Me too, MD! I want it back the way it was. In fact, I want schools to be able to "play up" if they want to. So, Curtis can join 5A if they wish. Evangel can too.

I stood to the end of the game, still cheering, on a VERY cold night some years back, watching Evangel throttle Rummel 39-0 in the state semis, (or quarterfinals, can't remember which). Bunch of us, ahem, slightly older fellows, talking about hoping to see Rummel win a state championship and all of us, saying, we WANT Evangel to remain in 5A. Why, you might ask. Simple....so when Rummel did win one, it would be REAL. It would come by beating the best Louisiana has to offer.

That's what I want now. I want Rummel to compete at the highest level and to compete against the very best. If that means losing in the quarterfinals or semis many times, and not reaching the Dome...so be it. At least it would be real.

So, Many and Winnfield and their ilk, can have their trophies, but Curtis would donkey-stomp them 50-0 and so their so-called state championship is not real. They are not, and will never be, the best at AA football.

But....that's just me. Bring it on!