+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing with Fire

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Playing with Fire

Dixon and Sokol were in WAY too late. Up 45 against a team with no offensive pulse and the two guys you can't lose are still in the game?

Not smart

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Re: Playing with Fire

I think they were getting yards for their legacy. You only live once. Tell them that winning out matters too.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Agreed. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Save the legacy yards for the bonus (championship) game they likely get if they stay healthy and Tech keeps winning. I would have gotten both out before the end of the 3rd, but definitely by early in the 4th. Biggest conference game of the year is the next one...need all hands on deck for that one.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

How's Dixon's foot?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Dixon and Sokol were in WAY too late. Up 45 against a team with no offensive pulse and the two guys you can't lose are still in the game?

Not smart
    A negative, but even this negative turned out positive last night.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Oops! I need to change my profile pic.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Subs still got a lot of work in. 2 weeks off is a long time to heal as well. Hope they rest well and heal up withoit losing the sense of urgency.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Save the legacy yards for the bonus (championship) game they likely get if they stay healthy and Tech keeps winning. I would have gotten both out before the end of the 3rd, but definitely by early in the 4th. Biggest conference game of the year is the next one...need all hands on deck for that one.
    . Agree -- I was whining so bad about taking them out my friends threaten $ 5 fine if I said it again . We play well we have 14 games this year. Student side cheering when Dixon came out-- they understand importance of his health

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

I was nervous about having Dixon in late as well. Just as I was thinking that, I thought I heard the announcers saying that Dixon was less than 20 yards from the Tech all time rushing total. Haven't confirmed that information, but I could then see why he didn't want out.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    I was nervous about having Dixon in late as well. Just as I was thinking that, I thought I heard the announcers saying that Dixon was less than 20 yards from the Tech all time rushing total. Haven't confirmed that information, but I could then see why he didn't want out.
    He was begging to get back in, when he was taken out. Yes, he was about to meet the record.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Dixon and Sokol should have come out near the end of the third quarter. That playing time would have been so valuable to backups.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    He was begging to get back in, when he was taken out. Yes, he was about to meet the record.
    I think it might have been the Tech record for most 100-yard games by a RB. Dixon is tied for 1st with 13 games of at least 100 rushing yards. Dixon was 14 yards away from his record-breaking 14th 100-yard game last night when he was taken out of the game.

Kenneth Dixon is:
    • 7th all-time in career rushing yards with 2,630 yards (The record is 3,352 by Daniel Porter)
    • 3rd all-time in career offensive TDs with 43 TDs (Record is 57 by Troy Edwards)
    • 2nd all-time in career rushing TDs with 39 TDs (Record is 52 by Charles McDaniel)
    • Tied for 2nd all-time in career 200-yard rushing games with 3 (Record is 7 by Ryan Moats)
    • Tied for 1st all-time in career 100-yard rushing games with 13 (Tied with Davis, 1989-92)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

Not smart
    I disagree. I think Holtz managed this process just right against UTEP. He went by the book and pulled all the starters at the 10:00 min mark of the 4th qtr. Our players have butted heads with the likes of Auburn and OU this year, and they deserved the opportunity to sharpen their game and build some stats against a lesser opponent. And that is exactly what happened.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I disagree. I think Holtz managed this process just right against UTEP. He went by the book and pulled all the starters at the 10:00 min mark of the 4th qtr. Our players have butted heads with the likes of Auburn and OU this year, and they deserved the opportunity to sharpen their game and build some stats against a lesser opponent. And that is exactly what happened.
    That's debatable with relatively healthy players. When you have a player with a diagnosed sprained ligament, why risk exacerbating the injury any further? Stats won't matter if you injure yourself further and can't accrue more stats in subsequent games.
    Last edited by THEarmada; 10-05-2014 at 09:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread