+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay, Saints & Cowgirls Fans

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Okay, Saints & Cowgirls Fans

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I don't think Drew can carry the team the same way he used to. Like someone said earlier, our window is closing...last year might've been Drew's last shot.
    I've sat through some deep, dark Saints seasons before. I can do it again.

It's been a great run with Sean, Drew, Colston ,etc.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I seem to remember similar expressions from fans of a team the Dawgs played earlier this season.
    Yeah....if you are referring to the ULL clowns, their comments were made BEFORE the 2 teams played. My comments come on the heels of the Cowboys DOMINATING the Aints. Big difference.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, as I posted, it's a LONG season. Saints have opened with 3 of 4 on the road, which means we still have 7 home games. But, the team is really struggling. It's one thing to lose to teams like the Seasickhawks, Niners, Packers, Eagles, Ravens, Bengals, Broncos.... actual playoff contenders. But we have lost to the Dirty Birds, Brownies, and the Cowgirls. Not exactly a murderers row of opponents.

The bright spot is the whole division is sucking. The Saints are only one game out. We might limp in with a 9-7 record.....and win the division!

For you 'girls fans, well, wins over the mighty Titans , Rams and the struggling Saints is nothing to crow about. I think upcoming games will tell us more.

And, yeah, HD, like I posted. You waited for a good result to "bravely" come out and run your mouth. But, that's okay. I still love ya, man!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You can bend over and kiss your ass goodbye. These two teams are moving in opposite directions. And the Cowboys have already passed you by.
    It's cute that you think that.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    It's cute that you think that.
    I know I am biased being a cowboys fan, but I think it is pretty obvious that he is right. Both teams qbs are at the end of their careers. So, they will both have to find a qb soon, but the rest of the offense for Dallas is very young and very talented. The Saint's have some young talent on offense, but not like the Cowboys. As far as defense is concerned, neither team has much talent. The wild card in all of this is what will JJ do to screw it up?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The steep decline of the Saints is baffling. Can they turn it around this year? Sure doesn't look very promising.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    The steep decline of the Saints is baffling. Can they turn it around this year? Sure doesn't look very promising.
    I honestly knew the Cowboys were going to put up a ton of points. I was shocked at the Saints inability to move the ball. I don't get it.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I know I am biased being a cowboys fan, but I think it is pretty obvious that he is right. Both teams qbs are at the end of their careers. So, they will both have to find a qb soon, but the rest of the offense for Dallas is very young and very talented. The Saint's have some young talent on offense, but not like the Cowboys. As far as defense is concerned, neither team has much talent. The wild card in all of this is what will JJ do to screw it up?
    I think that is key, although replacing Romo won't be quite as hard as replacing Brees. Dallas has some young players, but Romo, Witten, Spencer. We will see. I think Dallas will have a good year. I don't see this as the start of some upward trajectory. Like you said, you still have JJ.

The Saints are baffling though. At least the Cowboys can say they might be on an upward trajectory. Saints can't say that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

And, yeah, HD, like I posted. You waited for a good result to "bravely" come out and run your mouth. But, that's okay. I still love ya, man!
    Dawg80, you 'Aints fans are not exactly great listeners. So I let the scoreboard do the talking first.

This game will be remembered as "The Big EASY", because it was a big, and it was easy for the Cowboys.

To sum it up, you Aints fans remind me a lot of the ULL Cajun fans. Lots of pre-game bravado, and frankly, not a lot of respect for any other team. Even now, in some of the posts above, many Aints fans are in denial and prefering to believe "somethings obviously wrong with the Saints" intead of even considering the fact that the Cowboys might just be much improved in 2014. In fact the similarities between many Aints fans and Cajun fans are downright startling.

I think the Aints can stilll make the playoffs. They've still got talent. They just didn't see that train coming at 'em the other night until it had already hit 'em.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

That is the good thing for the Saints this year, the NFC South has gone from tough to soft real quick with the Falcons and Panthers both looking mediocre at best. If the Saints can get it together, they have a good shot of making the playoffs. Sadly, nothing much from this first 4 weeks of the season gives me much hope, but we should be better than last year on paper supposedly. The NFL can be very fickle from game to game.

As for the Boys, they need to keep leaning on the running game and hope the D keeps coming to play. That D was supposed to be a laughing stock, and it has put together some nice games.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    That is the good thing for the Saints this year, the NFC South has gone from tough to soft real quick with the Falcons and Panthers both looking mediocre at best. If the Saints can get it together, they have a good shot of making the playoffs. Sadly, nothing much from this first 4 weeks of the season gives me much hope, but we should be better than last year on paper supposedly. The NFL can be very fickle from game to game.

As for the Boys, they need to keep leaning on the running game and hope the D keeps coming to play. That D was supposed to be a laughing stock, and it has put together some nice games.
    Now don't get me wrong I think he still sucks but I think it's funny that some of the people Jerry drafted, where everyone made fun of him, are the ones leading this resurgence. Travis Frederick isn't just playing like a legit First Rounder, he's playing like a Pro-Bowler. I've always said, if you don't know what to do, you can never go wrong drafting a stud OL. Winning starts in the trenches. Our OL is big, mean, and nasty. And they've allowed us to make running the ball priority one. It's funny how much better a QB can look when his team runs the ball effectively and plays defense. I mean this is common sense but Romo isn't improving at this point of his career. The difference is he's not stuck in 2nd and long and 3rd and long anymore. He's not forced to have the weight of the entire world on his shoulders.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Dawg80, you 'Aints fans are not exactly great listeners. So I let the scoreboard do the talking first.

That's exactly what we have done 8 of the last 10 games against you girls. That said, the Saints could easily still win the NFC South this year with the girls coming to The Dome as a wildcard for the playoffs. That's providing there's not the typical 8-8 finish for the team from DFW. Better watch out.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Now don't get me wrong I think he still sucks but I think it's funny that some of the people Jerry drafted, where everyone made fun of him, are the ones leading this resurgence. Travis Frederick isn't just playing like a legit First Rounder, he's playing like a Pro-Bowler. I've always said, if you don't know what to do, you can never go wrong drafting a stud OL. Winning starts in the trenches. Our OL is big, mean, and nasty. And they've allowed us to make running the ball priority one. It's funny how much better a QB can look when his team runs the ball effectively and plays defense. I mean this is common sense but Romo isn't improving at this point of his career. The difference is he's not stuck in 2nd and long and 3rd and long anymore. He's not forced to have the weight of the entire world on his shoulders.
    Yep, very important, too, because I watched the Boys first two games with Romo back, and Romo could barely get the ball where it needed to go. It looked like he might be toast if he took one bad hit. Luckily, he made it through those games fairly unscathed, and he is finally starting to look like his old self with his arm strength. Part of protecting Romo from "being Romo" is to not put him in those positions where he has to wing up a prayer. All QBs make mistakes in those instances, Romo's just seem to be catastrophic.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Two problems with the draft in relation to the O-line. First, it's about 5 years late. If he'd gotten a good line earlier Romo wouldn't have taken the beating he's taken. Instead of wasting picks trading for Roy Williams, etc. And, second, when he finally has gotten around to it, he's usually picked them way early. I'm fine with Frederick as a pick, but the consensus was they still could have gotten him much later. So what did they miss on by drafting him early. That seems to have become Jerry's MO in recent years (sort of the opposite of Johnson's strategy) -- trade up and spend picks to get fewer players.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I guess if owner Jerry Jones can get away with it so can his players huh? Just asking.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...exual-assault/

+ Reply to Thread