+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Les Miles Transcript/Monday Presser

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Les Miles Transcript/Monday Presser

starting to wonder what kind of grass he's really eating. are coaches subject to drug screens??

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I wish you guys would quit bashing the "Wal Mart Fans". Aren't those the fans we're trying to reach, too? If we had a few thousand maybe we could fill our stadium every once in a while and sell some paraphanalia. Obviously our fan base is too small if we just rely on alumni.
    Well part of the issue is that most of them are 3rd or 4th generation Walmart fans (many of the ones I know at least). Sure, we'd like to have them, but they're by no means neutral, they're an army arrayed against us.

If they were truly neutral, with no alma mater, they'd probably pick the nearest university that's done the most for the local community, not some massive mothership 300 miles away that's sucked the life from the economy of N La.

Hell, it's so bad I even appreciate when NLU alumni wear NLU gear. In this case, at least, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

The transcript kind of reminded me of that Miss America contestant a few years ago.

He's a ramblin' guy. Ramblin', ramblin', ramblin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htTLW...yer_detailpage

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I have successfully converted a couple of those fans myself to Tech Fans and they still ask me if they well see me at the games. So don't give up. Every team wants those casual fans -- parents of students (parents didn't attend any college maybe), etc. Being condescending and calling them Wal Mart fans doesn't help, even if they are wearing purple and puke. If we make fun of Wal Mart LSU fans, they hear the Wal Mart part and not the LSU part and get the impression we really don't want them as fans.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

When other people don't show up for a TECH game...my brother and I look at each other and say, "Well, we are TECH grads and we are here...so the true fans are here!!"

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

You think they have a chance to play up here ? They may get the Tech Treatment...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I wish you guys would quit bashing the "Wal Mart Fans". Aren't those the fans we're trying to reach, too? If we had a few thousand maybe we could fill our stadium every once in a while and sell some paraphanalia. Obviously our fan base is too small if we just rely on alumni.
    We want to get our bandwagon fans from Target.

Varsity Bulldog 1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Well part of the issue is that most of them are 3rd or 4th generation Walmart fans (many of the ones I know at least). Sure, we'd like to have them, but they're by no means neutral, they're an army arrayed against us.

If they were truly neutral, with no alma mater, they'd probably pick the nearest university that's done the most for the local community, not some massive mothership 300 miles away that's sucked the life from the economy of N La.

Hell, it's so bad I even appreciate when NLU alumni wear NLU gear. In this case, at least, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    It is just as bad here in S. La (SWLA to be precise)...At least here W-M & Academy & Dicks do have McNeese gear to go with the Saints gear and ABUNDANCE of LSU stuff....when we are in Ruston almost impossible to see Tech gear even in W-M (they have some - maybe pre-season is better) - seems LSU and the local high schools fare better. Hibbert seem to be in bed with LSU !

Dollar General / Family Dollar / 7Eleven - you name it LSU signs their fans up there....Do we need more fans, yep - but those that live thru good times and bad (hopefully less bad) - not just because on TV and it is overhyped. Self-claimed "Flagship" is half the issue...especially when you then have the No.1 rated & ranked most hated fans....the "in your face" merchandise sways those "WM fans" - even when they do have a local team that needs their support. 120 miles - 300 miles, may as well be 1 mile in the eyes of the purple & puke brigade. The fact that they are on TV at same time as your local college game (regardless of your college) causes you to stay home is testament to why all the other La colleges will suffer to grow fanbase...and that even means from people who have an alma mater and it IS from the local college and not from Baton Rouge High !!!!

Soap box - yes....getting down...never from this subject

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    We want to get our bandwagon fans from Target.
    Exactly! LMAO

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

When it comes to Les, you can get a better but you can't pay more. If he tries to get LSU to match offers again he may be told to walk.

+ Reply to Thread