+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 Bowl Chatter and Predictions

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 2014-15 Bowl Chatter and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    The Independence Bowl outranks HOF this year:

higher payout
    better time slot
    better TV--2:30 pm, Saturday, ABC
    Yeah, this would be a great year to play in Indy, although I'm salivating over the possibility of playing Michigan in the Cotton Bowl Stadium. Location, opponent, TV, time, and date are important, but I think the payout doesn't matter. The secondary agreement won't be as much as the primary contracted payout. I haven't been able to find the C-USA codebook, but I assume the payout goes to the conference for distribution and reimbursement, not directly to the participating school.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understood, the CUSA champ gets their pick of whichever contract bowl, and then the runner-up gets to pick, and so on.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    From what I understood, the CUSA champ gets their pick of whichever contract bowl, and then the runner-up gets to pick, and so on.
    Just the champ gets to pick their bowl game if they aren't the highest ranked G5 champ that gets to go to one of the big 6 bowls. Currently, Marshall trails ECU in that race. After the champ gets their pick, then the rest of the C-USA teams are placed by Banowsky and the bowl committees.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Just the champ gets to pick their bowl game if they aren't the highest ranked G5 champ that gets to go to one of the big 6 bowls. Currently, Marshall trails ECU in that race. After the champ gets their pick, then the rest of the C-USA teams are placed by Banowsky and the bowl committees.
    Gotcha. I just do *not* wanna play in the I-bowl...they don't deserve it.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

It's not about "them" it's about us. With Duck Commander being the new sponsor, along with the excellent date/time, TV coverage--the IBowl outranks any other tie-in CUSA has.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I just want to play in a bowl
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

It's not about "them" it's about us. With Duck Commander being the new sponsor, along with the excellent date/time, TV coverage--the IBowl outranks any other tie-in CUSA has.
    What does DC have to do with it? Still dont like it, and dont know how its better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yea. At least we will hold the cards this time (assuming bowl-eligible) as we have the tie-in.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    +1

Baby steps.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

What does DC have to do with it? Still dont like it, and dont know how its better.
    Those guys attract a certain "niche" demographic that overlaps our fanbase. It's a good way to win over more regional fans.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not about how the I-Bowl "deserves", it's about the best way to promote Tech football and Louisiana Tech.

A bowl game against Michigan at the Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas would be a great place for Tech. However, a bowl game on a Saturday afternoon timeslot on ABC against an ACC team (possibly) with Duck Commander and the Robertson family attached to it is also a great opportunity to draw eyeballs on the university.

Those guys attract a certain "niche" demographic that overlaps our fanbase. It's a good way to win over more regional fans.
    Good point, but it'll still be in Shreveport and a tiger...errr pilot....doesn't change his stripes.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Good point, but it'll still be in Shreveport and a tiger...errr pilot....doesn't change his stripes.
    It can happen, Blue Dawg. If Tech doesn't try to win the hearts and minds of Shreveport and Bossier City, then it will never happen. If Tech tries to win over that fanbase, sure they could fail...but they could also succeed.

The LaTech brand is much more prominent in North Bossier (where I reside) than 10 years ago. There are many who maintain a vicarious attachment to LSU out of habit. They have no real connection to the institution. They can be won over. LaTech is one of the few places where it's easy to get "in".

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    It can happen, Blue Dawg. If Tech doesn't try to win the hearts and minds of Shreveport and Bossier City, then it will never happen. If Tech tries to win over that fanbase, sure they could fail...but they could also succeed.
    The LaTech brand is much more prominent in North Bossier (where I reside) than 10 years ago. There are many who maintain a vicarious attachment to LSU out of habit. They have no real connection to the institution. They can be won over. LaTech is one of the few places where it's easy to get "in".
    You make good points. I retain the right to be grumpy about it in the event we play it.

+ Reply to Thread