to bring TECH to the level you want us to be? After you answer those questions, I want you to answer this. Are you going to give them 1 year to prove themselves. 1 year to come in implement their playbook, schemes, new coaches, new system, new routine, before we start running them out. The last 3 coaching hires have gone 5-7 (Dooley), 5-7 (Dykes), and 4-8 (Skip) in their first years. Both Dooley and Dykes were looking for the first ship out of town once they had a sniff of success. Keep in mind Dooley only had 1 winning season. He went 4-8 in his last year before jumping to Tenn.

I do want to say that I am not here to defend all of Skip's decisions and coaching ability, but I am here to say that I do not think many TECH fans have given this guy a fair shake. I think many of you got caught up in the uptick that Dykes brought our program before he left us in shambles. I think the 2 years of success that Dykes gave us has almost given our fan base a since of entitlement and I think it is unwarranted.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BDAWGS04 View Post
    I rarely post because it is hard to be rational with some people on this board. I do not believe anyone thought we would be 2-2 coming out of the first 4 games with big wins over UNT and ULL. I, like most of you, had already given ourselves loses to OK, UNT, and ULL. Now, that being said the loss to NWST was down right embarrassing. However, saying fans could coach this team to a 6-6 record or placing all blame on the HC is ridiculous. The majority of fans have not given Skip a shot. The team last year was horrible and if Higgins was QB this year, we would be HORRIBLE!, HORRIBLE! I will spare all from the points to validate that statement.

My question to all who have already put the down payment on the moving company for Skip, is who do you want? Who is going to bring TECH to the level you want us to be?

I think many of you got caught up in the uptick that Dykes brought our program before he left us in shambles. I think the 2 years of success that Dykes gave us has almost given our fan base a since of entitlement and I think it is unwarranted.
    Thanks for sharing your condescension with us mere mortals. You say you rarely post because its "hard to be rational with some people on this board". Then, in the very next sentence you turn-around and start making an irrational post.

You've obviously confused the field of coaching with the profession of medicine if you think there's not a lot of people who could coach this team to 6-6. Don't worry about finding a replacement for Holtz (if it comes to that), because there will be plenty of good applicants that can coach as well as he does.

I find your last comment about the Dykes years (bolded above) very interesting. You sound like a ULX fan that really doesn't believe that LA Tech deserves to be successful. You might as well have said, "Afterall, just who do you think you are? You're just little 'ole LA Tech. And you Tech fans need to know your place.!"

The jig is up. You've been exposed as a ULX fan disguised as a LA Tech fan. Many of us figured Tech had a strong chance to beat UNT & NSU, so 2-2 was not all that unfathomable. Yes, we got there in a little different way, but the fact remains we should be 3-1 right now. Go back to the Sunbelt board. They need you over there worse than we do.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 09-26-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Thanks for sharing your condescension with us mere mortals. You say you rarely post because its "hard to be rational with some people on this board". Then, in the very next sentence you turn-around and start making an irrational post.

You've obviously confused the field of coaching with the profession of medicine if you think there's not a lot of people who could coach this team to 6-6. Don't worry about finding a replacement for Holtz (if it comes to that), because there will be plenty of good applicants that can coach as well as he does.

I find your last comment about the Dykes years (bolded above) very interesting. You sound like a ULX fan that really doesn't believe that LA Tech deserves to be successful. You might as well have said, "Afterall, just who do you think you are? You're just little 'ole LA Tech. And you Tech fans need to know your place.!"

The jig is up. You've been exposed as a ULX fan disguised as a LA Tech fan. Many of us figured Tech had a strong chance to beat UNT & NSU, so 2-2 was not all that unfathomable. Yes, we got there in a little different way, but the fact remains we should be 3-1 right now. Go back to the Sunbelt board. They need you over there worse than we do.

Wow, I thought he was only saying you are a knucklehead for thinking all us fans are better coaches than Holtz... and we haven't given him a chance to rebuild the program. That seems very rational to me.

Puppy BDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her game

HogDawg, I bleed TECH blue and I laugh at your post. Your post is the reason I do not comment on here often.

The fact is we both love TECH. We cheer for the dawgs and expect our team to compete every game. The difference is some fans can speak about their differences and are realistic to our struggles; where as you appear to sit behind a keyboard and respond with ignorant banter. If someone does not agree with your opinion, they are a fan from ULM, or insert, "another crappy LA college" or they don't think TECH "deserves" to be successful. I believe TECH has had a great tradition, and I feel over the last decade we have made huge strides in changing the culture at our university. You will not appreciate my post and you and I will not agree on much, but on any given Saturday I would stand with you and cheer on our dawgs.

+ Reply to Thread