+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rivalry

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Great post 967. The other post by TTechas said get out of Natchitoches and get over it!!! Easier said...I live here!!!! I wear my TECH gear all the time...so they know I'm a TECH fan!!! I have moved on about that game....but the NWST fans have not. I get ribbed about it almost every day. I guess I'll just have to embrace the suck!
    They have no idea how important....no, "important" doesn't cover it. There may not be a term to capture what beating Tech in anything means to NSU. And, it's not just athletics. It's in everything. NSU compares itself to Tech across the board. And ANY favorable comparison is celebrated. I mean, let's say Tech's enrollment drops 5% one fall, and NSU's drops 3%. Hell! they'll be high-fiving each other around here and shouting "We wrecked Tech in enrollment!"

I am not exaggerating.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I have some inside info on this "officiating crew" subject, because one of my direct employees is a Head Referee in the Big XII and other conferences on weekends. In fact, he's one of the most respected referees in the country. (He and his crew worked the Thursday night showcase game between Auburn and Kansas St a few weeks ago.)
    If true, that crew has a Tech graduate on it. Saw Donnie Altman at the Tech game that Saturday. He said he had the day off cuz he worked the Auburn-KState game.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Southern is the ONLY Louisiana FCS school we should play in football. Hopefully, they bring their band!
    Sure .... but AFTER we beat the crap outta NSU a few times.

Proposed future FCS opponents
    2015 - NWSt
    2016 - NWSt
    2017 - NWSt
    2018 - NWSt
    2019 - Southern

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Is this true? If so, then T-Mac needs to make sure this particular crew never calls another game at LA Tech. I'm very serious. T-MAC can make this happen.
    30 seconds of research, and you could find out the answer yourself.

NSU:
    Referee: Steve Barth • Umpire: Mike Stephens • Linesman: Jerry Harris • Line judge: Adam Savoie • Back judge: Tom Healey • Field judge: Victor Sanchez • Side judge: Brandon Spencer •

UTEP:
    Referee: Ken Antee • Umpire: Johnnie Forte • Linesman: Stephen Fleming • Line judge: Maia Chaka • Back judge: Folayan Kindred • Field judge: Dan Gautreaux • Side judge: Tony Meyer •

UTSA:
    Referee: Steve Barth • Umpire: Mike Stephens • Linesman: Jerry Harris • Line judge: Scott Held • Back judge: Tom Healey • Field judge: Victor Sanchez • Side judge: Maurice Pierre •

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Sure .... but AFTER we beat the crap outta NSU a few times.

Proposed future FCS opponents
    2015 - NWSt
    2016 - NWSt
    2017 - NWSt
    2018 - NWSt
    2019 - Southern

I agree, but I think 2 years might be enough to shut them up - only if we completely annihilate them, though. We can't even have a close score. Any more than 2 years and they will state it is a rivalry again. This is a fine balance of killing them on the field to shut them up after the embarrassment, without giving anyone the idea that we have a rivalry with a FCS schoo.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree, but I think 2 years might be enough to shut them up - only if we completely annihilate them, though. We can't even have a close score. Any more than 2 years and they will state it is a rivalry again. This is a fine balance of killing them on the field to shut them up after the embarrassment, without giving anyone the idea that we have a rivalry with a FCS schoo.
    I was thinking that this year's RS freshmen should get the chance to beat them senseless each year until they graduate.

I'm thinking that by Year 5, no NSU fans will bother even making the trip. Because in addition to purging any memory of the loss, we also need to to put rest any recollections of "third biggest crowd in JAS history".

We need to establish that, like their chickenhawk brethren, Demon fans might show up once, but quickly lose interest.

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

I am right there with you 70TECHGRAD! It is very hard living in Natchitoches after that game. I am over the game and ready to move on but folks around here do not let you! Got where I tell them they better hold on to that win because that may be all they have left when they shut it down in a couple of years.

Bulldog cnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I was thinking that this year's RS freshmen should get the chance to beat them senseless each year until they graduate.

I'm thinking that by Year 5, no NSU fans will bother even making the trip. Because in addition to purging any memory of the loss, we also need to to put rest any recollections of "third biggest crowd in JAS history".

We need to establish that, like their chickenhawk brethren, Demon fans might show up once, but quickly lose interest.
    I'm in agreement here. Beat them a couple of times...Have the highest attended FCS foes possible (outside of the HBCUs)...Let their interest in Tech wane...Forget about the loss to them forever.

I'm just tired of going into the JAS with less than 20K fans. I'm about at the point where I'd be willing to play anyone as long as it's close to a sellout crowd. It's more money for Tech and more fun/electric for fans.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    30 seconds of research, and you could find out the answer yourself.

NSU:
    Referee: Steve Barth • Umpire: Mike Stephens • Linesman: Jerry Harris • Line judge: Adam Savoie • Back judge: Tom Healey • Field judge: Victor Sanchez • Side judge: Brandon Spencer •

UTEP:
    Referee: Ken Antee • Umpire: Johnnie Forte • Linesman: Stephen Fleming • Line judge: Maia Chaka • Back judge: Folayan Kindred • Field judge: Dan Gautreaux • Side judge: Tony Meyer •

UTSA:
    Referee: Steve Barth • Umpire: Mike Stephens • Linesman: Jerry Harris • Line judge: Scott Held • Back judge: Tom Healey • Field judge: Victor Sanchez • Side judge: Maurice Pierre •
    Thanks for your 30-second investment. I guess you missed the point. I didn't need to verify the fact that the same crew worked both games. I actually believed the poster.

Rather, my comment, "is that true?" was a rhetorical comment, and a prelude to the bigger point about our AD making sure the same crew never works another game in Ruston.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

the bigger point about our AD making sure the same crew never works another game
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

+ Reply to Thread