+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mickey Slaugher

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

LaTech Mickey Slaugher

Saw Mickey was on BBB recently -- boy would I love to see some posts from him!! for many of us old farts, Mickey was the greatest coach Tech ever had. Man set AFL passing records, developed Bradshaw, stayed at Tech til he retired and had 2 of his sons play great football at Tech -- and still lives in Ruston
    Last edited by Dogsince65; 10-31-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Mickey Slaugher

When I posted this, Mickey was on BBB -- would really like to hear from him again.

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

I often dream where the Tech Football program would be IF Mickey had gotten the Head Coach Job when Tech went outside and hired Becktol from Arkansas! Tech was at Va. Tech
    and East Carolina level then and they have continued to progress much more over the yrs.
    When Paul Miller left Tech had another setback! Been many over the yrs but hope Tech wins
    out and will be on the right track again!

Quote Originally Posted by ETXBULLDOG View Post
    I often dream where the Tech Football program would be IF Mickey had gotten the Head Coach Job when Tech went outside and hired Becktol from Arkansas! Tech was at Va. Tech
    and East Carolina level then and they have continued to progress much more over the yrs.
    When Paul Miller left Tech had another setback! Been many over the yrs but hope Tech wins
    out and will be on the right track again!
    . Word back then was Mickey did not want the job and Collins did not think he should have to interview-- can not confirm that

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Saw "him" at practice tuther day. He is high on the team.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Coach for the first time in a long while, out having supper. Great man and an amazing influence on my life. Where would Tech football be? Not sure. Where would I be without Coach? I hate to think.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Coach Mick will be at the game tomorrow, sitting in his usual spot about 10 feet from me. Its sacred ground, and Coach Mick is the Minister.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . Word back then was Mickey did not want the job and Collins did not think he should have to interview-- can not confirm that
    Collie went to Wyly Tower for his interview and was told at the door by a committee member he would be wasting his time. He turned around and left. Never got to the 16th floor elevator.

He is development director for Calvary in Shreveport. He needs to be considered as LHSAA executive director. . . . or even just be interviewed so he can give some pointers.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

I played with Bobby and Michael. Mickey was at every game. Favorite memory from Tech football is when Mickey would yell in his really loud voice, HERE WE GO BULLDOGS, HERE WE GO!. You could hear him in the huddle no matter how big the crowd.

Would love to hear it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Collie went to Wyly Tower for his interview and was told at the door by a committee member he would be wasting his time. He turned around and left. Never got to the 16th floor elevator.

He is development director for Calvary in Shreveport. He needs to be considered as LHSAA executive director. . . . or even just be interviewed so he can give some pointers.
    stil remember the ass kicking he and Northeast put on us at "ed Jackson Bowl" , I was at S Cal , Houston, Fla etc losses but NOTHING compares to that loss--only game I ever left at halftime. Collins got his revenge bigtime. Back to Mickey-- he is everything most modern coaches are not-- dedicated to a program and saw Tech as home. Thanks for the memories, their is Hope we can get someone close to him one day (?Rattay?)

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

I am deeply grateful for all of the very nice things all of you have said about me none of which are deserved. With two brothers and a sister graduates of Tech, two sons and a daughter graduates of Tech, and one daughter-in law a Tech graduate and a granddaughter currently a junior at Tech, you can easily see the influence of the very first one in my entire family to ever attend college---me! I dearly love Louisiana Tech and all it stands for! Now, there is one more to work on in the next year and a half.....................................

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

The man. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    I played with Bobby and Michael. Mickey was at every game. Favorite memory from Tech football is when Mickey would yell in his really loud voice, HERE WE GO BULLDOGS, HERE WE GO!. You could hear him in the huddle no matter how big the crowd.

Would love to hear it today.
    I still have visions of Bobby catching passes, getting hit hard ( almost typed got slaughtered but that would be too cheesy) - holding on to ball and jumping up pointing first down! too this day it is my favorite celebration move of all time-- think Graham may have stole it from him

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

Why didn't Tech want Pat Collins as HC?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

During the game broadcast the announcers gave props to coach as being the first in a long line of great QB's at Tech.

+ Reply to Thread