+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 Bowl Chatter and Predictions

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: 2014-15 Bowl Chatter and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Those guys attract a certain "niche" demographic that overlaps our fanbase. It's a good way to win over more regional fans.
    Plus this game is on a Saturday afternoon this year and has now been moved to ABC.
    THIS is the year we should want to play at this bowl. The locals will be out for this one, the NATIONAL audience will see the kickoff at 2:30, and DC brings a whole story & demo should we be playing in it. ESPN(ABC) will want it. Should we win 6+ games, and either the SEC or ACC not fullfill, I think we will end up there. And I think it would be good for us.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

I could see ABC/ESPN, Marshall, and I-Bowl interested in matching up an undefeated Marshall team against an ACC team in this spot.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    I could see ABC/ESPN, Marshall, and I-Bowl interested in matching up an undefeated Marshall team against an ACC team in this spot.
    If Marshall is undefeated, they won't be in the mix.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

If Marshall is undefeated, they won't be in the mix.
    They will be in the mix if ECU wins out.

In that case, Marshall would have a very interesting decision on their hands. It'd all be in their court. What would they choose? I have no idea. Strongest opponent? Biggest name? Would that be in Dallas or Shreveport if available? Boca to play in Florida where they heavily recruit? Reward themselves with a vacation to the islands of Hawai'i or the Bahamas?

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

Would the I-Bowl folks want us? Has the new administration mended that fence? I agree with Boxer that this would be a good bowl for us this year but isn't the view of the Indy people one that we slighted them?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    They will be in the mix if ECU wins out.

In that case, Marshall would have a very interesting decision on their hands. It'd all be in their court. What would they choose? I have no idea. Strongest opponent? Biggest name? Would that be in Dallas or Shreveport if available? Boca to play in Florida where they heavily recruit? Reward themselves with a vacation to the islands of Hawai'i or the Bahamas?
    Does the AAC have a championship game? CUSA has outplayed AAC head-to-head, that might also play into the final rankings.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportkid View Post
    Would the I-Bowl folks want us? Has the new administration mended that fence? I agree with Boxer that this would be a good bowl for us this year but isn't the view of the Indy people one that we slighted them?
    Yes. They would desperately need us. If not us, they're likely stuck with schools like Rice, UAB, Middle Tennessee, and UTSA.

Quote Originally Posted by sportkid View Post
    I think we're a good fallback option for them. Not waiting hurt the bowl as much as it hurt Tech. The Ohio-ULM match-up damn near killed the entire thing.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Just accept a damn bid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does the AAC have a championship game? CUSA has outplayed AAC head-to-head, that might also play into the final rankings.
    Nope, not til next year when Navy joins. ECU has a 5-place lead on Marshall right now. They only way I see Marshall jumping ECU is if ECU loses.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Don't get me wrong. I want what will be best for Tech. If it's between a bigger payout in Dallas vs the I-Bowl I'm all for the Heart of Dallas Bowl. 100%!
    And considering the rumor that DC didn't sponsor with cash I expect the I-Bowl to look at lessoning their payout.

Nope, not til next year when Navy joins. ECU has a 5-place lead on Marshall right now. They only way I see Marshall jumping ECU is if ECU loses.
    An undefeated Marshall team (with a win in a conference championship) stands a legit chance of jumping them imo.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The Independence Bowl outranks HOF this year:

higher payout
    better time slot
    better TV--2:30 pm, Saturday, ABC
    What is HOF? Are you referring to the HOD Bowl in Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What is HOF? Are you referring to the HOD Bowl in Dallas?
    yes, my bad

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Technically the poll used to determine this has not come out yet. It's entirely possible that the committee is unimpressed by ECU. That said it is more likely that Marshall is considered less impressive.

+ Reply to Thread