+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Team in LA

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

NFL Team in LA

This has been discussed before, but it looks like an NFL team might actually move to LA before next season. So, what is your prediction for how it all goes down?

I'm sticking with my original prediction that the Rams move back to LA, but I also think the Jaguars will take their vacated spot in St. Louis. Whenever you talk to LA football fans (yes, there is such a thing) they all say that the only team they want is the Rams. They don't get into the talk of other teams moving there.

But, St. Louis is a good football town and I wouldn't expect their stadium to sit empty for long. And, since Shahid Khan (a St. Louis guy) bought the Jags in 2011, it just seems logical that they would move to StL.

The Chargers will probably just stay where they are, but will fight for a new stadium. The Raiders are a bit of a wildcard in all of this. They want to get out of the over-flowing sewer that is the Oakland Coliseum, but they can't get funding for a new place. So, maybe they move back to LA too. Maybe they don't. Either way, they will still be a crappy team with a lot of thuggish fans.

Your prediction?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: NFL Team in LA

It would suck not having the Rams in the Edward Jones Dome. I had not heard of Jax moving to StL. Why would that make sense?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    It would suck not having the Rams in the Edward Jones Dome. I had not heard of Jax moving to StL. Why would that make sense?
    It's just a theory of mine. There has been talk of the Jags moving because of weak fan support, and if the Rams move, then St. Louis would be the most likely place for them to go. Shad Khan lives in St. Louis and tried to buy part of the Rams before he actually bought the Jags, so having his team in St. Louis would make sense. St. Louis is a good football city, and I doubt they would sit idle for long.

I'm old enough to remember the Los Angeles Rams, so seeing them back in LA would actually be kind of cool.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

When I read the thread title I thought that this was a thread about the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Ha! Different debate, bro.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I think the Los Angeles Saints has a nice ring to it. :icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I think the Los Angeles Saints has a nice ring to it. :icon_wink:
    If Jerry Jones hadn't been run out of Arkansas it could have been the Arkansas or Oklahoma Cowboys.

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Raiders folks have toured the Alamodome twice and are conducting feasibility studies now to see if the SATX Austin area would support a team. Probably blowing smoke up our asses but they are looking.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    If Jerry Jones hadn't been run out of Arkansas it could have been the Arkansas or Oklahoma Cowboys.
    Now be honest........which scenario has the best chance of really happening? The Los Angeles Saints!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Jax to London. Raiders to L.A. Raiders are the most popular team in L.A. By a long shot. NFL wants London bad. If they aren't ready yet than NFL might look at San Antonio and then we'll see how much pull Jerry has because he will fight that tooth and nail. Either way in a few years someone will be in L.A. And Jax will not have a team anymore.

I can't see anyone moving to San Antonio because Jerry wouldn't be the only one complaining. Bob McNair of the Texans wouldn't want it and while Tom Benson isn't going to move the Saints there, he would vote against it. The three of them could easily lobby several other owners into voting against having a team there.

The Raiders are a strong possibility for LA, but I started having doubts a few weeks ago when Mark Davis publicly said that the Raiders would be willing to switch to the NFC if they moved to LA. That sounds like a guy who knows he doesn't have the votes and is trying to use the media to lobby for him in some goofy way.

Regardless of what happens in LA, I think the Jaguars will be on the move when the dust settles. There has been talk of moving them to Los Angeles, but LA fans don't want them. My guess is that they will fill the vacated spot in St. Louis, but they will likely move somewhere. Much like presidents vote on conference realignment, owners vote on NFL realignment. With Stan Kronke (Rams owner) being an LA guy, and Shad Khan (Jags owner) being a St. Louis guy, this all looks like an easy thing to pull off.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    They are in El Ay, ya know.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

San Antonio really doesn't have the money. Of course, New Orleans doesn't really either. I'm surprised Jax isn't the top of the rumor list on the L.A. spot. The Rams wouldn't shock me if they had a stadium guaranteed.

+ Reply to Thread