+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poverty Point Preservation Golf Scramble

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Poverty Point Preservation Golf Scramble

For those of you who were bored this weekend because Tech didn't play, here is a remedy for October 28. It is a golf scramble to raise money for the Poverty Point site. For those of you who are not aware of it, there was an acient civilization dating almost 2,000 years before Christ in northeast Louisiana. The site just joined the ranks of Stonehinge by being designated a World Heritage Site. It has the third tallest Indian mound in North America. Here is a depiction to give you an idea of what it was like:

image.jpg

Less than 1% of the site has been excavated. Also, erosion is threatening the site.

A golf scramble is being held on October 28 to raise money to preserve the site. If you are a golfer, I would ask you to consider making this your fix for the weekend.

The details for the tournament will be found in the following attachment.

Attachment 11913
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 10-12-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Poverty Point Preservation Golf Scramble

Re: Poverty Point Preservation Golf Scramble

I was brain dead before and couldn't figure out how to change a PDF to a JPEG on my iPad. That's why it only gave a link I think. Anyway, I'm so pleased with shelf now. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread