+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This time last season...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

This time last season...

We played, perhaps, the most pivotal game of the year and lost to North Texas. It can be argued that the team got progressively weaker and fragmented as the season wore on. It seems to me this game could be season-defining. Several factors appear to be trending upward--Sokol, receivers, healthy rb's, DEFENSE. We will be at about full strength in terms of health. Playmakers have emerged throughout. Are we poised to move beyond merely competitive in CUSA and assert ourselves as a dominant force in the western division?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: This time last season...

Yes. This is a well-rounded team.....when they don't turn the ball over five times in a game. We will beat UTSA pretty convincingly. Western Kentucky's passing game will be the next big test.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think UTSA is as formidable as Western Kentucky. I'm glad we have both at home.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    We played, perhaps, the most pivotal game of the year and lost to North Texas. It can be argued that the team got progressively weaker and fragmented as the season wore on. It seems to me this game could be season-defining. Several factors appear to be trending upward--Sokol, receivers, healthy rb's, DEFENSE. We will be at about full strength in terms of health. Playmakers have emerged throughout. Are we poised to move beyond merely competitive in CUSA and assert ourselves as a dominant force in the western division?
    I was thinking the same thing. After today we are either 3-0 and looking like a champion or 2-1 and looking like just another middle of the pack CUSA team. Big game!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I still have high expectations from what we saw vs. LaLaff, UNT, and UTEP, but we are already a much better team than most of us ever dreamed we'd be (except for some of the sunshine jumpers like T1, Boxer, and a couple of the old farts. :icon_wink

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we would be much improved, but I never dreamed we would be THIS good either.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

This team has exceeded my expectations to this point. That being said I'm still disappointed that this team is one boneheaded play (pick one) from being 4-2 at this point. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, because if this team comes to play there isn't a team left on their schedule that they can't beat.

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Yes. This is a well-rounded team.....when they don't turn the ball over five times in a game. We will beat UTSA pretty convincingly. Western Kentucky's passing game will be the next big test.
    When was the last time we had a well-rounded team??? I think this has been the key to the season, thus far. I am a huge Diaz fan - coaching a tough, competent defense. So recent are my memories of "well they should just lob it up, because there is no way our dbs can cover anyone." Our entire defensive talent level did not change over night, the coaching variable has to be significant.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I thought we would be much improved, but I never dreamed we would be THIS good either.
    I saw the old Holtz today. Bad offensive calls and VERY poor clock management. Also, kept his best player on the field for much longer than he should have. He just can't do right.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I saw the old Holtz today. Bad offensive calls and VERY poor clock management. Also, kept his best player on the field for much longer than he should have. He just can't do right.
    Not really the old Holtz since Petersen was calling plays last year, but I agree the play calling was suspect today. Holtz did say UTSA surprised them with man coverage because they have been running zone this year, so that's why we took so many shots down the field. I thought Hunter and Trent would have big days going in, but they were absent today, for the most part. Also, no jet sweeps? I thought that would be a part of the game plan. But UTSA has a stout defense and play-calling always looks better against weak defenses and worse against good defenses. UTSA had some tight coverage and we dropped about 3 or 4 easy passes. Offense took a step back though, and I'm concerned about it. Hope it was "just" play calling mistakes against a strong defense.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Turner out...Seay out...Griffin banged up during game...had to pull red shirt off Watts and he did not make a difference. We had two true freshman and a sophomore at the WR positions half the game. Need those guys to get healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Turner out...Seay out...Griffin banged up during game...had to pull red shirt off Watts and he did not make a difference. We had two true freshman and a sophomore at the WR positions half the game. Need those guys to get healthy.
    Silly to pull the shirt off Watts or anybody today. He had RS freshman he could have used. What do you expect from a guy who gets so involved in arguing with the refs that he forgets he has 3 timeouts to use?

Some of our fans still believe Holtz was not calling the plays last year.

Holtz must have gone to a clinic in the off-season. Play calling is night and day from last year.

Holtz must have gone to a clinic in the off-season. Play calling is night and day from last year.
    Not today. Today was almost identical to some of the crap we saw last year. He REFUSED to run to the left side today. He INSISTED on running toward the baddest DE in C-USA the entire game. How could he justify that? Never even tried a bootleg...

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

We have a QB this year.

+ Reply to Thread