+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ULL wants in CUSA if UAB drops football

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: ULL wants in CUSA if UAB drops football

We need LESS teams in CUSA. There is no incentive to stay at 14 anymore. Going down to 13 and then 12 enables a larger share of $$$ for all CUSA members.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UABlazin View Post
    UAB is set to be a West team next year. OohLaLa would be a great fit.
    Why don't we add South Alabama or Troy instead?? That's what I thought........

It takes a real dumbass to come to the LA Tech board and promote ULL as a possible new member of CUSA.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    We need LESS teams in CUSA. There is no incentive to stay at 14 anymore. Going down to 13 and then 12 enables a larger share of $$$ for all CUSA members.
    I never understood why we expanded to 13 (or 14?) anyway. That was a very stupid move.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I never understood why we expanded to 13 (or 14?) anyway. That was a very stupid move.
    Protection against the next raid.

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    Protection against the next raid.
    I've heard that lame excuse too. Why wouldn't CUSA just wait and add a new member at THAT later time instead?? It didn't make any sense to commit so early. Things change. It's not as if FIU, FAU, Charlotte, WKU and MTSU were going anywhere. Frankly, I'd probably rather have GA Southern, GA State or Texas State instead if some of those schools.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that lame excuse too. Why wouldn't CUSA just wait and add a new member at THAT later time instead?? It didn't make any sense to commit so early. Things change. It's not as if FIU, FAU, Charlotte, WKU and MTSU were going anywhere. Frankly, I'd probably rather have GA Southern, GA State or Texas State instead if some of those schools.
    I suspect it was because we were adding two FCS move ups. They probably figured it would be best to get that process going immediately so that a large raid wouldn't leave CUSA in a WAC-type situation with not enough active FBS programs

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I believe the wound the Sunbelt may have validity as well. Taking North Texas, MTSU, WKU, and the Florida schools definitely messed with their TV market and competitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    I suspect it was because we were adding two FCS move ups. They probably figured it would be best to get that process going immediately so that a large raid wouldn't leave CUSA in a WAC-type situation with not enough active FBS programs
    There's no need to fear that. The WAC had trouble because there were no "western based" conferences or schools to pick from. That's not the case in a more "eastern" based conference such as CUSA. CUSA practically has an endless supply of schools and conferences from which to draw prospects from. (e.g., the Sunbelt, the MAC, and yes, some quality "move up" schools such as Appy St and other move ups.) You're comparing apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I believe the wound the Sunbelt may have validity as well. Taking North Texas, MTSU, WKU, and the Florida schools definitely messed with their TV market and competitiveness.
    That probably makes more sense than anything.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Savannah doesn't a candle to Hot-lanta.

GaSt is next up to bat.
    Yep, and CUSA loves big media markets. Kennesaw State is now fielding a football team

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Troy has had some decent athletics, but they are at the bottom of the Sunbelt schools otherwise. They would be THE worst selection

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

No thanks.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

No thanks. The ULL football program belongs in the Southland Conference. But I would take their baseball and women's softball. :icon_wink:
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 11-06-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Troy has had some decent athletics, but they are at the bottom of the Sunbelt schools otherwise. They would be THE worst selection
    I know that, MD. I was being facetious with the silly UAB fan who was verbally supporting ULL for a CUSA membership. I thought that was pretty obvious. That's why I added the little "rolling eyes". I picked Troy because they were from UAB's backyard much like ULL is in ours.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

And all God's people said,"H*** no!"

+ Reply to Thread