+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with Patton?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with Patton?

I keep waiting to see him get in a game, is he injured?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: What's wrong with Patton?

I know, very disappointing. Niners are loaded with WRs. Would be tough for any youngster to bust into that starting line-up. The shine is off of Kapumpernickle too. Niners are struggling....like the Saints and Packers. If QP is destined to ride the pine, then he needs to be traded to a team in need of a good WR.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I haven't watched a game this year, but from what I saw last season, QP had trouble creating separation from NFL DBs. I don't know if that was because he wasn't fully healthy from the foot injury, but he didn't look very explosive to me last season.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

He's stuck behind a bunch of very experienced WR's and he's the new guy. That's the long and short of it. SF is not a good situation for him or any young WR.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Saints could have used him like they did Lance Moore.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    He's stuck behind a bunch of very experienced WR's and he's the new guy. That's the long and short of it. SF is not a good situation for him or any young WR.
    I don't necessarily agree with this. Just last year, the 49ers basically had Anquan Boldin and a bunch of nobodies (because Crabtree was injured). QP had every chance to prove he could be the man and be worthy of playing time. It didn't happen, so they went out and signed Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't he better than Ellington though?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with this. Just last year, the 49ers basically had Anquan Boldin and a bunch of nobodies (because Crabtree was injured). QP had every chance to prove he could be the man and be worthy of playing time. It didn't happen, so they went out and signed Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd.
    That's silly considering he was hurt and the nature of his injury. He missed over half the season. Plus Boldin performed very well and you can't discount Vernon Davis' effect. On top of that Harbaugh would rather pound the ball. It's just not a good situation for a young WR. Also broke his finger during training camp and that slowed him down as well. During a large portion of his rookie training camp he couldn't catch, he just ran the routes.

http://sportsandyourfeetct.blogspot....ks-injury.html
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 09-28-2014 at 02:38 AM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Saints could have used him like they did Lance Moore.
    ....Lord knows the 'Aints could certainly use some kind of help.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

That's silly considering he was hurt and the nature of his injury. He missed over half the season. Plus Boldin performed very well and you can't discount Vernon Davis' effect. On top of that Harbaugh would rather pound the ball. It's just not a good situation for a young WR. Also broke his finger during training camp and that slowed him down as well. During a large portion of his rookie training camp he couldn't catch, he just ran the routes.

http://sportsandyourfeetct.blogspot....ks-injury.html
    While I agree that he had some bad luck, didn't they just bring in Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd? It wasn't like those guys were already there and QP got stuck behind them. The Niners brought them in because they didn't feel that QP was good enough to cut it rather it be from injuries or talent.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    While I agree that he had some bad luck, didn't they just bring in Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd? It wasn't like those guys were already there and QP got stuck behind them. The Niners brought them in because they didn't feel that QP was good enough to cut it rather it be from injuries or talent.
    But how could QP prove to them they don't need to sign outside guys if he's hurt and not playing for what 2/3 of the season? They were proven talents available at a bargain and they'd be foolish not to sign them. Without PT he'll never get a chance to prove he can play at that level.

But how could QP prove to them they don't need to sign outside guys if he's hurt and not playing for what 2/3 of the season? They were proven talents available at a bargain and they'd be foolish not to sign them. Without PT he'll never get a chance to prove he can play at that level.
    He played in 6 games last season (38% of the season), but he was also a healthy scratch in a couple of games because they didn't think he was good enough. I don't know what's going on out there. I don't follow it that closely. I know he's had some bad luck with a couple of injuries, but I also thought if he'd really shown them something in practice or in games when he was healthy, they wouldn't have gone out and signed two new starters during the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    He played in 6 games last season (38% of the season), but he was also a healthy scratch in a couple of games because they didn't think he was good enough. I don't know what's going on out there. I don't follow it that closely. I know he's had some bad luck with a couple of injuries, but I also thought if he'd really shown them something in practice or in games when he was healthy, they wouldn't have gone out and signed two new starters during the offseason.
    That's fine. I'm just emphasizing that I think they view him more as an unknown than a bust or wasted draft pick.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

That's fine. I'm just emphasizing that I think they view him more as an unknown than a bust or wasted draft pick.
    There are teams that could find a way to use him. Many teams like the Saints, Pats, Packers, and Seahawks have found ways to use undersized receivers. He needs to get/stay fully healthy and the right situation will open up.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Sadly, the line between bust and unknown is pretty thin in the NFL. If you are an unknown nearly 1.5 years in being with a team, your days are most likely numbered.

+ Reply to Thread