+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 60 minutes Leslie Stahl in town

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Re: 60 minutes Leslie Stahl in town

Quote Originally Posted by dawg68 View Post
    She told me the plan is to air it in Nov. Remember this is 6o Minutes Sports and not the regular Sunday night show...not even on CBS but a cable channel/network affiliated with CBS.
    [sigh] Well, I found it... CBSSN. Not sure how many potential recruits will find it, though.

As a frame of reference, it's channel 735 on Comcast-Chattanooga (and that's not even the HD version). Channel 735 is waaay out in the boonies of cabledom, somewhere between the "World Of Khaki Shopping Network" and "Your Slavic Kitchen."

But to be optimistic, CBS will have the footage they shot and it won't just disappear into a can on a shelf (yes, I know, arcane video references--but a subliminal shout out to all my fellow arcanes!). If they only use it on CBSSN, they won't recoup enough to cover Ms. Stahl's per diem. Somewhere, someday, CBS will find a national audience for it.

Not to say a showing on CBSSN couldn't benefit us now. Gotta figure there's a lot of untapped talent in Eastern Europe just waiting for their American auntie to make the recruiting connection.

As recruiters so often say: you never know when someone's search for help with their grandmother's potato moussaka will yield a Croatian point guard. :icon_wink: Just sayin'.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

CBSSN and FS1 have become favorite channels for those of us who are not $EC members or E$PN lovers.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

60 Minutes Sports is on Showtime. Period.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    CBSSN and FS1 have become favorite channels for those of us who are not $EC members or E$PN lovers.
    Though Fox Sports network gets prime billing in this area (situated among the double digit channels) I must confess--now that it's apparent to all--my utter ignorance of CBS Sports Network. (I always learn something on this forum. Truly, my ignorance has found a home here.)

Can't imagine CBS would spend money making a special on Tyler without plans to televise more than one La Tech game to go alongside it. So, which LaTech November game has the largest market appeal? I know nothing about those opponents (again, ignorance...home).

Quote Originally Posted by dawgpix
    60 Minutes Sports is on Showtime. Period.
    Oh. Ignorant again. Period.

(Gotta salvage this post now.) The LSU site says the Dec. 3 game vs LaTech will be televised by SEC network at 6 PM. Maybe it's time to start that Sticky thread for posting when & where Lady Techster games will be televised. Gonna be more than one this year. And with a good start, even more added later.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

CBS sports net is a media partner of cusa

+ Reply to Thread