+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UTEP Observations From Afar

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Utep UTEP Observations From Afar

I watched the game on FCS-Central here in the Pittsburgh area. A few observations:

1. The broadcast was very good and the announcers sounded almost like homers. Very impressed with Tech.

2. We have a very powerful team that has a lot going for it if we can keep focused. Hope Skippy can make that
    routine.

3. Our school commercials, as always, sound very amateurish. Surely we can do better than that.

4. It was embarrassing to see the East side almost empty after the half. With the performance the Dawgs were
    putting on against a pretty good team, one would think everyone there would want to see all of it.

5. The "special" helmets sucked! You really couldn't make out what it was on TV. The old tried and true State
    With the "T" is one of the most distinctive in football and everyone recognizes it.

Overall, congrats to the Dawgs and the coaches for a great performance!!!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Re: UTEP Observations From Afar

at first i read the OP's thread title as "UTEP Observations from Jafar"

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

I know everyone has different excuse for leaving early but my family left out of OO on the east side at the end of the 3rd because of a cranky 8 month old. It was her first ever game. We are 1-0 with her there. If I have to bring her and leave early every game, I'm willing to make that sacrifice!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I will put my comments here instead of starting a new thread.

For the first time since they turned it on, I thought the video board was an asset to the game experience.

Keep in mind, I am totally deaf in one ear but i thought the volume level perfect. The music selection was good except for one or two songs that were snoozers. They need to forget the blue hairs and keep the young folks engaged. Blue hairs are not there for the music.

First time i noticed the mmessage "presents the band of pride". Glad they found a way to work with the band.

Overall i enjoyed it and that is coming for a guy that was ready to just pull the plug and not use it.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I will put my comments here instead of starting a new thread.

For the first time since they turned it on, I thought the video board was an asset to the game experience.

Keep in mind, I am totally deaf in one ear but i thought the volume level perfect. The music selection was good except for one or two songs that were snoozers. They need to forget the blue hairs and keep the young folks engaged. Blue hairs are not there for the music.

First time i noticed the mmessage "presents the band of pride". Glad they found a way to work with the band.

Overall i enjoyed it and that is coming for a guy that was ready to just pull the plug and not use it.
    I agree. I liked how they showed the band on the screen as they played. Regarding the wagonwheel to North Carolina song - the tune seems great for its purpose, but I wish there was something out there with more fitting lyrics.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I agree. I liked how they showed the band on the screen as they played. Regarding the wagonwheel to North Carolina song - the tune seems great for its purpose, but I wish there was something out there with more fitting lyrics.
    Wagon Wheel totally deflates the energy in the Joe. It was "cute" the first few times, but now it's a big ol snooze-fest.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Wagon Wheel totally deflates the energy in the Joe. It was "cute" the first few times, but now it's a big ol snooze-fest.
    You are sooo good at getting right to the point.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

I'll disagree. But I'm a Wagon Wheel homer.

There was no energy in that stadium after halftime, because it was a grade-A slaughter. UTEP didn't have a chance.

I drove 5 hours to be there, and still left early in the 4th so I could hang out with some folks I may see once a year, if that.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the helmets looked amazing. My Colorado friends who watched the game with me complimented out uniforms on multiple occasions. The special decal with the Red jerseys was soooo sick.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Man, you're just a miser lately!

Despite my dislike of the Bulldog logo we chose it didn't look bad on the helmets.

One thing I notice on TV is our stadium announcer, you could hear him loud and clear and it sounds so amateur to me when we get a TD.... "TOUCHDOOOOOOWWWWWNNNN BULLLLLLDOOOOOOGS, or TOUCHDOOOOOOWWWWWNNNN BULLLLLLDOOOOOOGS, Kenneth DIXoooOOOOON!" This isn't Mexican Futbol, be excited for sure, but no reason to go the "GOOOOOOOOOAL" route.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Section DD rocks the Wagon Wheel - not as good as our live version with guitars and mandolin but still its passable
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Man, you're just a miser lately!

Despite my dislike of the Bulldog logo we chose it didn't look bad on the helmets.

One thing I notice on TV is our stadium announcer, you could hear him loud and clear and it sounds so amateur to me when we get a TD.... "TOUCHDOOOOOOWWWWWNNNN BULLLLLLDOOOOOOGS, or TOUCHDOOOOOOWWWWWNNNN BULLLLLLDOOOOOOGS, Kenneth DIXoooOOOOON!" This isn't Mexican Futbol, be excited for sure, but no reason to go the "GOOOOOOOOOAL" route.
    Just trying to reach an untapped demographic in our state.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Section DD rocks the Wagon Wheel - not as good as our live version with guitars and mandolin but still its passable
    I hear they are looking for a band to play the steps next game

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Apparently they didn't decide to fix the bass in the sound system -- it was completely missing from everything I could hear from section E. (Honestly, the audio was low where I was in general, but maybe that's just where I'm at in the stadium.) Helmets looked sub-par to me, but our par is a pretty high bar in my opinion.

Having said that ... it's really nice to be able to complain about the above, because the video production was good, they worked well with the band, and obviously the on field performance was as dominant as I have seen in a long time! Oh, and I didn't even have to wait long for concessions at halftime -- the cash register broke down which took a minute, but the pizza was hot and the pepsi products were cold.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Compared to NSU game, the audio sounded much better this game (the subwoofers were fixed after blowing during pregame of last game).

Video production was much improved.

+ Reply to Thread