+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This time last season...

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: This time last season...

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Silly to pull the shirt off Watts or anybody today. He had RS freshman he could have used. What do you expect from a guy who gets so involved in arguing with the refs that he forgets he has 3 timeouts to use?

Some of our fans still believe Holtz was not calling the plays last year.
    Can't argue with any of that. And I don't believe for a second that Petersen was allowed to run his offense last year.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    We have a QB this year.
    So it wasn't play calling last year?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    So it wasn't play calling last year?
    It was a hundred things last year.

That said, you don't think play calling is effected by QB talent/experience??

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Last year was a mixture of terrible QB play and unbelievably bad play calling. When facing man coverage you run slants and crossing routes to gain separation. Running Dixon until he drops looked a lot like last year. I am very excited about the D and equally disappointed in the Offense, especially the play calling. Could have been a comfortable win instead of a one possession game. Also special teams sucked again and almost cost us the game. Glad we won but I am less confident moving forward.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree. It was maddening to hear over and over that Holtz was holding the offense back because he was too conservative last year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    We played, perhaps, the most pivotal game of the year and lost to North Texas. It can be argued that the team got progressively weaker and fragmented as the season wore on. It seems to me this game could be season-defining. Several factors appear to be trending upward--Sokol, receivers, healthy rb's, DEFENSE. We will be at about full strength in terms of health. Playmakers have emerged throughout. Are we poised to move beyond merely competitive in CUSA and assert ourselves as a dominant force in the western division?
    I don't know what game YOU watched today, but Sokol was awful. Despite having receivers wide open on many occasions, he repeatedly found ways to throw into double and triple coverage. I would call Sokol' progress anything but trending up.

And Kenneth Dixon needs to learn to shut his mouth. That kid has got a trash talking mouth on him that needs to be shut. He's often the root cause of many of our "unsportsmanlike conduct" calls. His mouth and attitude were in overdrive today.

I'm tired of the stupid penalties. This team was VERY undisciplined today, and much if it comes back to Dixons' poor leadership today.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Not today. Today was almost identical to some of the crap we saw last year. He REFUSED to run to the left side today. He INSISTED on running toward the baddest DE in C-USA the entire game. How could he justify that? Never even tried a bootleg...
    BINGO!!! Not one bootleg today, despite Sokol's easy bootleg TD 2 weeks ago against UTEP. Holtz also refused to throw to the MIDDLE of the field today. No slants, no crossing routes, no post patterns. I'm talking passes LONGER than 5 yards down field, and shorter than the two 35 yarders we threw.

Today Holtz stuck with the bubble screens and long sideline passes again. It was 2013 all over again. Doesn't Holtz know there's a whole section of the field --"the middle-- that he's ignoring? For God's sake, somebody please tell him!!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

So, 99 graduated seniors and bad play calling?

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I don't know what game YOU watched today, but Sokol was awful. Despite having receivers wide open on many occasions, he repeatedly found ways to throw into double and triple coverage. I would call Sokol' progress anything but trending up.

And Kenneth Dixon needs to learn to shut his mouth. That kid has got a trash talking mouth on him that needs to be shut. He's often the root cause of many of our "unsportsmanlike conduct" calls. His mouth and attitude were in overdrive today.

I'm tired of the stupid penalties. This team was VERY undisciplined today, and much if it comes back to Dixons' poor leadership today.
    I won't call out the player but I watched one of our guys slap a UTSA player. We got unsportsmanship call and SH rightfully got very upset. It was really disappointing that we stooped to that level in this game (was multiple players on our side too). It was on both sides but we should keep our cool and not let that get to us.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the old Holtz today. Bad offensive calls and VERY poor clock management. Also, kept his best player on the field for much longer than he should have. He just can't do right.
    Blake Martin must still be hurt. Sokol seems to have been off the last couple games. Did you think the officiating was terrible?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Comprehend much?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Comprehend much?
    The blue?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So, 99 graduated seniors and bad play calling?
    Greatness!

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    . Did you think the officiating was terrible?
    Yes

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Holtz said after the game that utsa had played zone all year and blitzed very little...until yesterday! They blitzed on practically every play from somewhere and played man. They weren't expecting that and thus the struggles offensively. Combine that with the bye week and I think we were just a little off. I did think we were a little vanilla on offense and called a series of terrible plays on the goal line, which Holtz owned. Overall, no worries I look for us to bounce back next week at usm and play better on offense.

+ Reply to Thread