+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Typical ULM Grad

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Typical ULM Grad

phil would do the same if anyone wanted him

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Louisiana has a unique situation compared to other states in the South. Mississippi and Alabama have options in college football. Texas, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee have options in pro sports and college football. Arkansas only had one real in-state option in college football until very recently. Louisiana has UL-Lafayette, Louisiana Tech, UL-Monroe, and Tulane who have all had some degree of success the last five years, but the majority of the state still goes with LSU.
    Power conference affiliation is the determining factor. ULM could have been undefeated before their game last night against Texas State and there still wouldn't have been a sizable number of people wanting to watch the game.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Like Arkansas, there isn't much in the way of big time sports in SC. Yeah, Clemson is also there, and they have a huge following too. But SC is THE state school. I think only those with a connection to Clemson (alums, etc) root for Clemson.
    So . . . . statewide why are all the university apparel/souvenir shops (especially in Columbia) split right down the middle. SC merchandise on the left half, Clems'n merchandise on the right half.

Yes, Carolina may be the STATE school, but why is there so much orange in their home territory?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Power leagues and tv...if tech was in power 5 or snyone lsu have competition

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Power leagues and tv...if tech was in power 5 or snyone lsu have competition
    shut up ulm fan

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And during their 22-game losing streak, South Carolina continue to sell out every game. When the streak had hit 12 or 13 in a row, SC's version of Dave Nitz said, no need to panic. Well...if we lose to Furman (which was the homecoming game that year), you can panic. First words out of their radio guy's mouth, several weeks later, after they lost to Furman: "Okay, Gamecock fans....panic!"

Like Arkansas, there isn't much in the way of big time sports in SC. Yeah, Clemson is also there, and they have a huge following too. But SC is THE state school. I think only those with a connection to Clemson (alums, etc) root for Clemson.
    BUT the difference between that and the Tech/LSU situation is that Clemson alum/fans/supporters wouldn't be caught DEAD cheering for SC or wearing their apparel and SC alum/fans/supporters wouldn't be caught DEAD cheering for Clemson or wearing their apparel. There are quite literally thousands of LA Tech alum that don't even have a clue we still play football and will throw the purple and piss on every week and make the trek down to Baton Rouge to support "their" LSU Tigers. I always tell these people "remember what your diploma says", but they never do.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I don't believe any other state has the "issues" our residents have in this area. It's more than just entertainment. It's lack of pride and character.

BTW, I love that new word..."disabuse".:icon_wink:
    This summer while flying from Houston to San Francisco the gentleman sitting next to me was a UAB grad. I brought up the fact now that Tech is in CUSA we would be playing each other every year or two. He said he doesn't follow UAB because he's a big Alabama fan. He couldn't give a clear cut answer as to why he wouldn't follow UAB but basically it was because he didn't to to be left out while everyone else was cheering for Alabama or Auburn.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    This summer while flying from Houston to San Francisco the gentleman sitting next to me was a UAB grad. I brought up the fact now that Tech is in CUSA we would be playing each other every year or two. He said he doesn't follow UAB because he's a big Alabama fan. He couldn't give a clear cut answer as to why he wouldn't follow UAB but basically it was because he didn't to to be left out while everyone else was cheering for Alabama or Auburn.
    Yep, lots of Tech grads want to be in the lsu kool kids club too. Losing to NSU...

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    A lot of schools have this problem. Any university in Arkansas not located in Fayetteville, any university in Tennessee not located in Knoxville, Oklahoma owns about 80% of their state, etc.

Even Mississippi has this. Tons of USM/JSU/etc grads still cheer for Ole Miss/MSU first because "that's just what you do". In these cases, it's the flagship first, then everyone else in distant 2nd. Generations of people have been brought up to root for the flagship in their respective states because it's just what people do. I was brought up in an LSU family, but made the conscious choice in my teens to switch my allegiance to the school that would provide me with my college education and experience. I've seen more and more people make this choice with their fandom, but it's going to be next to impossible to undo generations of indoctrination of blindly supporting an institution just for the sake of doing so.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

When I was growing up in the late 50s and early 60s LSU and Tulane were the only "big" schools in the state. I went to one LSU game way back in 1961 because it was band night and haven't been since. But it didn't take a lifetime to get me to be a Tech fan only. That's where I went. That's who I cheer for. I will cheer with my friends for their school (except when they're playing Tech). My best friend went to K State and has probably been to as many Tech games with me as he has to K State games (even excluding the Tech K State games) and he is a pretty avid K State fan.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Little Rock has one radio station where the UAF fans can call in and talk about their team from 6 AM-7 PM M-F. They still call in even though their team hasn't won a conference game for the last 2 years.
    Been here 13 years and still don't understand Arkies.

Whether they went to UALR, UCA, ArkSt, or OBU, they all love the Hogs. They hate the Longhorns, but cheer for the Dallas Cowboys. But come baseball season, they root for St. Louis.

Does not compute ...

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

At the UTEP game there was a couple of season ticket holders wearing LSU gear at the Tech game. My wife had to hold me back from giving them a ear full. They should have their tickets revoked.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    At the UTEP game there was a couple of season ticket holders wearing LSU gear at the Tech game. My wife had to hold me back from giving them a ear full. They should have their tickets revoked.
    are they Tech alum? we should welcome anyone who spend money and time at Tech game IMHO.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Whether they went to UALR, UCA, ArkSt, or OBU, they all love the Hogs. They hate the Longhorns, but cheer for the Dallas Cowboys. But come baseball season, they root for St. Louis.

Does not compute ...
    Born and raised in Arkansas...

Remember there are no major league teams in Arkansas, so Arkansans gravitate toward the nearest team almost by default.

The Texas Longhorns were longtime rivals of Arkansas going back to the old Southwest Conference, so that explains the hatred of the Longhorns by Arkansas.

The Dallas Cowboys were (and still are) the nearest NFL team to the state of Arkansas. They were America's Team in the 1970s and early 1980s. In the late 80s and early 90s, Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson arrived in Dallas. Jones and Johnson were teammates on the UofA football team in the 1960s. Also, there was no team in Nashville until the 90s plus the New Orleans Saints & St. Louis (now Arizona) Cardinals sucked most of the time.

The St. Louis Cardinals are the closest MLB team to Arkansas. The Texas Rangers until recently sucked as a franchise, and the Houston Astros are four hours away from the Arkansas-Louisiana state line.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Does not compute ...
    KMOX radio. Listened to Harry Caray, Jack Buck almost every night on clear channel.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread