+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bill Cox is our Alum of the Year!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

LaTech Bill Cox is our Alum of the Year!

Congrats to all.

http://news.latech.edu/2014/10/31/lo...ards-luncheon/

"Bill Cox, a 1959 geology graduate, retired as Louisiana Tech’s director of athletic promotions and director of athletic facilities in 1996 after working in the Athletics Department for 12 years. He also worked for Cedar Creek in Ruston from 1996-2007 and was the owner of Cox’s Shell Service Station in Ruston from 1960-84. His 22 awards and recognitions for service to Louisiana Tech, Cedar Creek and the Ruston community include being the recipient of the Robert E. Russ Awards in 2001 and the Bill Best Humanitarian Awards in 2007.

“All of my life, God has seen fit to put me in the right place at the right time surrounded by the right people,” Cox said. “I wasn’t born in Ruston or even Lincoln Parish, but I’m so proud to be here today and proud of being an alumnus of this university and a Lincoln Parish resident. I’m proud of being a Christian and proud of being presented this award.

“When I first got the letter telling me I was going to receive this award, I thought it was a joke or a mistake. Then I thought maybe it was like a lottery and I was just lucky my name had been drawn. I graciously accept this award, but I’ll tell you who deserves it – the thousands of students here, and the thousands of alumni along with all of the administrators and educators. I’m just proud to be part of the Tech team.”
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bill Cox is our Alum of the Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Attachment 12028

Congrats to all.

http://news.latech.edu/2014/10/31/lo...ards-luncheon/

"Bill Cox, a 1959 geology graduate, retired as Louisiana Tech’s director of athletic promotions and director of athletic facilities in 1996 after working in the Athletics Department for 12 years. He also worked for Cedar Creek in Ruston from 1996-2007 and was the owner of Cox’s Shell Service Station in Ruston from 1960-84. His 22 awards and recognitions for service to Louisiana Tech, Cedar Creek and the Ruston community include being the recipient of the Robert E. Russ Awards in 2001 and the Bill Best Humanitarian Awards in 2007.

“All of my life, God has seen fit to put me in the right place at the right time surrounded by the right people,” Cox said. “I wasn’t born in Ruston or even Lincoln Parish, but I’m so proud to be here today and proud of being an alumnus of this university and a Lincoln Parish resident. I’m proud of being a Christian and proud of being presented this award.

“When I first got the letter telling me I was going to receive this award, I thought it was a joke or a mistake. Then I thought maybe it was like a lottery and I was just lucky my name had been drawn. I graciously accept this award, but I’ll tell you who deserves it – the thousands of students here, and the thousands of alumni along with all of the administrators and educators. I’m just proud to be part of the Tech team.”
    Great speech.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Great speech.
    And this was just an excerpt. The actual speech--well, it was a talk really--was very moving.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I am Very pleased that he won
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Papa Bill is a great man.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Bill Cox is another one of my favorite Tech personalities -- but I had the great pleasure of associating with him many times. A very humble person who truly deserves recognition.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Very much deserved
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Congrats and it's well deserved!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Good choice!!!!!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the day when Webster Parish had THE most active alumni group anywhere, we could always, ALWAYS, count on Bill Cox to help with our annual Tech fund raiser at the civic center. No telling how many hundreds of pounds of jambalaya he cooked for us! Always has a smile and tells some of the best stories and jokes! No better choice possible!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Mr. Cox can also perform an impressive array of card tricks, but I didn't see that mentioned in his list of accomplishments.

Excellent choice for the award.

+ Reply to Thread