+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video Board Team Entrance

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Video Board Team Entrance

I know this has been kicked around on various posts, but I wanted a separate thread to lobby for the video board entrance. Similar concept as Clemson's entrance, except we would funnel the team through the center opening underneath the video board with coordinated graphics, the Spirit of '88 where everyone can see, and the Fire Bell. That is an entrance that is hard to top!

http://fanindex.usatoday.com/2014/10/27/the-10-best-entrances-in-college-football/

Team Entrance.jpg

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Video Board Team Entrance

I agree. But the team would have to "sneak" around to the opposite end of the fieldhouse.

We better do something because I do NOT want the Spirit of 88 hidden away where no one can see it. I also think (with everyone else) that the Bell is an extremely important and underrated tradition that we can do a better job of highlighting - ie, not playing booming scratchy music while it's being rung. If I'm correct, the Bell has rung at every home game Tech's ever played?

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I agree, I feel like our current entrance is actually deflating.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I agree 100%. Baylor has a great entrance that should be listed as a Top 10!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

. . . and next year let's change it back.

Complete SEZ first.

Until then, "pardon our construction."
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I'm all for this, assuming the team can sneak around to the other side of the field and the Spirit of 88 will be out on the field.

Now would be a good time to start a tunnel from the SEZ to the video board before they pour all the concrete. :icon_wink:

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    I'm all for this, assuming the team can sneak around to the other side of the field and the Spirit of 88 will be out on the field.

Now would be a good time to start a tunnel from the SEZ to the video board before they pour all the concrete. :icon_wink:
    There already is one.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

I like the idea of the team coming in under the video board and having the bell and Spirit of '88 there.

But, I will say this about the temporary construction entrance: The kids love to line up and see the players, give them five, etc. while they walk up/down the edge of Section A.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    But, I will say this about the temporary construction entrance: The kids love to line up and see the players, give them five, etc. while they walk up/down the edge of Section A.
    Copy that.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

How about a smaller board on the SE side incorporated in the project? I recall there is a ribbon board?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    I like the idea of the team coming in under the video board and having the bell and Spirit of '88 there.

Kids Club Members get to form two lines on the field that the players run between during the entrance.

+ Reply to Thread