+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: State Playoffs

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: State Playoffs

Me too, MD! I want it back the way it was. In fact, I want schools to be able to "play up" if they want to. So, Curtis can join 5A if they wish. Evangel can too.

I stood to the end of the game, still cheering, on a VERY cold night some years back, watching Evangel throttle Rummel 39-0 in the state semis, (or quarterfinals, can't remember which). Bunch of us, ahem, slightly older fellows, talking about hoping to see Rummel win a state championship and all of us, saying, we WANT Evangel to remain in 5A. Why, you might ask. Simple....so when Rummel did win one, it would be REAL. It would come by beating the best Louisiana has to offer.

That's what I want now. I want Rummel to compete at the highest level and to compete against the very best. If that means losing in the quarterfinals or semis many times, and not reaching the Dome...so be it. At least it would be real.

So, Many and Winnfield and their ilk, can have their trophies, but Curtis would donkey-stomp them 50-0 and so their so-called state championship is not real. They are not, and will never be, the best at AA football.

But....that's just me. Bring it on!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Let me hasten to add. I am NOT knocking the teams in the Select Division I bracket. No sir! I know there are many quality teams. Not just Curtis. So, in NO WAY, am I saying Rummel will cakewalk back to the Dome this year. We might lose this weekend. We struggled mightedly to beat Catholic-BR and Jesuit this season. Got a break on a muffed punt to escape with the W vs. Catholic-BR. So, I fully understand the task at hand.

But! the truth is, as good as Div I is, playing together in 5A with the likes of Byrd, West Monroe, Ponchatula, Destrehan, etc...adds "championship-caliber" games to the bracket. When Rummel won the last true 5A title in 2012, Ouachita and Mandeville, were both VERY tough and either one of those, with one bounce of the ball, could have been in the Dome instead of us. It is that close! Two Dome-worthy teams could meet in the quarterfinals, easily! And one of them is going home that night.

Bring it back.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yep, a hand full of powerful programs including WM were what caused this mess.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Led by the principles at Many and Winnfield high schools, a coalition of public schools sued, or threatened to sue, the LHSAA due to perceived "unfairness" of a system where Many and Winnfield had to compete with John Curtis in AA. So, to appease the gripers, this new alignment was established. It only affects, for now, football playoffs.
    You do realize there are alot of private schools that support the split too, huh?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

My guess is that in the near future the private/public split will end and and a 6A will be created which contains the 32 largest schools in the state. Schools will be allowed to play up, but they must play all the way to 6A.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    My guess is that in the near future the private/public split will end and and a 6A will be created which contains the 32 largest schools in the state. Schools will be allowed to play up, but they must play all the way to 6A.
    That would work

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    You do realize there are alot of private schools that support the split too, huh?
    Name names.

And I would support the creation of a 6A with the best of the best. That works for me.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Led by the principles at Many and Winnfield high schools, a coalition of public schools sued, or threatened to sue, the LHSAA due to perceived "unfairness" of a system where Many and Winnfield had to compete with John Curtis in AA. So, to appease the gripers, this new alignment was established. It only affects, for now, football playoffs.
    It's normally good to be led by principles. Of course, being led by principals is sometimes another matter. But if your principal use of principles was for irony: NICE!!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Many's QB just got out of jail in time to play in their playoff game Friday night. That was from a Many parent........

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    It's normally good to be led by principles. Of course, being led by principals is sometimes another matter. But if your principal use of principles was for irony: NICE!!
    Oh shadhup!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shadhup!

Rummel 28 Teurlings Catholic 20

Big, 6'7" 240 lb QB for TC was a nightmare! Happy to get the W.

Next up a rematch with Jesuit in the semis. Was dreading this.

On the other side of the bracket Bro Martin vs. Curtis. Wouldn't surprise me to see Martin beat Curtis. In fact, I kind of expect it.

Three teams from the Catholic League still alive. Our district is the SEC West of Louisiana HS football.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Many's QB just got out of jail in time to play in their playoff game Friday night. That was from a Many parent........
    Must be a Les Miles LSU recruit.

HUGE games tonite, across the state. Get out and support high school football, wherever you are.

+ Reply to Thread