+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost My Doctor Because of Obamacare

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Lost My Doctor Because of Obamacare

I lost my family doctor because of obamacare. When I tried to get an appointment yesterday, they told me that the clinic would no longer take United Health Care Medicare Advantage. The first clinic I have tried for another doctor told me they were not taking medicare patients. So, all the bad things you have heard about obamacare are true as expected. Please vote Republican in the upcoming election so we can repeal this crap.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Lost My Doctor Because of Obamacare

I didn't ask. I'm going to try to find a young doctor that's just getting started and maybe he/she will take me.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Are you actually in conway?

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Are you actually in conway?
    Yes, I live inside the city limits.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

United's provider directory states they have no participating providers with their medicare advantage plan in your area. I imagine the local hospital also does not accept it.

Option 1: travel. (i don't see this plan available in Little Rock either)
    Option 2: get a new plan. United does offer other plans in the area.
    Option 3: go to a provider who accepts Medicare and offer to pay in cash what Medicare pays. negotiate. Ask them what E&M code they are coding your encounter.

If you see a new doctor, Medicare in Arkansas pays:

99201 Level 1 - $39.31
    99202 Level 2 - $68.05
    99203 Level 3 - $98.76
    99204 Level 4 - $152.66
    99205 Level 5 - $191.04

If you can negotiate this with your existing doctor, the Medicare payment would be:

99211 Level 1 - $18.10
    99212 Level 2 - $39.62
    99213 Level 3 - $67.00
    99214 Level 4 - $99.24
    99215 Level 5 - $133.41

They may ask for an additional $20 worth of a copay, but don't mention it...they probably don't know what they are doing. Plus, you can tell them they won't have the expense of filing a claim since you are paying cash. And, they get their money today without waiting for Medicare/insurance xyz to file it and send payment.

Most likely they will code you a level 3. I would not show them this pricing...because chances are they have no idea what it is. I'd negotiate and ask for $50 cash in full at the time of service. They will probably take it.

I found a physician assistant in a clinic called Arcare. I have to have somebody write my prescription for insulin since I'm diabetic and she said she can do that. There are several clinics in LR that take Medicare Advantage per the UHC website.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I pay over $1500 per month for Obamacare for my family. And that's with a $6000 deductible per person and an asinine drug plan!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I pay over $1500 per month for Obamacare for my family. And that's with a $6000 deductible per person and an asinine drug plan!
    Which means, unless you have a major surgery or a hospital stay of more than two days...you are effectively uninsured. Your premiums are paying for the cost of insuring previously uninsured and uninsurable. It almost guarantees the insurance company will do nothing but collect your premiums. The risk of paying a claim for you is very low...balancing out the risk pool.

In other words, you don't work hard enough, you don't pay your fair share (except for health insurance), and you make too much money.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Which means, unless you have a major surgery or a hospital stay of more than two days...you are effectively uninsured. Your premiums are paying for the cost of insuring previously uninsured and uninsurable. It almost guarantees the insurance company will do nothing but collect your premiums. The risk of paying a claim for you is very low...balancing out the risk pool.

In other words, you don't work hard enough, you don't pay your fair share (except for health insurance), and you make too much money.
    I already knew that but thanks. Point being Obamacare is a total joke and a pact of lies!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I was in bad shape when BCBS did away with our individual deductibles and set the bar at just a total family deductible of $5800 and increased our premium. Man Tyler, I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I thought I was in bad shape when BCBS did away with our individual deductibles and set the bar at just a total family deductible of $5800 and increased our premium. Man Tyler, I am sorry.
    Thanks. My private pay Obamacare of $1500 per month and $6000 per person deductibles is through BCBS as well. :bigcry:

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

How is it even rational to think one family can afford $18,000 per year in premium, probably the same amount again in deductible, and have any money left over for anything? GOD (please) BLESS THE USA and find a way for us to reverse this crap.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    How is it even rational to think one family can afford $18,000 per year in premium, probably the same amount again in deductible, and have any money left over for anything? GOD (please) BLESS THE USA and find a way for us to reverse this crap.
    The maximum out-of-pocket cost limit for any individual Marketplace plan for 2015 can be no more than $6,600 for an individual plan and $13,200 for a family plan. - Per the Obamacare website

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

All you dastardly Neo-cons just want poor people to die on the street. Poor people and the elderly. Well, poor people, the elderly, and minorities. Poor people, the elderly, minorities, and undocumented aliens.

Well...poor people, the elderly, minorities, undocumented aliens (including those from Planet Zeton), and LSU fans, who buy their gear at Walmart.

Obamacare is awesome! Why, do you realize that before Obamacare we had 30 million Americans without healthcare insurance! The fact that has grown to 33 million is not Obama's fault. It's your evil repubs in Congress who refuse to cooperate with Obama.

Hope y'all are happy...

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I am getting a ton of those "Advantage Plan" advertisements but not a one will send a list of the doctors in their networks. They look real good until you sign up and find out your doctor is twenty miles away and has a gazillion patients waiting every time you want to get in. I am keeping my regular United Health Care Supplement, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread