+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UTEP Attendance

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UTEP Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Think we'll see any more promotions for the UTSA game on radio/TV compared to what we've seen in the past?
    No.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

It is WAY TOO QUIET on the west side!! I sit in section "C" ....stand up, hollar,...ring two cow bells...and still have difficulty in getting the people behind me to make any noise!!! It is aggravating! I guess they think I make enough noise for our section??

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    It is WAY TOO QUIET on the west side!! I sit in section "C" ....stand up, hollar,...ring two cow bells...and still have difficulty in getting the people behind me to make any noise!!! It is aggravating! I guess they think I make enough noise for our section??
    Those people are lost. They are there to socialize and occasionally enjoy the game. The only way to fix that is to hook them young, keep them as students, then hold on for dear life as alumni. Slowly but surely, they should replace the current crop of blue hairs. If Tech can manage any consistently and success, this would be no problem.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Ya'll must have been on the West side. The students were crazy and gave the UTEP players hell. The 4th quarter they were all over UTEP's punter with the last name "Ruggles".
    He was getting a little agitated by it at first, especially when we were calling him "Strugges," but he was a good sport about it later on. I know there were a lot of people that left early, but the students that stuck around did a great job. I'm really liking my new chair-back seats on the front row at the 50 yard line too

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think at every school the key is the students and young alums. They WILL be your loudest and most demonstrative fans without a doubt. The older fans are program supporters, giving most of the money, attending faithfully, but not standing as much or yelling as loud. That's just the way it is, with a few exceptions (like many of the posters on this board.)
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think at every school the key is the students and young alums. They WILL be your loudest and most demonstrative fans without a doubt. The older fans are program supporters, giving most of the money, attending faithfully, but not standing as much or yelling as loud. That's just the way it is, with a few exceptions (like many of the posters on this board.)
    Yep, I think that is an excellent explanation!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Looking at T-mo's pics the West Side didn't fall off as much as the east side for this week's game -

That said when you had lost 4 of the last 5 in Ruston most people took a SHOW ME attitude into the game

Attendance was about what I expected

Should get a bounce for the next game from this win - don't know what the 11:00 am kick will do to student attendance though

Plus when it's 28-3 at half - there really isn't much to do except sit back and enjoy the whuppin they are dishing out which have been rare around here lately
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

In Ruston since 2010 -

2010 - 2-4
    2011 - 3-2
    2012 - 4-1
    2013 - 2-3
    2014 - 1-1

It's hard to consistently build very good crowds when that is your home record....

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    In Ruston since 2010 -

2010 - 2-4
    2011 - 3-2
    2012 - 4-1
    2013 - 2-3
    2014 - 1-1

It's hard to consistently build very good crowds when that is your home record....
    Prior to Saturday we were 2-5 in our last 7 in the JOE. 2-5, let that sink in. The JOE used to be home to one of the nations longest winning streaks, I want to see the dawgs own the JOE once again.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    In Ruston since 2010 -

2010 - 2-4
    2011 - 3-2
    2012 - 4-1
    2013 - 2-3
    2014 - 1-1

And there were many gut-wrenching games there:

The Kaepernick 4th down run.
    UCA overtime game
    The Houston implosion
    The Hawaii blowout (with the officials causing a HUGE delay)
    The Utah St loss in front of Orange Bowl committee
    The bore-fest against Lamar
    Tulane!
    North Texas implosion
    NW State

It has been depressing at the Joe.

And I realize and understand that a lot of the sub year 40 crowd doesn't get the impact that the NWSt loss had on the 50+ crowd - but it was HUGE

They can handle blowing a game to Houston or getting beat by Tulane or North Texas BUT losing to NWSt is UNACCEPTABLE in their books - it's LSU losing to Tulane - it just doesn't happen

So a lot of the casual people balked after that loss

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You're right DFM. For many Tech fans, Skippy is forever damaged goods. We can win out this year, including a bowl win, and there'll be that "yeah, but..."

We can follow that up with another very good season next year, maybe even crack the Top 25 rankings again. Be on a win streak of 10+ games, and there'll be that "yeah, but..."

Hadn't happened since 1979. And it hadn't for a very good reason.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Those people are lost. They are there to socialize and occasionally enjoy the game. The only way to fix that is to hook them young, keep them as students, then hold on for dear life as alumni. Slowly but surely, they should replace the current crop of blue hairs. If Tech can manage any consistently and success, this would be no problem.
    I wondered how long it would take until the "blue hairs" got called out. One of these days JuBru, if you are lucky, you might get admitted to the "Blue Hair" society. However, that will mean that you will be paying the fare for all other hairs!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, at least the "blue hairs" are wearing blue. That should make some of you happy.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    I wondered how long it would take until the "blue hairs" got called out. One of these days JuBru, if you are lucky, you might get admitted to the "Blue Hair" society. However, that will mean that you will be paying the fare for all other hairs!
    How long have you been hooked, Coach Mick?

+ Reply to Thread