+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dentist recommendations

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Dentist recommendations

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a dentist in Ruston. I need to go see one because I think I may have an abscess. I am looking for affordability, because I don't have a job and I may need to ask my uncle for assistance. I don't want to cost him a fortune if I have to ask him.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Dentist recommendations

Similar situation. Patrick Stuckey,D.D.S. has been pretty good to me based on price.

If you have the time, I would just call and get a quote from several.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Honestly, never having done this before, I wasn't sure if dentists gave quotes.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Don't put it off. An abscess can get very, very painful.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    Don't put it off. An abscess can get very, very painful.
    I know, my sister has had one before. The problem is I don't know if its an abscess or just swelling from the pain of a tooth with a cavity.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

http://www.paigevolentinedds.com/

Official Dentist of Louisiana Tech

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I kind of got it backwards. You'll need to call to get an exam first. That'll be your first quote. Then, after you have your exam, they'll give you an estimate for the work they'll think need to be done.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I recommend Dr. John Shepard in West Monroe, my friend and Tech grad and father of former Tech golfer. And, yes, my dentist.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 11-12-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

About how much would an exam cost, uninsured and insured? I don't know if I am still on my moms dental insurance.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Kerry Viator. Bigtime TECH man/fan and a great dentist.https://plus.google.com/101164569547...ut?gl=us&hl=en
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I'd recommend not picking a dentist or physician because they are nice people - or any other subjective reason - but because they perform quality work. There is nothing wrong with interviewing a dentist or physician prior to consuming services. That said, you would be very hard pressed to go wrong with anyone in Ruston. We have an unusually high quality talent pool of dentists in Ruston.

I'd call several and ask for a cash price on an initial visit, then get an estimate on the interventional work. NEGOTIATE. "Can I get a 20% cash pay discount if I pay in full today?" "Will you accept in cash what plan xyz would normally pay...and you get it today in cash and don't have to wait for it!" Most, if not all, will do payment plans. Also, if you need an endodontist, we have one of the very best around to whom almost every local dentist refers. I've had to use him myself to correct a botch by a Monroe dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    . I've had to use him myself to correct a botch by a Monroe dentist.
    I actually have a hollow tooth from where my last dentist screwed up a childs version of a root canal D:

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of Tech grads/supporters in the area who would probably be willing to help you out. Most will offer a cash discount anyways, but you might ask for some sympathy with the poor college kid/fellow Tech person. My wife is a dentist and has said that Dr. Volentine does good work. If you can make it down to the Hammond or Madisonville area, let me know and my wife will help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    There are a lot of Tech grads/supporters in the area who would probably be willing to help you out. Most will offer a cash discount anyways, but you might ask for some sympathy with the poor college kid/fellow Tech person. My wife is a dentist and has said that Dr. Volentine does good work. If you can make it down to the Hammond or Madisonville area, let me know and my wife will help you out.
    Im ending up going to peach tree, since my moms insurance is assuredly taken there and I am still on it. Thanks though! My uncle is helping me, a Tech grad of like 71, himself.

Again I want to say thanks for all the help and suggestions! Also boy do pain meds make you drowsy @_@. (Its the first time in my life I have ever had any sort of prescribed pain medication.)

+ Reply to Thread