+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auburn

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Auburn

I am moving past last Saturday's meltdown and looking forward now. Auburn is going to be TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH! However, if we aren't going in to win, there is no use playing the game. They had a bad game against Kansas State, so expect them to come out fired up with their home crowd. This will be every bit as difficult as Oklahoma. I am ready to see if we compete and hang around like our opponent did last week - with a chance to win it.

Say what you will, but I am not being a Sunshine pumper on this one. I am, however, of the belief that you go into every single game to WIN the game!

GO DAWGS!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Auburn

The US hockey team beat the Russians in 1980, Buster Douglas knocked Mike Tyson out, and Northwestern State beat us last week, so anything is possible. It would be a miracle though. I'm expecting it to look a lot like the OU game, just against a better defense.

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

The team is gonna be fired up and ready to prove that last week was a fluke. I'm hoping we catch Auburn with their pants down while they prepare for LSU. And it's only tuesday so there's still plenty of time in the week for one of Auburn's players to steal some crab legs or stand on a table and yell about his planned sexual adventures.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post
    The team is gonna be fired up and ready to prove that last week was a fluke. I'm hoping we catch Auburn with their pants down while they prepare for LSU. And it's only tuesday so there's still plenty of time in the week for one of Auburn's players to steal some crab legs or stand on a table and yell about his planned sexual adventures.
    So they can be suspended for the opening drive? Don't hold your breathe on winning via suspension :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    So they can be suspended for the opening drive? Don't hold your breathe on winning via suspension :icon_wink:
    I'm not holding my breath, but considering that these are SEC players, it's not really that remote of a possibility.

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

Before the game last Saturday I would have said that the difference between us and NW was about the same as the difference between us and Auburn. Not so sure now but still possible. So you have to believe. As an aside my last college tennis match at Tech we played doubles against the #1 team in the country. They were from Alabama and were 17-0 when we played them on their courts. We won in straight sets. I think it is the only Tech men's team to ever defeat a #1 ranked Division 1 opponent. Every Dawg has their day!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammell View Post
    Before the game last Saturday I would have said that the difference between us and NW was about the same as the difference between us and Auburn. Not so sure now but still possible. So you have to believe. As an aside my last college tennis match at Tech we played doubles against the #1 team in the country. They were from Alabama and were 17-0 when we played them on their courts. We won in straight sets. I think it is the only Tech men's team to ever defeat a #1 ranked Division 1 opponent. Every Dawg has their day!
    And...we sure need one after last Saturday!

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

We may keep it close until the clock reaches 14:59 in the first quarter. Auburn had a wake up call last weekend too, just they happened to beat their inferior opponent. We will get destroyed, but on to UTEP and winning CUSA! Because the games against NWSt, OU, and AU aren't relevant to anything we need to accomplish this season, they are just glorified scrimmages.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Had another flashback while driving this morning. Back in junior high we were beating some hapless team 50-0, and then we scored again, and their cheerleaders said:

"That's all right, that's okay, we're gonna beat them anyway!"

Talk about eternal optimists. Must have attended the Champ110 Cheerleader Camp!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Had another flashback while driving this morning. Back in junior high we were beating some hapless team 50-0, and then we scored again, and their cheerleaders said:

"That's all right, that's okay, we're gonna beat them anyway!"

Talk about eternal optimists. Must have attended the Champ110 Cheerleader Camp!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am moving past last Saturday's meltdown and looking forward now. Auburn is going to be TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH! However, if we aren't going in to win, there is no use playing the game. They had a bad game against Kansas State, so expect them to come out fired up with their home crowd. This will be every bit as difficult as Oklahoma. I am ready to see if we compete and hang around like our opponent did last week - with a chance to win it.

Say what you will, but I am not being a Sunshine pumper on this one. I am, however, of the belief that you go into every single game to WIN the game!

GO DAWGS!
    Another sunshine pumper??? GREAT! Looking at the board the last few days made me wonder if we even have a game coming up this weekend. I thought maybe we decided to end the season on September 20.

Thanks for the thread, champion110. Winning is a long shot, but I bet NSU thought the same thing.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

One positive is that this is a trap game for Auburn. Coming off the Kansas St road win and LSU next week. However, they played poorly against K State, so they may be more focused to correct some things.

Puppy juco22 has turned a few heads around herejuco22 has turned a few heads around herejuco22 has turned a few heads around here

As long as we compete, execute and finish we will do fine. We have enough talent to go into Auburn and pull off a miracle(like they say). But as long as they don't get the pregame speech that Bicknell gave us going into the Miami game.

"Guys you have to be kidding me to think we are going to beat these guys!"

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    One positive is that this is a trap game for Auburn. Coming off the Kansas St road win and LSU next week. However, they played poorly against K State, so they may be more focused to correct some things.
    Yep they will focus on us and make lsu look like the seahawks

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Auburn isn't paying attention to us. This is what Saturday will go like ...

yep

+ Reply to Thread