+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What will be our final record ?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: What will be our final record ?

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Wow, I thought he was only saying you are a knucklehead for thinking all us fans are better coaches than Holtz... and we haven't given him a chance to rebuild the program. That seems very rational to me.
    There's a lot of people that are better coaches than Holtz. And most of them would have had this team ready to donkey stomp NSU last week. Only a knucklehead can't see that.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    There's a lot of people that are better coaches than Holtz. And most of them would have had this team ready to donkey stomp NSU last week. Only a knucklehead can't see that.
    Here on this board? Why don't they apply?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BDAWGS04 View Post
    HogDawg, I bleed TECH blue and I laugh at your post. Your post is the reason I do not comment on here often.

The fact is we both love TECH. We cheer for the dawgs and expect our team to compete every game. The difference is some fans can speak about their differences and are realistic to our struggles; where as you appear to sit behind a keyboard and respond with ignorant banter. If someone does not agree with your opinion, they are a fan from ULM, or insert, "another crappy LA college" or they don't think TECH "deserves" to be successful. I believe TECH has had a great tradition, and I feel over the last decade we have made huge strides in changing the culture at our university. You will not appreciate my post and you and I will not agree on much, but on any given Saturday I would stand with you and cheer on our dawgs.
    Well, I laugh at yours to. It's always funny to hear from the "silent" guys who begin their posts by telling us how much smarter they are than everyone else.

For the record, we agree that LA Tech has made great strides over the last decade. But it was because Tech fans were vocal, got involved, stayed involved and demanded more from coaches and administrators. It didn't happen because people like you took cheap shots at others by calling their positions "ignorant banter". That's not helpful to our cause.

Puppy BDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her game

I don't recall anywhere in my post where I spoke about how much smarter I am than anyone. Also, my comment about your "ignorant banter" was not meant to be a cheap shot, just an observation. However, to spare all from any more back and forth, I will respond to the actual question on this thread:

My prediction is 7-5 and we will be bowling!

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Well, I laugh at yours to. It's always funny to hear from the "silent" guys who begin their posts by telling us how much smarter they are than everyone else.

For the record, we agree that LA Tech has made great strides over the last decade. But it was because Tech fans were vocal, got involved, stayed involved and demanded more from coaches and administrators. It didn't happen because people like you took cheap shots at others by calling their positions "ignorant banter". That's not helpful to our cause.

But calling fans that have a different opinion than yours "ass hats" and "pricks" is? I agree with BDAWG 7-5 and a bowl game.

Here on this board? Why don't they apply?
    Let me be clear about something......I'm not promoting the firing of Holtz right now. But if he finishes the season 6-6 or worse, I think we have to have that discussion. Much worse, and he's history. As i previously stated, finishing 6-6 would mean he loses more than he wins from here out. And that would be a huge disappointment to a lot of people.

As for surrogate coaches, I know there are people on this board who could coach this team as well as what Holtz did last Saturday night. Obviously they don't apply because they have other professions they are successful at, and they aren't credentialed in coaching. Some of them would really surprise you. Some wouldn't (e.g, Mickey Slaughter). Some are former coaches and/or former players. Gravy Patterson did it when we fired Larry Beightol , and others could today.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Let me be clear about something......I'm not promoting the firing of Holtz right now. But if he finishes the season 6-6 or worse, I think we have to have that discussion. Much worse, and he's history. As i previously stated, finishing 6-6 would mean he loses more than he wins from here out. And that would be a huge disappointment to a lot of people.

As for surrogate coaches, I know there are people on this board who could coach this team as well as what Holtz did last Saturday night. Obviously they don't apply because they have other professions they are successful at, and they aren't credentialed in coaching. Some of them would really surprise you. Some wouldn't (e.g, Mickey Slaughter). Some are former coaches and/or former players. Gravy Patterson did it when we fired Larry Beightol , and others could today.

OK, I'll let you off the hook on the coaches.

I think after Auburn, we are very evenly matched with every team. Southern Miss seems to still be down, but everyone else can beat us (USM too, probably). Just let it play out and let's see how we do before we evaluate the coaching staff. Northwestern game was bad, but ULL and UNT were great... same staff. Maybe that game was the exception not the rule. I sure hope so! Let's wait and see.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I compare the NSU embarrasment to our beating Alabama in 1999. About the same except Alabama had greater expectations and finally lived up to them. How do you think the Alabama fans felt after that game. I was listenting to a radio program on the way back from a Texas game with my law partner and they were sure it was the end for their coach (can't remember who it was but it was the guy before the Price fiasco). But it was a wake up call and they went on to win the SEC and I believe the Sugar Bowl. I'm not saying the same thing happens here, but it could.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Mike DuBose

They lost the Orange Bowl to Michigan by 1 pt.

OK, I'll let you off the hook on the coaches.

I think after Auburn, we are very evenly matched with every team. Southern Miss seems to still be down, but everyone else can beat us (USM too, probably). Just let it play out and let's see how we do before we evaluate the coaching staff. Northwestern game was bad, but ULL and UNT were great... same staff. Maybe that game was the exception not the rule. I sure hope so! Let's wait and see.
    Agreed. Again, I'm pulling FOR Holtz, not against him. I want him to succeed. One of the reasons the NSU game was such a big disappointment is because it came in the heels of great performances at UNT and ULL. So you KNOW THEY CAN DO IT!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Again, I'm pulling FOR Holtz, not against him. I want him to succeed. One of the reasons the NSU game was such a big disappointment is because it came in the heels of great performances at UNT and ULL. So you KNOW THEY CAN DO IT!
    I'm pulling for Tech. If that means Holtz, so be it, but he's not safe. He lost a lot of mojo Saturday.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Blaming a coach because players fail to execute is where I differ..........Is Holtz the best coach for the job? Time will tell.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Blaming a coach because players fail to execute is where I differ..........Is Holtz the best coach for the job? Time will tell.
    Sorry bro. Coaches get paid a premium to take responsibility.

I don't care if every member of the team comes down with the drizzle poops ... if they lose, it's coach's fault.

Ahhh yes , we must point the finger at someone! The coach is to blame because some players were thinking about what piece of a%$ they were going to tap after the game!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Ahhh yes , we must point the finger at someone! The coach is to blame because some players were thinking about what piece of a%$ they were going to tap after the game!
    Correct. He is paid to keep them focused and motivated.

You can call it pointing the finger, but to Tech fans, it's simply accountability.

+ Reply to Thread