+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/1: Western Kentucky Gametime - 2 PM

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Western Kentucky Gametime

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    ...game day experience? There is no time for a game day experience.
    Replace whiskey and beer with bloodies and mimosas. Problem solved.

As someone who gets there at 8am every Saturday, getting there at 7am is no big deal and kind of a relief since I will have the rest of the day to do other things besides break down a tailgate. If we have less than 20,000 there, I'll change my opinion.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Replace whiskey and beer with bloodies and mimosas. Problem solved.

As someone who gets there at 8am every Saturday, getting there at 7am is no big deal and kind of a relief since I will have the rest of the day to do other things besides break down a tailgate. If we have less than 20,000 there, I'll change my opinion.
    Amen, brother. Sausage/egg/cheese biscuits and BM's. Good combo.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Amen, brother. Sausage/egg/cheese biscuits and BM's. Good combo.
    Probably not a good thing to abbreviate...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Sausage/egg/cheese biscuits and BM's.
    I guess so -- if that's what gets things moving for you.

I personally prefer to have my .... errr, reading time after a nice cup of coffee.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I guess so -- if that's what gets things moving for you.

I personally prefer to have my .... errr, reading time after a nice cup of coffee.
    Or as my dad fondly refers to it -

Contemplating the events of the coming day....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar

I am a little disappointed in this group...

Get there early, tailgate pre-game, game time, then tailgate post game. Game is over around 2:00, so what? Re-fire the grill with burgers, brawts, wings, steaks etc and listen to post game while watching whatever game is on in the afternoon. Enjoy a late lunch in the beautiful Ruston fall air and spend the late afternoon walking around campus. Then enjoy the night games at the Dawg House. (This will be my plan if it is a 11:00 homecoming game)

GO DAWGS!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I like early games - more in the 3 ish neighborhood but this weekend works out perfect for me at 11:00

Earlier this summer a night time golf tourney was rained out and rescheduled for the 18th

Now due to the tv game time - I will be go to ballgame, have a great time and then make it to the 5:00 pm tee time

Good KARMA!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GODAWGSGO View Post
    I am a little disappointed in this group...

Get there early, tailgate pre-game, game time, then tailgate post game. Game is over around 2:00, so what? Re-fire the grill with burgers, brawts, wings, steaks etc and listen to post game while watching whatever game is on in the afternoon. Enjoy a late lunch in the beautiful Ruston fall air and spend the late afternoon walking around campus. Then enjoy the night games at the Dawg House. (This will be my plan if it is a 11:00 homecoming game)

GO DAWGS!
    Good to see you on the board. Glad you'll be making it down this year.

(But you know that "Ruston fall air" could mean either 85 and muggy or 45 and raining. Or anything in between.)

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I like early games - more in the 3 ish neighborhood but this weekend works out perfect for me at 11:00

Earlier this summer a night time golf tourney was rained out and rescheduled for the 18th

Now due to the tv game time - I will be go to ballgame, have a great time and then make it to the 5:00 pm tee time

Good KARMA!
    WWOOO WWHOOO!!!! Just ordered these bad boys...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    "The most tangible benefit of playing at 11 a.m. is that it allows us to be a member of C-USA. This is something Tech has no control over (unlike our twitter account) so there's really nothing we can do about it. The diehards and students just have to suck it up, show up, and do our best to make the most of the game day experience."

...game day experience? There is no time for a game day experience, there is only time to get to the game and go into the game and hopefully enjoy the game. Take away the "diehards and students" how many people will you have? I agree one game @ 11:00 is not fun but it's part of who we all are in college football these days. but if we end up with 3 of 5 home games at 11, you are going to start losing some of those diehards who have put money and a lot of time to turn the parking lot of JAS into the game day experience. They are the game day experience and will continue to be the heart of it.
    Which is why I said the diehards and students need to suck it up, show up, and make the most of it. #EmbraceTheSuck. The Big Ten and others have been playing these early games forever. There's nothing we can do about the game time. The only game times that we will control from here on out are games against FCS opponents. All of our FBS game times will be at the mercy of TV execs.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 10-14-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

From the Alumni Association:
    Bulldog Fans,
    Join us at the Argent Pavilion this Saturday from 9 to 10:30 a.m. for tailgating as we get ready to cheer on the Dogs as they take on the UTSA Roadrunners! We will have sausage dogs provided by McCain Farms. Kickoff is at 11 a.m., so wear your Tech blue and join us in supporting the Bulldogs as they take on UTSA!

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

I hope they have plenty of port-a-potties for the "BM's".......

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkly View Post
    Is this game Homecoming?
    No. I believe kickoff for homecoming is 5:30 a.m. and will be on ESPN Ocho.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    For a 6pm kickoff, I arrive around 9am. WTH am I supposed to do with a 11am? 3pm is bad enough.
    THIS!!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

You put on your big boy panties. He if bvdv were still herr we'd get better kickoffs since he was on the TV committee . . . . . not!

Now, if we can get somebody strategically planted in the GameDay background with a Tech logo with our kickoff time we can go straight from Lee Corso's hat dance pick at 10:57 and our 11 am kickoff.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread