Had an amazing hunt with my best buddy today. Little man was pretty worn out today after soccer this morning as well as some much needed work on a property we own in town. He wanted to hunt badly, however, he wanted a nap just the same. We made it an hour in the stand before he asked if we could go because he was falling asleep. I asked for a little longer knowing that movement in the woods could easily re-engage him. He agreed to "a few more minutes daddy".

I had my window, now nature, don't let me down.

It started with a pair of doe well off in the distance, but it was something. Next, behind us, a small spike appeared in the food plot. We watched these first deer for several minutes before they all exited the high-line and all was quiet. These 3 deer reappeared a half hour later. The doe at 300 yards and the spike behind at 75 yards. Within a couple of minutes, we saw a 4 point cross a trail not 20 yards from the stand. There is a chance things could get interesting now. The spike is still there without a care in the world. He snaps to attention and becomes a little jittery. He trots off the food plot and gives room to our target. An old sixer stands at 100 yards that has been passed on one other time when little man was not on the hunt.

"Daddy, you gotta shoot him, you gotta shoot him!"