+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State Playoffs

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

State Playoffs

Disappointed there's no chance for a rematch with Byrd:

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: State Playoffs

But, it'll be nice to meet Curtis in the Dome! Er, provided we both make it that far. Take nothing for granted.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Who is Sam Houston and what's their story?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Who is Sam Houston and what's their story?
    Teach my how to twitter and I'll teach you how to Google.:icon_wink:

http://www.cpsb.org/domain/332

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Houston

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Teach my how to twitter and I'll teach you how to Google.:icon_wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Houston
    No problem. Just wanted to see if 80 knew if there were teams other than Rummell . . . . ..:icon_wink:

Sam Houston High | 880 Sam Houston Jones Parkway | Lake Charles, LA 70611

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    No problem. Just wanted to see if 80 knew if there were teams other than Rummell . . . . ..:icon_wink:
    It's Rummel, with one "L" and I did know that. It's dem other guys, in different unis, that Rummel whips each week.

It's Rummel, with one "L" and I did know that. It's dem other guys, in different unis, that Rummel whips each week.
    You know I knew that . . . my fingers didn't. I type like I live: Fast and a lot of mistakes.

All the brackets have been updated with the slate of games for Round 2:

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/new...kets-released/

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Why are there so many divisions and classes? I remember going to 2 state championship games in Shreveport while I was at Tech where Woodlawn played Holy Cross(1968) and Airline played another catholic school from New Orleans(1967) that I don't remember the name of. There were only 4 classes then, B, A, AA, AAA. Looks like they separated the church schools from the public schools now. What's up with that?

Everyone wanted a state finals participation trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Why are there so many divisions and classes? I remember going to 2 state championship games in Shreveport while I was at Tech where Woodlawn played Holy Cross(1968) and Airline played another catholic school from New Orleans(1967) that I don't remember the name of. There were only 4 classes then, B, A, AA, AAA. Looks like they separated the church schools from the public schools now. What's up with that?
    Led by the principles at Many and Winnfield high schools, a coalition of public schools sued, or threatened to sue, the LHSAA due to perceived "unfairness" of a system where Many and Winnfield had to compete with John Curtis in AA. So, to appease the gripers, this new alignment was established. It only affects, for now, football playoffs.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Led by the principles at Many and Winnfield high schools, a coalition of public schools sued, or threatened to sue, the LHSAA due to perceived "unfairness" of a system where Many and Winnfield had to compete with John Curtis in AA. So, to appease the gripers, this new alignment was established. It only affects, for now, football playoffs.
    I'm hoping the new leadership will actually lead and make the needed changes.

Pat Collins name is being tossed around as a replacement. With his experience he would be a good one IMO.

+ Reply to Thread