+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ULL wants in CUSA if UAB drops football

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: ULL wants in CUSA if UAB drops football

I doubt the league implodes seeing how one of their teams won last year's NC in basketball.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I think it more likely that they'd just invite a couple of CUSA members as replacements.
    Exactly
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Exactly
    And I would guess Rice and Southern Miss....... We have our work cut out for us AGAIN! If we would start shooting for higher than these programs (facilities, marketing to get fans in the stadium, and winning), we could be that "name" they would want. I know all about the market issue, but we can overcome that - like so many others have that are in small towns.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Conference USA needed to go to 14 because they:

(a) Wanted round divisions

(b) Wanted Old Dominion and Charlotte

(c) Couldn't afford to go below 12 at any point, due to their TV contract

They don't need to go to 14 now, but (a) will likely prevent them from staying at 13. Also, they may still want the buffer so that if they need to fill gaps they can go to the CAA (James Madison, specifically) instead of the Sun Belt.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Requirement 1, you have to have been the outright Conference Football Champion at least once.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Requirement 1, you have to have been the outright Conference Football Champion at least once.
    They don't want to talk about that. All they want to talk about is those consecutive New Orleans Bowls, which will probably be upped to four this year.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    They don't want to talk about that. All they want to talk about is those consecutive New Orleans Bowls, which will probably be upped to four this year.
    I don't care what they want to talk about, if they want in OUR conference we should be setting the criteria for who we want as conference mates.

It's like an interview, as the hiring manager I'm going to ask you the tough questions about your resume, why do you have an employment gap of 2 years, what were you doing, why did you leave each of these jobs, why haven't you gotten your professional certification yet... not lob you softballs to hit out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I don't care what they want to talk about, if they want in OUR conference we should be setting the criteria for who we want as conference mates.

It's like an interview, as the hiring manager I'm going to ask you the tough questions about your resume, why do you have an employment gap of 2 years, what were you doing, why did you leave each of these jobs, why haven't you gotten your professional certification yet... not lob you softballs to hit out of the park.
    I obviously didn't communicate sarcasm very well
    Good old Memorial Gym

Puppy Cougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Inb4 U-LaLa is invited despite La Tech protests. In all reality, if CUSA really wants to invite them, there's nothing La Tech can do.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar King View Post
    Inb4 U-LaLa is invited despite La Tech protests. In all reality, if CUSA really wants to invite them, there's nothing La Tech can do.
    Then I guess its good CUSA has shown no interest.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Go back to your older promiscuous ladies.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the thing. I don't think CUSA really wants to invite ULL. The Academics are piss poor. There is already a team in this small state. Plus is CUSA wanted to invite a bunch of LSU fans they would have called Baton Rouge first.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Louisiana already has a school in C-USA. I think they'll get another team from either Arkansas, Georgia or Alabama. I like Arkansas State since it's only two hours away for me and I'd be able to read about Tech and C-USA in the LR paper.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Louisiana already has a school in C-USA. I think they'll get another team from either Arkansas, Georgia or Alabama. I like Arkansas State since it's only two hours away for me and I'd be able to read about Tech and C-USA in the LR paper.
    While I was talking with someone with the Louisiana Tech athletic department at the men's basketball game last night, we chatted about a possible replacement for UAB (assuming they do have to leave the conference). The first team he mentioned was South Alabama. Conference wants a western team and a TV market...South Alabama provides both. He doesn't know if Southern Miss would try to block it, though.

He also said Texas State might be a possibility, but all the Texas schools would likely block it. Tech would likely block UL-Lafayette as well. Two more schools to watch out for are Arkansas State and maybe Georgia State.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    While I was talking with someone with the Louisiana Tech athletic department at the men's basketball game last night, we chatted about a possible replacement for UAB (assuming they do have to leave the conference). The first team he mentioned was South Alabama. Conference wants a western team and a TV market...South Alabama provides both. He doesn't know if Southern Miss would try to block it, though.

He also said Texas State might be a possibility, but all the Texas schools would likely block it. Tech would likely block UL-Lafayette as well. Two more schools to watch out for are Arkansas State and maybe Georgia State.
    Don't any potential members have to be unanimously approved by current schools?

+ Reply to Thread