+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice @ Marshall

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Re: Rice @ Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by ccp017 View Post
    Unfortunately I believe this statement is true. I always hate saying that the refs were the cause of the loss because the team that plays the best is going to be the one to win. Not always necessarily the best team. But with the amount of money that CUSA has put into trying to promote Marshall to get into the College Football Playoffs, I definitely will think they will want Marshall to win. Just my own opinion.

I do believe it will be a great game as it will be only the second challenge Marshall will have to face all year. And we all know how Diaz can draw up a great game plan against a potent offense. Let's take care of business next week against ODU. Right now that is all that matters.

didn't stop USM from beating Houston with a trip to the BCS on the line for the Cougars

Puppy ccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really nice ccp017's Avatar

You are right. And that goes back to the team that plays the best will win. All depends on how you perform under pressure. Even if there are some bad calls. A good, composed team can overcome bad refs. We have seen that time and time again this year with the officiating crews we have had. I have no doubt we can take it to Marshall. But we definitely need to take care of business first. Let's be 1-0 next week!!!

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

I want Rice and Marshall to play one of the best games of the year (meaning no mistakes -- simply great, back-and-forth football), with Marshall winning it the end. Both teams come out looking great.

Then, with Marshall still undefeated, we meet up in the C-USA championship and beat them on their own field. We come out of the game ranked (having finished undefeated in C-USA with wins over Marshall and Rice) and head to a top bowl game as the highest ranked G5 school.

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    I want Rice and Marshall to play one of the best games of the year (meaning no mistakes -- simply great, back-and-forth football), with Marshall winning it the end. Both teams come out looking great.

Then, with Marshall still undefeated, we meet up in the C-USA championship and beat them on their own field. We come out of the game ranked (having finished undefeated in C-USA with wins over Marshall and Rice) and head to a top bowl game as the highest ranked G5 school.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

For all the hoopla, Marshall is still just an ex MAC team, Like WKU and NTU are ex Belch teams. They are not supermen. Rice might manhandle them. Catoe had gotten more publicity, but is he really any better than Sokol, or Jackson (Rice QB) for that matter. I'm more worried about Rice, until Marshall beats them.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Tech just needs to concentrate on ODU. Do what we can control. Whoever wins the Rice-Marshall game....we will have to deal with them later.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Tech just needs to concentrate on ODU. Do what we can control. Whoever wins the Rice-Marshall game....we will have to deal with them later.
    We must concentrate!

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    For all the hoopla, Marshall is still just an ex MAC team, Like WKU and NTU are ex Belch teams. They are not supermen. Rice might manhandle them. Catoe had gotten more publicity, but is he really any better than Sokol, or Jackson (Rice QB) for that matter. I'm more worried about Rice, until Marshall beats them.
    He's the real deal. They're going to monkey-stomp Rice.

Tech will need to play its best game of the year to beat them in Huntington.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Rice vs Marsha needs to be a war. I want them both bloody and beaten at the end of the game. Don't care who wins, either way it doesn't change what tech needs to do, beat ODU

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Marshall will lose to Rice.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

I'm with most here, I hope its awful weather in WV on Saturday. If both teams gas the other team, It could be a boost for Tech.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It's going to be -127 degrees and the HERD has a big chip on their shoulder...

They will send a message
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    . Spoken like a monster die hard Dog living in Natichoches

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

I just don't see how Rice is a 20 point underdog to the Herd. Rice is a dangerous team that Marshall and the Dogs better be ready for.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    I just don't see how Rice is a 20 point underdog to the Herd. Rice is a dangerous team that Marshall and the Dogs better be ready for.
    I agree! I expect this one to be decided by 10 points or less by either team.

+ Reply to Thread