+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Story on Cardinals-Dodgers

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Story on Cardinals-Dodgers

I know I don't have too many fellow StLCardinals fanatics on this board, but this story from the Post-
    Dispatch is a bit of fine sports writing, the like of which we don't see much any more.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...dd165832a.html
    Good old Memorial Gym

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Story on Cardinals-Dodgers

Cardinal fan here.

Couldn't get the link to finish out. Is it a pay site?

Nothing like great sportswriting! Maybe I can find it another way.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

T-Mo. The link opened for me when I checked it again this morning, but it had added a pop-up,one question quiz you must answer before it allowed you to get the rest of the story after the lead. There is no catch to this. Just answer the question and it lets you view the rest of the story. The Post-Dispatch has gone to this recently as a means of gaining income for their on-line edition.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Ah. I like that method.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I had a tough time deciding what baseball cap to wear with my Tech shirt today - KC or Baltimore. I finally decided it's going to be the blue hat to go with my blue shirt. The Cards and Giants hats will not come out this year. Go Royals!

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I had a tough time deciding what baseball cap to wear with my Tech shirt today - KC or Baltimore. I finally decided it's going to be the blue hat to go with my blue shirt. The Cards and Giants hats will not come out this year. Go Royals!
    You have a Cardinals hat? I am impressed! The Royals are a fun team to watch.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    You have a Cardinals hat? I am impressed! The Royals are a fun team to watch.
    I never collected MLB caps, just logo baseballs. However, I do have 5 of the 30 caps.

Got Houston, KC, and Baltimore caps at their ballparks. Houston was my favorite NL team, but I couldn't decide between the Royals and Orioles as an AL favorite. Last year, I found Cleveland and St. Louis caps for 2 or 3 dollars at a Goodwill store and made an impulse purchase. I've never worn the Indians or Cards caps.

Maybe those 5 caps can be the start of a MLB cap collection? If so, I'll have to convince my wife to make a trip to games at all the ballparks for me to buy caps. She's agreed to go to Wrigley with me to buy a Cubs cap since they are my new favorite NL team. We haven't found a good time the last couple of seasons, but I'm looking at getting Cards @ Cubs tickets for July 6th-8th, 2015. Astros @ Cubs aren't on the 2015 schedule.

A daunting task faces the organization, but Astros' young guys look good.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Go O's!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

That was a great article. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

+ Reply to Thread