+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice @ Marshall

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Marshall Rice @ Marshall

I'm super stoked for the owls.

Anyone else jumping on the owl train?

Just think, a Rice win and Tech winning out. Come on down Marshall.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rice @ Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    I'm super stoked for the owls.

Anyone else jumping on the owl train?

Just think, a Rice win and Tech winning out. Come on down Marshall.
    I am right with you!!!!!!!!!! After that and we take care of business at ODU, come on up to our place, Owls!!!!!!!!!!

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Personally,

I want Rice to lose, and Tech to take care of business at ODU, guaranteeing us a spot in the C-game.

I know, I know... we would get a chance at Marshall at home, but hear me out:

1. I want Marshall RANKED when we beat them.
    2. I want Tech getting votes after beating Rice (hopefully).
    3. I want the weather to be that cold, crappy, east coast stuff, where Cato's passing counts for nothing, and they have to stack up against our Run D.
    4. I want Tech to DOMINATE on ESPN, Away, at a ranked opponent, in the all white away jerseys. It's our one Big game on the worldwide leader with all the accompanying hype.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    Personally,

I want Rice to lose, and Tech to take care of business at ODU, guaranteeing us a spot in the C-game.

3. I want the weather to be that cold, crappy, east coast stuff, where Cato's passing counts for nothing, and they have to stack up against our Run D.
    4. I want Tech to DOMINATE on ESPN, Away, at a ranked opponent, in the all white away jerseys. It's our one Big game on the worldwide leader with all the accompanying hype.
    It is definitely the safer route for us for Marshall to win, but I want that championship game at Tech. What a boost after a one game failure earlier this year. We aren't going to be getting votes, anyway.

For now, though, we have to stay focused on ODU!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy either way. Rice wins, we have a chance to host a championship game. Marshall wins and we rap up the division with a win vs ODU. It's all gravy. I'm just going to enjoy the game.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It is definitely the safer route for us for Marshall to win, but I want that championship game at Tech. What a boost after a one game failure earlier this year. We aren't going to be getting votes, anyway.

For now, though, we have to stay focused on ODU!
    I think it's safe to say any 9-3 team about to play in a conference championship will get SOME votes in AP or Coaches polls.

I think it's safe to say any 9-3 team about to play in a conference championship will get SOME votes in AP or Coaches polls.
    It would be nice.......

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

what network is the championship game being played on?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    what network is the championship game being played on?
    Either ESPN or ESPN2, it's TBD.
    Last edited by qng001; 11-13-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

To follow-up on what qng001 posted, the CUSA Championship game is scheduled to air on either ESPN or ESPN2 on 12/6. However, I believe ESPN still has the ability to move the game to ABC. This happened in 2011 when a ranked Houston hosted Southern Miss. A BCS bowl bid was on the line for the Cougars. The game was moved to ABC with a Noon EST start.

If Marshall is undefeated and the only ranked G5 school and an access bowl bid is on the line for the Herd, I wonder if the game gets network TV coverage. The Mountain West Championship game is scheduled for CBS that same day, as well.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

I'd rather Rice lose to Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    I'd rather Rice lose to Marshall
    Why is that? You just want us to play at Marshall for the championship game or are you scared we will lose to Rice and don't want that to stand in the way of our Western title or do you like us facing a Marshall team undefeated? Believe me, if Marshall is undefeated, we have to beat the refs as well and on Marshall's field.

Anyway, we just need to win 3 games in a row now.

As for me:
    I want Rice not right after they lose to someone.
    I want to play Marshall on our home field

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Personally,

logic is impecable --bird in hand --or is it owl in hand. Winning CUSA western this year locked up no matter what happens with OD win and Rice lost -- this is similar to assuming we had Bowl in 2012 and damn thing fell apart --Rice beats Marshal and they come in on huge win and game means everything --they lose and we beat OD -they come in flat like we did against San Jose ( just an opinion based on personal history--

Why is that? You just want us to play at Marshall for the championship game or are you scared we will lose to Rice and don't want that to stand in the way of our Western title or do you like us facing a Marshall team undefeated? Believe me, if Marshall is undefeated, we have to beat the refs as well and on Marshall's field.

As for me:
    we all know how attendance is for late season games at Tech and i don't want to show a national audience that we can't get very many people in the stands especially for a championship game.

Puppy ccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really nice ccp017's Avatar

As for me:
    Unfortunately I believe this statement is true. I always hate saying that the refs were the cause of the loss because the team that plays the best is going to be the one to win. Not always necessarily the best team. But with the amount of money that CUSA has put into trying to promote Marshall to get into the College Football Playoffs, I definitely will think they will want Marshall to win. Just my own opinion.

I do believe it will be a great game as it will be only the second challenge Marshall will have to face all year. And we all know how Diaz can draw up a great game plan against a potent offense. Let's take care of business next week against ODU. Right now that is all that matters.

+ Reply to Thread